JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews [R]

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by efernandez9, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Please tell me that Chiqui Garcia being named national team coach once again is a prank.

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    probably not, haven't heard anything about it, but he was sacked for Maturana, and we were on our way till Maturana took over...anyway I'll look for more news....

3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

[​IMG]

Villa 3 - Fulham 0

1 - Angel
    2 - Vassell
    3 - Vassell

Angel's season goal count - 13

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ES CIERTO!

y el nacional busca traer a londero como asistente de Pelaez (por lo del cancer terminal)

;;;

;;;

;;;

;;

;

FELIZ DIA DE LOS INOCENTES KABRONES

5. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    been a Villa supporter since 1998, no other team grabbed me the way 'Villa did. Went to see them play LIVE last year. Sat in visiting section with all Villa supporters @ Highbury...will never forget it. But very intimidating...would love to go to Villa Park and see a game agains the blue 'snot' noses! And my best friend is from M'boro and of course a supporter so we'll be at the Riverside to catch the Carling final (I hope they beat Arsenal...but not likely!)

And JPA is quality. No doubt. When you have Saviola, Aimar and Ortega upfront, it's pretty easy to look good (as Van Nisterooy shows for MANURE), but when you have limited midfield support (Hendrie is a bit inconsistent in my book, but I like Delaney...although I used to really enjoy watching Merson play the mid..) it makes those goals he's scoring this year pure quality. And great seeing O'Leary do the job....GT was a dud, and JG I liked!

Last but not least, we need to get Solano....that would be brilliant!!

6. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Rovers 0 - Villa 2

....well worth it. Villa World, especially if you want to see JPA. Also, just watch the EPL review show on FSWorld. If you're going to support a team in the EPL and don't have one, support Villa. The supporters, the history (one of the leagues 'founding' members), it's a strong club with a good youth program....It'll be scary when Ellis croaks and someone with real 'hunger' to win takes over and really invests $$$

7. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

tan poquito sabe usted de Villa para llamarlos 'tan malo'--mucho mejor siempre que su AtNac.

Up the Villa!!!

8. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, the do lack a good midfield, I said that on a previous post too, man you have Villa World that's sweet....

9. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham

I think I may have read your report of the Arsenal game on the Villatalk website, pity there wasn`t a Villa goal. We need two midfielders really, although Hendrie prefers the attacking midfield role and would be better there. I would like to see Hadji come back into the side on the right wing.
    Has for Solano:
    http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...illa-s-bid-for-Nobby-hits-snag-name_page.html
    This is a good site for Villa news:
    http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/villa/

I actually think Hadji is as good as Solano and so we`d only sign him if Hadji leaves.

10. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, I usually check the icbirm. page.

hey Rob, I live in NYC, and what I' d really like to know is if their is a Villa supportin branch here in the states?? Do you know of any?

11. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    No sorry I don`t, I wouldn`t have thought there would be many, if any at all.

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    New Villa deal? ManU after Angel..?

"David O'leary has played down any speculation linking Juan Pablo Angel with a January move and revealed he wants the striker to sign a new villa deal.

Reports this morning suggest leading scorer Angel is a target for Arsenal, Liverpool, and Sunday's opponent Manchester United.

But O'leary is keen to hold onto the £9.5million hitman and has already spoken to chairman Doug Ellis about the possibility of a new deal."

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeadlinesDetail/0,,10265~469260,00.html

13. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: New Villa deal? ManU after Angel..?

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Re: New Villa deal? ManU after Angel..?

15. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Re: Re: Re: New Villa deal? ManU after Angel..?

If Villa win the carling cup and finish top 6 there`s a chance O`leary might move on. If O`Neil leaves Celtic for Liverpool, Celtic would see O`leary as a natural replacement. Being Irish DO`L would find find it difficult to turn them down. Either way I think JP will leave, I only hope it`s in the summer not now, and for no less than £9m.

16. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    13 for Angel...

[​IMG]

Well, another goal from Angel in their win 2 - 1 over Portsmouth...finally we get a live Aston Villa game...how many clubs from England go to European competitions? is it the first 8 or 6?

EDIT: Ivan Cordoba tambien anotó...:)

17. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: 13 for Angel...

I belive it's top 8 - top 4 CL + last 4 UEFA and then they have other ways to enter special playoffs like the Intertoto Cup

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Re: 13 for Angel...

ok cool, that's what I tought, thanks, DOL said that he dosn't want to play the Intertoto cup tho, and JPA has 14 goals not 13...

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Re: Re: 13 for Angel...

he scored a great header yesterday (his 14th)versus Portsmouth...I was a bit dissapointed with the attendance...too many empty seats!

it would be scary to see him with the likes of Viera, Henry and Pires, Bergkamp....ouch

20. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Re: Re: Re: 13 for Angel...

yea I watched the game, but I mistankenly wrote 13 goals intead of 14...

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Arsenal set to bid for Angel

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was reported to be set to make an eight million pound (15 million dollar) bid for Aston Villa's Colombian striker Juan Pablo Angel.

But newspapers said Monday that Villa would hold out for 20 million pounds (37 million dollars).

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/040112/323/ej6u4.html

I think Villa are asking for way to much money.

22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think they are, but I mean they did pay 9.5mill pounds for him, and lets be honest, hes all they have right now, hes the leading club scorer with 13 goals, Vassel is second with only 5! We'll see how this turns out...I think they just are trying to keep him...

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hear what your saying cause the asking price of 20 million pounds is so outrageous. However, it can just be starting off point and Villa is just trying to get Arsenal to raise their offer.

24. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Def too much money for him at the moment. Sell him for whatever price, he deserves trophies and more attention. He's hardly known in England.

25. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    The story may be completely made up. The newspapers do that here. We`re playing Arsenal on Sunday and many in the London media are Arsenal fans. There`ll be stories all week on this in the newspapers in the hope JP does a Saha. Louis Saha was linked with Man Utd and went insane, demanding he be allowed to join Man U, called Fulham (his club) disgusting and refused to speak with his manager. Man U may not even want him, it just made for a good story, since like Angel he`s in good form at the moment.
    The only information that will count is when Ellis (Villa`s Chairman) says something like: Arsenal have made a bid and we`ve turned them down or Wenger says Arsenal have been turned down. Villa will reject the first bid and make it public to draw more clubs to up the price (or reject it outright if the offer`s too low). Then it will be a real story, until then it`s just paper talk.