JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews [R]

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by efernandez9, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Por la Copa de Inglaterra, el delantero colombiano Juan Pablo Ángel marcó tres goles en la victoria de su equipo, Aston Villa, 5-0 como visitante sobre el Wycombe, club de la segunda división del fútbol inglés.

not that he beat a great team, but 3 goals in a competitive tourney means a lot for the colombian on the rise. He also assisted in the opening score.

I wonder how many he has in the EPL games so far?

2. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    JPAngel Villa v Wycombe [R]

For any Colombians interested Juan Pablo Angel scored 3 and made another in tonights cup game against Second division side Wycombe Wanderers. He was subbed after 60 minutes to rest him for the trip to Chelsea on Saturday or he would have scored more. That`s 7 goals in his last 6 games, including the two games for Colombia. Hopefully he`ll keep the run going at Chelsea.

3. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    He has three goals in the EPL. Another second division side blackpool, beat EPL side Birmingham City 1-0 and Luton Town drew 4-4 with EPL side Charlton, so that division is not too weak, although Wycombe are near the bottom.

4. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    I thought he scored the first goal in the 1-4 loss against Manchester City?

5. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Now that Crespo popped that cherry, who knows when he's gonna stop. He's a great forward. I hope Aston Villa brings back a point or perhaps more from Chelsea.

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Angel has six goals,
    he scored two before playing for Colombia,
    1 against Mancherter city, and the 3 for the Carling Cup. 3 in EPL 7? with Villa.

7. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    6 goals in 4 games for Villa, 7 goals in 6 games for Villa and Colombia. A daily newspaper (The Sun)printed a match report on the Wycombe game and said he scored the winner for Colombia agianst Brazil, when commenting on his recent good form. I guess they`ll have to print a correction tomorrow and point out that it was only a consolation goal.

8. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    glad to see, a colombian better yet a south american representing over in england.

Juan Pablo has been going through rough times, cause the stupid coach prefered playing english players than a south american one.

same thing is happening in New Castle, let solano start then maybe ull start winning games.

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    all times colombian scorers outside colombian liga:

V aristizabal: 95 goals
    F asprilla: 86 goals
    JP angel: 84 golas

all still active, since 1989

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea but Asprilla is no longer outside Colombia, so he will remain at 86 if he dosn't leave Cortulua antes de que cuelge lo guayos.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the question is who will reach 100 first: JPA or aristi?

Is it harder in EPL or in brazil Liga?

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    are you kidding me? haha
    Aristi will get there first no doubt,
    hes got 5 more to go!
    I think its harder for JPA, EPL and all, but also cause he dosn't have the team that Aristi has behind him. When Aston Villa lost JPA's lead and ended up losing 4 - 1, their midfield was totally gone. JPA was racing back and picking up ball on their own half of the field. Aristi all he does is wait for the pass, take off, and shoot. That's what Maturana has failed on so badly, COlombia as of yet haven't found a "feeder," El Pibe was great, but GIO is not cut out for it.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    JPA for aston Villa

tomorrow vs chelsea (veron and crespo)

does aston V has any chance vs them?

14. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    We have a chance but the team as just been anounced and I think it may be very defence minded, depending on where Dion Dublin plays. I`m afraid we may be trying for a 0-0, based on the team selection.

15. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chelsea got lucky, only won by minimal difference.
    But again, JPA very much alone up top, although De la Cruz had a pretty good game. He teamed up with Angel to cause some struggle. I think those two need to pair up a few more time to really gel together and cause some damage.

16. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    JUAN PABLO ANGEL: news & Interviews

DAmn I saw that game for nothing. I wanted to see Crespo and Hasseilbaink team up.

De la Cruz played a good gameas well.

17. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Villa v Bolton.

After a goaless first half Bolton took the lead a minute into the second half when Nolan scored. Then on 58 mins. Hendrie set up JP who, from just outside the box, side-footed into the top corner. With time running out and a draw looking most likely, JP was wrestled to the ground by Campo, in the penalty area. Penalty to Villa. JP takes it...and its saved by the Bolton Keeper. FT 1-1.

18. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    how did he kick it? was it soft or what? a good kick or not? was it a good save, or a lucky one? too bad he didn't score the winner....Good for him tho.

19. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    The penalty came in the 86th minute. It was side footed, almost like his goal earlier in the game. It was a clean strike but a nice height for the keeper and a bit too close to him. He looked devastated to have missed it. JP was still Villas MOTM though. His goal was well taken and a first half free kick hit the crossbar. If JP doesn`t score nobody does at the moment so we can`t really afford for him to miss Penalties.

20. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Honestly I am glad that he is scoring goals for Villa, but supposedly he is Colombia's BEST striker. Having pks blocked or missing pks should not be acceptable. I know it happens, but when you are at home and there is pk in the 80something minute and the only chance to win the game, there's no doubt that after he strikes that ball it should be in the back of the net and he should be celebrating. Personally I am not happy.

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not happy either, he should have scored, he would have been the hero. O'leary still said that despite missing the pk, he was Villa's best player by a mile. Can you imagine if he would have score, thus his team winning, today would have been declared a holiday in Colombia, JPA's day, we all would be drunk, chanting his name, illuminating his pictures with sacred candles, heck, I would even name my daughter after him (I don't have a daughter tho). He should have scored.

22. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    Pibe, what part of VA do you live in?

23. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    house - Dumfries, VA
    School - Mason U. (Fairfax, VA)

Hey Rob,
    So I read somewhere that JPA got the fans choice award? what is that? for the month of September right?

24. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    I live in Dumfries too. So you're a Metro fan too?

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a Metro fan?
    nah, I just watch the MLS from the sidelines.