JUAN CAZARES- news & rumors

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by efernandez9, Dec 14, 2010.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Almeyda out as coach. Hopefully the new coach that comes in gives him opportunities.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    another nice goal from cazares

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    there's going to be a handful of good center attacking mids/mediapuntas for the next Qualifier cycle. If only we could snatch a coach that could put them to use- Cazares, Junior Sornoza, Miller Bolanos, etc. They could be very beneficial to our NT. They're players that make the difference with a free kick, a long shot, an unexpected assistance, and genialidades in general. Their futbol dominates the middle of the field and they're always in touch with the ball. They are players that are always mentally a play or two ahead of everyone. Not all of them will make the NT, but if 1 or two of them would, it could make a difference. I really think the selection we will have for the next two cycles will be one of the richest we've ever seen or will see.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah lots of young kids coming up that are already killing it in the midfield. Too bad none will fit the NT system. Like you said... Hopefully next time.

6. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watched him against current Libertadores champs, San Lorenzo, and he had an amazing performance. The Argentine commentators were praising him. He needs to be called up. I believe we have to adjust our NT formation so we can get the best out of him. This guy has so much class.

Manolo repped this.
  7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. What a goal! Very impressive and against the best team in America. Can't wait to see him in the NT.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    San Lorenzo isn't the best team in America. They won the Copa Libertadores yes, but they aren't even in the top 5 in argentina... Think of when Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League. They were a shit team who got lucky against Barcelona, Napoli, and Bayern. They were European champs, but they weren't the best team, and were in fact average. San Lorenzo is a below average team who beat Nacional and Bolivar to win the Copa Libertadores in semis and Final and who finished 16th out of 16 teams in the groups stage and only went through on goal difference thanks to U Catolica, and they have been battered by many teams in argentina in that time.

That doesn't take anything away from Juani. He is a crack and we at River wish he was still with us. The guy has some amazing ability and he'll improve throughout the season along with Banfield as they readapt to first division

Sorry for the rant, but I can't take any more unwarranted praise for san lorenzo, here in buenos aires the media has been building them up as world beaters, even though the statistics prove they are the worst libertadores winners in the tournaments 55 year history

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Isn't Cazares on loan to Banfield? I thought he was still owned by River.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    correct, he's on loan. River still holds the rights to Cazares.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with your assessment, but that being said, they still won the tournament, and that does count for something. Cazares is a kid who has a lot of potential to be big money, but I think that timing and maybe club politics impeded his continuity. If he can continue to impress with goals like this and games where his vision and skills shine on the pitch, he should be a good asset for River to recall or to sell to a team in Europe for a nice ROI. I'm hoping he can go back to River and prove that they weren't wrong to sign him early on. That goal is nothing short of incredible...WOW!!!!

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #89 b9d23m89, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    I recorded Banfield's game and watched it. Cazares is an animal with his vision and ball control. The moment he has an opportunity to shoot he will take that risk like Michael Arroyo. I've been following all his games lately and he's doing very well. He had 4 shots on goal that are hard to believe they didn't go in. 2 were blocked if I remember correctly and two of them were outside shots that smashed the post.

When Matias Almeyda was coaching River he didn't play Cazares because he most likely wasn't ready. Lots of River fans are saying "i can't believe we let him go" but they don't know that River still holds ownership. Either way River was smart. They had Erick Lamela and Lanzini to work with and banked off them by keeping them in River. They loaned out Cazares so his worth could rise and now next June they'll either be able to take him back or make the sale to anyone that's interested. Either way it's win a win for River. Banking off jugadores de la cantera. That's how you do it. Cazares was just last in line, but they still are gonna profit off him.

http://studiofutbol.com.ec/video-el-partidazo-de-cazares-vs-tigre/

here's some highlights

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I've been praying for a player like this. He's actually comfortable on the ball in the middle of the field! For years we've been producing wingers but we never have any decent players in the middle since Mendez and Aguinaga. The World Cup showed how badly we need this, we had to bring in 35-year old Mendez whenever the game called for possession which is pretty pathetic for a soccer nation like us. Bring Cazares in, give him the #10 shirt, and let's give him LOTS of time, he will probably struggle at the international level at first but he has the exact characteristics to gradually build around him.

Also speaking of central midfielders, have you noticed Club America's coach is having Michael Arroyo take the spot of Rubens Sambueza in CM due to injury? Finally as we've all been saying for years and yelling at Rueda, it takes an Argentine coach to notice that Arroyo is comfortable on the ball and has the vision to play in CM. Sambueza is an excellent player so for Turco Mohamed to have confidence in Arroyo to take his spot says something special.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What information do you have that suggests Juani is still a River player? Trust me I wish he were, but no one around here, either fans/socios, coaches, directors, or socios have even mentioned him...

