JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews [R]

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by efernandez9, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Yes. He was voted the `Premier leagues fans player of the month for September`. Every Premier league player was a potential choice but JP came out on top. One of the reasons though is that most Villa fans feel the club gets overlooked in favour of the more fashionable clubs, so these votes are a way of getting some recognition for our better players and so we rally to the cause. I think Mellberg and Barry were voted player of the month for two of the months last season, yet we were nearly relegated so it was pushing it a bit. Still good for JP to win it though. If he keeps scoring he might win it every month! Our last 20 goal a season scorer was Peter Withe in 1981, when we won the league, if JP scores in our next game he`ll have 5 league goals with 1/4 of the season gone so it would be on target.

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    cool cool, thanks for the info,
    hope he gets a hat-trick, a perfect hat-trick, haha. Hope he scores for real tho.

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    is aston villa on tv this weekend? for USA viewing

[​IMG]"Mientras no respetemos los procesos no vamos a lograr nada", J. P. Ángel.

[​IMG]

4. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Que maquina para hacer goles es ese juan pablo. Para mi es lo unico que tenemos en la seleccion.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Dos de JPA sacan al Aston Villa del fondo de la tabla...tiene como 6 o 7 en la EPL...

EDIT: no es la EPL, en el equipo, en la EPL tiene como 4, 8 en total para el equipo.

6. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Que desespero tan hp ese goleador en ese equipo tan malo.

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hay rumores que depronto se lo llevan del Villa en Enero, en www.avfc.co.uk hay una entrevista donde le preguntan si va a renovar contrato o se va, y el dice que esa desicion la toma el Villa...

8. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Cuales son las opciones que tiene el? Sabes?

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no nose, quien sabe...
    otro gol mas de Angel pero esta vez en la Carling Cup contra los Millonarios del Chelsea, en el web de Aston Villa dicen que fué una joya, que se sacó a tres defensores y fusiló al arquero con un derechazo...ganaron 2 - 1.

Que bien por Angel...

10. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Angel scored a great goal, beating two defenders and bending the ball inside the near post. Then he set up the winner, winning the ball and shooting, the rebound fell to McGann to score. We`ve got Bolton in the semi`s with probably Arsenal if we make the final. The League cup (sponsored by Carling this year) is a lucky competition for us. In the 33 years it`s been going we`ve won it 5 times and this is our 12th semi-final. The players are really up for winning it this year, Angel looks especially like wanting a winners medal.

11. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's exactly what I posted, word for word, are you sure you don't speak Spanish?...I hope they win it, and climb outta of the relegation danger zone...

12. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I don`t speak any Spanish, I can sometimes pick up a few words, English as latin roots aswell, but aside from `the millionares of Chelsea` and something about defenders I didn`t know what you`d said.

13. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    What web page can I go to that will show me the goal?

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rovers 0 - Villa 2

[​IMG]

El Cafetero Juan Pablo Angel, volvio a marcar en el triunfo 2 - 0 sobre Blackburn Rovers, JPA tiene 12 goles in la temporada para Villa (7 en EPL)

El Cafetero Juan Pablo Angel, scores yet again in the Villa triumph over Blackburn Rovers, JPA now has 12 goal in the season for Villa. (7 in EPL)

for goals, I don't know I whish I could see them too, the official Villa site has them but you have to pay for a full membership to see them.

15. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    aqui esta la respuesta:

People: ARSENE WENGER wants a new Angel on top of his Christmas tree ... Aston Villa striker Juan Pablo Angel. Arsenal chief Wenger is trying to sign the Colombian cracker in a shock transfer window deal. Angel has been the surprise shining star of David O'Leary's side this season, with a stunning goal against Chelsea in the Carling Cup among his collection of super strikes. Highbury spies have been watching Angel closely and recommended him to Wenger as the man to take some of the load off Thierry Henry. Angel would leap at a move to Arsenal despite at last becoming the darling of Villa Park after three troubled seasons.

Villa are asking £8 million for the Colombian international, who was outstanding at Blackburn yesterday.

16. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I wouldn`t accept less than £12m, and then it would have to be in the summer, not January. We really need about 4 players and don`t have much money so we could buy them with the money we get. I don`t think JP will sign an extension to his contract, which has about 18 months left, so I was resigned to him leaving in the summer anyway (Our chairman won`t let him leave on a free transfer). What`s good about his form this season is, it could take us to a cup final and trophy win, qualify for the UEFA cup and comfortably avoid relegation and finish mid-table. If JP then leaves for a big fee we would be able to strengthen the squad. It would be sad to see him go but I think it`s inevitable with the way he`s been playing, the big clubs have started to take notice.

17. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, I hope Villa will get back at least what they spent on him, not just £8m....he is starting to pick up his form, but I hope he wins something with Villa before leaving...the Carling Cup will be good. I too will be sad about leaving Villa, the club has grown on me...but we don't know yet if any of this will happen.

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Papers - 12/23/2003

Tuesday December 23 The Sun: ASTON VILLA are bracing themselves for a flurry of New Year bids for Juan Pablo Angel. The Colombian ace, 28, has hit four goals in the last three games to take his season’s tally to 12. And that record is sure to alert leading clubs in England and Spain. Arsenal are keeping tabs on his form and visit Villa Park for a Premiership game next month. Angel was given a word of warning by boss David O’Leary before scoring in the 2-0 win at Blackburn. He told him he would only be judged a top striker if he started netting in away games.

19. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Angel and Henry? Both starters?

20. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think so, If he does go, we will see him as a sub for sometime, they'll let Henry play the first half by himself (thus be able to increase his EPL goal count), then probably bring Angel in the second to secure the match if they aren't well ahead by then...probably same thing as with Ruud/Forlan.

21. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I think he would make a good strike partner for Henry. JP kept dropping hints to O`leary about how he should play Vassell up front, instead of wide right, we`ve started doing better since that change of formation, although Vassell hasn`t been scoring.
    Angel likes to play in the space between the oppositions defence and midfield. To do this he needs a quick striker to lead the attack so he can drop back and take the ball off the midfielders and start creating things/switching the play/running at defenders/shooting from outside the box. In other words he`s not the furthest player forward. For this reason he`d be a good partner for Henry. I don`t think Colombia play him like this, but they should. If there is a quick Colombian striker around make him the number 9 and Angel the 10.
    Anyway I don`t think Arsenal have any money and Bergkamp and Kanu like to play behind Henry anyway so I don`t think he`ll go there. One possible move is to Valencia, if they get £20m for Ayala off Chelsea. So I hope they don`t as I want JP to stay.

22. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    damn, I wish our NT's coach (we don't have one right now :() tought like you, but no hes always up top, all by himself....I like Valencia more than I like Arsenal...but helping to bring Villa up will certainly add more value to him, I just hope he'll stay on form, for Colombia's sake...

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    end of the year tally

15 goles: Alan Shearer (Newcastle)

13 goles: Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

12 goles: Thierry Henry (Arsenal, +2), Louis Saha (Fulham, +2)

8 goles: Nicolas Anelka (Manchester City), Michael Owen (Liverpool), James Beattie (Southampton), Mikael Forssell (Birmingham, +1)

7 goles: Frédéric Kanouté (Tottenham), Hernán Crespo (Chelsea), Juan Pablo Angel (Aston Villa)

24. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    With one more game to go (28th v Fulham) there may be a few more to add. We`re at home so if Angel plays (he`s got a slight injury) I`d hope he`d score one or two since most of his goals are scored at Villa Park.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    in that case he will become the top latin-american scorer of EPL for 2003

BTW, dec28th in colombia is the equivalent of april's fools in other parts of the futbol globe....go JP