JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews [R]

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by efernandez9, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, I think that in the MLS JPA will again start scoring a lot, at least I hope so, I mean I know there is no comparison between Galvan Rey and him, but look at what happened to Rey. Oh one more thing, on the news they said he also had offers from Spain, and Saudi Arabia, but chose the "capital of the world" instead.

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Angel was very unlucky fashion-wise when choosing teams. Maybe River's jersey and the away kit for Villains, but other than that ALL THE CLUB JERSEYS HE HAS WORN have been really ugly ;) !!!

4. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    I have the 32red.com jersey:eek: However this is GREAT news cant wait to see him play since im only about an hour away from Giants stadium. He is going to set the MLS afire with all his goals, i dont really noe if i want to get the jersey tho:( its 70 bucks but i want it with his name and number which will come out to like 85 dont think its worth it for such a awkward looking shirt.

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    YOU ARE WRONG, MY FRIEND. HE ALSO WORN THE BEST JERSEY IN THE WORLD. EL VERDE QUE TE QUIERO VERDE !!!! :D N A C I O N A L

6. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very interesting how much the NYRB jersey is hated by most people!!!

I happen to like it & think it's better than the Metrostars jersey but that's just me!!

And remember, who cares what the jersey looks like...as long as JPA plays well!!

7. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    Estaba pensando, como la temporada de la MLS dura todo el verano yo creo que esta garantizado %100 que JPA no jugara la Copa America, dudo que Pinto lo tenia considerado pero si dijo que todo colombiano tenia chance, los Red Bulls no lo dejarian ir a jugar en un torneo internacional despues de pagar unos dos millones por el. Mejor dicho JPA no tendra chance en ganar un trofeo con la camiseta de la seleccion:(

8. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not by me, brother! It's the coolest jersey in the world. Only maricas would think otherwise. Ha, ha! And you're right, I think it's 1000 times nicer than any MetroStars jersey ever. Ave pues mijo, El Angel del Gol a llegado a mi equipo!

[​IMG]

Y Dale, Y Dale, Y Dale Red Bull Dale!

9. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Juan Pablo Ãngel partirá al fútbol de E.U.

El delantero colombiano Juan Pablo Ãngel, en las filas del Aston Villa inglés, completó este martes su traspaso al club estadounidense New York Red Bulls, de la Major League Soccer.

More...

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You're right! Now lets hope the Colombians come out in force to support him.

11. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Re: juan plabo angel para los red bullds de NY?

Nunca digas nunca!

www.soccerventure.net

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope, I'm right :p, ugly looking jerseys...

13. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ¿será que juega este fin de semana?

TV: FSC, FSE
    Radio: WADO 1280 AM (Esp)
    Houston Dynamo *
    04/21
    7:30 p.m. ET
    audio | video
    tickets
    New York Red Bulls
    (1-0-1) (1-0-1)

14. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking the same thing, Pibe #10 but, unfortunately, it seems that government "red tape" won't allow JPA to play for RBNY for at least a few weeks!!

As soon as he comes though, I'll put him as a member of my MLS fantasy team, LOL!!

CAN'T WAIT to see the reaction he gets when he plays his first game at Giants Stadium!!

15. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Se dio lo ke habia anticipado a finales de Marzo.
    Mucha suerte para J.P.A ke tenia las puertas cerradas en su anterior equipo...
    No creo ke va poder volver a la seleccion...
    Este sera su ultimo equipo creò...

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no, you dont understand.....I didnt mean YOUR ugly blue PEPSI shirt, I ment our wonderful green-white stripes shirt....what do you say about Patino??? what a great player, and what a magnificent goallll!!!! :D

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Angel has always been one of my heros since I was little and he was at River hope everything goes well for him, and am happy he playing in NY only 2 hr drive haha to go watch him play and going to school in boston so might be able to see him play the Revolution... tho that team blows...

on a side note any one else notice angel looks alot like the guy manny from scarface??? or is that just me, was watchin it today and now that i see this picture it kinda made me laugh haha

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really hope that Juan will return to the form that we used and should see him, even that it's only the MLS. I'm very doubtful but maybe he can also return to the NT if he'll play like he used to play in Argentina. for me, he one of the wasted talented we've ever had. a potential like Juan had, should be used in a much stronger and technical team then Aston Villa. the English football is ugly (exept maybe Man Utd. and Chelsea) who based on "grey workers" like Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. the English game, and especially Villa's game, didnt fit for Juan, becouse he didnt has the midfielders to pass him balls. it effect on our BT of course, becouse Angel came to the qualifying games when he was in poor form and played anyway. I'm sure he didnt lose his touch. I hope for him that things in New York will work out for him. If he'll do good in Red Bulls, I think he can be useful addition for the National Team.

19. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a matter of opinion, pibe10. In my opinion, English football is the most beautiful and exciting football in the world. The only football that even comes close is in Spain. And, btw, you left out the team that plays the most beautiful football in the EPL, namely Arsenal Football Club. Too bad for Juan Pablo Angel that his reported transfer to Arsenal did not go through last season as he would have had great service from Fabregas, Gilberto, Ljunberg, Berkamp, Henry, etc... "Grey Workers"? Every team in the world has those. Most teams wish they had the likes of Keane and Viera in their ranks. I would say to you that Italian teams, not English teams, are based on "Grey Workers". English teams certainly have them but not to the extent of the Italians. Anyway, now Juan Pablo has joined the next best thing to Arsenal. Ha, ha! Come On Red Bull, Come On Red Bull!
    [​IMG]

20. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that's a tite soccer ball...