As far as I know, he was basically given to Banfield so that we could free a foreigner spot and sign the Colombian Carbonero- who has since left to play for Roma...

If you know something we don't please share, but I sadly think he is Banfield's and his next stop is Europe and we won't see a dime... but trust me, it would be a dream to have him for the Libertadores starting in February

And btw- Almeyda did play Cazares... Not much, but he played him in 4 or 5 copa argentina matches and also gave him his league debut against San Lorenzo- i was there in the stadium- and he also started vs. Colon in Santa Fe

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My mistake, you were right. I just checked and he's actually on loan from Independiente del Valle for 18 months. I thought he was on loan from River (yet again this year) since they were the ones loaning him out last year. So you're correct. What I was 100% sure of is that his rights are not property of Banfield but since he was with River for so many years I thought they were the ones loaning him out. I had no idea Independiente del Valle still held rights to Cazares.

http://www.ole.com.ar/banfield/pases-Banfield_0_1187281557.html

there's the source ^

"Juan Cazares: Se renovó préstamo por 18 meses con opción de compra de u$s 1.500.000 por el 50% de los derechos económicos con el Club Independiente del Valle (Ecuador). El plazo para ejercer la opción es 30/11/2015. Se paga en 3 cuotas de u$s 500.000 (enero 2016, octubre 2016, enero 2017)."

So the ones making money here are going to be Banfield IF they choose to purchase the 50% part to his rights. Guess the River fans do have something to be upset about. This struck me to be honest. I can't believe River loaned him out during his last season he could've been there. But at the end of the day, he wouldn't have played much either. Lanzini was still the starter this past year. Right now Cazares would've been fit for River after he left though.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Arroyo already played as a center mid in BSC during his last few months there w/ Luis Soler and that's where I noticed he has what it takes to triumph in that position. also a few games in Atlante Ruben Israel had him as a mediapunta, center mid, and on the left wing. Arroyo had lots of freedom in Atlante which is why he performed so well. You give Arroyo freedom y es otro jugador.

I want to see Arroyo, Miller, and Cazares battle for that spot on the NT. And have Junior Sornoza as a back up to call up in case of injury in the NT. To me those are the ideal 3 guys. But I want that competition from those 3 and which ever one is more suitable to the next coach, well so be it. Pero esos tres tienen que pelear el puesto. Those are 3 beast players to have and just like you said...we haven't had this in a while. If you watch Banfield play, you can see how Cazares makes Ricardo Noir stand out a lot....YES, I'm talking about the Noir (ex BSC) that was straight crap in the campeonato a few years ago. Si le vez jugar a Miller puedes ver cuantos espacios le abre a Mondaini, Charcopa, y Mena. Why is Mena having such a great season? Miller has a lot to do with it. Imagine how much more freedom Antonio and Montero would have w/ Cazares, Arroyo, or Miller playing in the middle. Add that to the threat that these three guys pose w/ their outside shots and assists. This Ecuador is made to play a 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 because now we have all the tools to do so. But if we stick to the 4-4-2 i can promise you we won't see the best of these three players. To make matters worse, we might not even see them on the list b/c they wouldn't be necessary.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Difference is Cazares is 22, at that age we can build a team around him that will last for a coupe cycles. You know I love Arroyo, but he's at his peak years already, plus he does have some selfish tendencies so I'd rather him see the ball closer to the opponent's goal than ours. I know you like Miller but I honestly haven't seen enough of him.

19. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #95 viagoal, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    All of Juanitos goals with Banfield thus far:

Fecha B

Fecha B This one was beauty

Fecha B

Fecha Primera A Best Plays and goal

20. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #96 viagoal, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Oops forgot to add this beautiful goal:

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Another golazo.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great game by Cazares last night. He was involved in all 3 goals. Crazy watching Ricardo Noir play so well too lol completely different from the guy I saw at BSC a few years back. That kid is fast.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Noir didn't do so good at Barcelona because he wasn't getting it in the pooper. Lol

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Juan Cazares es un medio ofensivo de nacionalidad ecuatoriana que tiene una pinta excelente a sus 22 años. Surgido de la cantera de River Plate, Cazares podría unirse al eterno rival de los Millonarios. La gran presión que está recibiendo Spinosa para no vender al jugador es lo que ha provocado que el propio presidente dijera lo siguiente: "Si Juan Cazares se va a Boca Juniors, dejo de ser presidente". Eduardo Spinosa promete su dimisión si no es capaz de mantener a uno de las estrellas del Taladro para la próxima temporada. "Es imposible que Juanito juegue en Boca", añadió el presidente en unas declaraciones recogidas por el diario Olé, uno de los más populares de Argentina

cortecia de fichajes.com