21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that the problem is with us, since we grew (some of you are still growing vertically, I only sideways) watching a rather slow football and feel dizzy with the speed of EPL. For me it is very exciting to see these multimillion dollar guys running all over the pitch and giving up their bodies for the game (yeah, I also like that they do not call sissy fouls). The downside is that you only see brigth moves once in a while, is mostly speed, run, run, speed.

But, honestly, how often do you see brilliant plays in other leagues? Only Spain if you are looking at the top six clubs and now Germany is showing some interesting things. I'd rather see this non-stop dizzying 90 minutes of english football with 5 or 6 exciting attacks, than 90 minutes of boring catenaccio or 90 minutes of Unificcion commentators creating exciment where there is none.

22. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Beyond the top4 I can't stand to watch any of the other teams play eachother in the EPL. Maybe westham because of Carlitos but that's it. Then again it's kinda the same for every major league out there.

23. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    Miren el email que me mandaron de red bulls

The Red Bulls made a big acquisition with the signing of Colombian forward Juan Pablo Angel from the English Premier League club Aston Villa.

Enclosed in the attachment is some information about season tickets. Please take a look at it.
    Read below for further details about half and mini plans.
    Also at the bottom of this e-mail is the 2007 Red Bull schedule.

Half-Season Plan Pricing Per Person (Rows 11 and higher) - Pick your own 8 games!
    Seating Location Price
    Midfield Seats $288
    Sideline Seats $208
    Corner Flag $144

Four-Pack Plan Pricing Per Person (Rows 16 and higher) - Pick your own 4 games!
    Seating Location Price
    Midfield Seats $148
    Sideline Seats $108

Thank you and feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to order a ticket package.

Tony Wollerman
    Red Bull New York
    (201) 583-7011
    twollerman@newyorkredbulls.com

Date Opponent Time
    April
    04/15 - Sunday FC Dallas - WIN 3-0 3:00 p.m.
    04/21 - Saturday Houston Dynamo 7:30 p.m.
    May
    05/13 - Sunday Colorado Rapids 3:00 p.m.
    05/19 - Saturday Columbus Crew 7:30 p.m.
    05/24 - Thursday Chicago Fire 7:00 p.m.
    June
    06/16 - Saturday Kansas City Wizards 7:30 p.m.
    July
    07/14 - Saturday New England Revolution 7:30 p.m.
    07/22 - Sunday D.C. United 5:00 p.m.
    07/26 - Thursday Chivas USA 7:00 p.m.
    August
    08/12 - Sunday Toronto FC 5:00 p.m.
    08/18 - Saturday Los Angeles Galaxy 7:30 p.m.
    September
    09/01 - Saturday Chicago Fire 7:30 p.m.
    09/22 - Saturday New England Revolution 7:30 p.m.
    09/29 - Saturday Real Salt Lake 7:30 p.m.
    October
    10/13 - Saturday Kansas City Wizards 7:30 p.m.

Red Bulls sign Angel from Aston Villa
    Associated Press
    SECAUCUS, N.J. -- The New York Red Bulls signed Colombian forward Juan Pablo Angel from English Premier League club Aston Villa on Tuesday, their second acquisition under MLS' rule allowing teams to add players outside the salary cap.

The Red Bulls hope to have the 31-year-old available to play within two weeks, club spokesman Eric Tosi said. Angel will join former U.S. international midfielder Claudio Reyna, also acquired under MLS' designated player rule, and Dutch goalkeeper Ron Waterreus.
    Both were added since the Red Bulls hired ex-U.S. national team manager Bruce Arena late last season.

"I'm extremely excited about this opportunity," Angel said by telephone from Aston Villa's stadium in Birmingham, England. "I can't wait to join my teammates and start as soon as I can."

Angel's arrival is the latest high-profile player acquisition since MLS adopted in November its designated player rule, which gave teams the ability to sign up to two players outside the $2.1 million salary cap.

The Los Angeles Galaxy announced the signing of David Beckham in January, followed by the Red Bulls' acquisition of Reyna and the Chicago Fire's acquisition of Mexican forward Cuauhtemoc Blanco.

"[That] did play a part, all the big names going to the league," Angel said in explaining his reasons for the transfer. "When I had the opportunity to talk to Bruce, I wanted to be a part of what they were trying to do.

"The fact that MLS is trying to improve, bringing in well-known players from all over the world, it's been a great help."

Arena has been rebuilding the team since his arrival in late July, which came not long after his contract with the national team was not renewed following the U.S. team's first-round elimination at the 2006 World Cup.

"In November we traded with Chivas USA for a second designated player with the hopes of bringing in a proven forward and midfielder," Arena said. "With Juan Pablo Angel we met those goals. He's a fantastic addition, not only to the club but to MLS."

Angel was Aston Villa's most expensive acquisition in club history when he joined the northern English team in 2001 for $14 million. But after Aston Villa acquired John Carew from Lyon and Ashley Young from Watford during the January transfer window, Angel's playing time decreased.

He last played for the club on Jan. 31 against Newcastle and last started a match 11 days earlier against Watford.

Angel is likely to boost interest in the Red Bulls among New York City's sizable Colombian immigrant population.

24. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they think? hahahaha....of course colombian players in NY are going to create a buzz.

25. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I hear for JPA opening day, they're giving all kids under 12, one of these:

[​IMG]