Juan Carlos Osorio news & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, May 21, 2015.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That would be crazy. I mean they really should go after a coach that has NT experience. Also Osorio was only really successful with Nacional. His teams are awful defensively and emplod after a while when the team gets sick of his rotation.

I mean if he went to one of their big clubs that would be awesome but just be mind blowing if he got their NT.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just a rumor.

And it does not seem like any of the Mexican forums are mentioning it so it may just be smoke.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Rueda to Saudi Arabia and Osorio back to Nacional is much likelier scenario

4. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quizas lo tienen como una de las muchas posibilidades.

Well all thought lo de sao pablo era bs y no fue, aparentemente Osorio is becoming more known that we expected.

Si Pinto no estuviera con Honduras seguro ya lo hubieran contratado

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pinto is like Bielsa it's his way or the highway and the media can go suck a dick

Mexican federation want to be more in charge of the team then the coach and the media wants to be able to gangbang the coaches daughters. The shit they have to put up with is insane. They need a well known foriegn coach like we got with Pekerman to be like guys cut the shit or we will be a crap team forever

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Osorio is on the hot seat and I have no faith in any Brazilian club to be understanding and retain a coach. They did him dirty by selling some key players. There are also some players that are starting to dislike him (Ganso and Michel Bastos). The only player that has been vocally supportive is Alexandre Pato. Osorio might be better off accepting the Mexico job.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd take him back at My Fire.
    Or even Millonarios. :ROFLMAO:

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To bad for Sao Paulo. He's an excellent coach and started very slow with Nacional also. I admit that I wanted him out after several months, luckily the Nacional management doesn't listen to me. At the end he finished as our successful coach ever. Sao Paulo needs patience.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he won last weekend

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they didn't buy him any players. His only new player was Guiso who was a free agent no? You can't fire a coach when you don't bring him new players or the ones he wants. It is also his fault once he got to Brazil they told him he couldn't buy any colombians or pick his squad till he was there for 1 season. Something they probably should have mentioned before he left Nacional.

hear he has issues with some of the older players in the squad and the former euro guys. Pato really seems to like Osorio tho

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Which are your sources? first ibarbo and now this.

Toluca loaned him to sao paulo.

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Strong rumor that he is very close to be the new coach of Mexico.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah, that's been going around for a while. I hope it doesn't happen, however I think Osorio's said before that he only wants to manager Colombia if he's going to manager NT's? don't know if its true.

Hope it doesn't happen though, id rather see him stay and continue with Sao Paulo.

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Money talks besides coaching mexico almost assure you going to the world cup

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Also, I don't see him stay too long in Sao Paulo. The team doesn't look good, the fans hate him...

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Man don't tell me I have to root for Mexico now.

That would suck immensely.

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    would actually be a good experiment on their dime. If they do really well we can only benefit as he would have a good case for taking over. If he fails, that's a good case for not having him come on board.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only way Id root for mexico is if my grandkids some how played for that team

even then they'd have to not play 10 other teams I like more then them haha

Doogs and HomietheClown repped this.
  20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    even with Osorio no chance ill ever support those people, their absolutely unbearable at times

crzdcolombian and HomietheClown repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that if Osorio needs to choose, he must choose Mexico over Sao Paulo. It's time that the best Colombian coach in the last years will coach a national team and a good one for a change.

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I suppose he can't really go wrong. I don't think he was doing bad at Sao Paulo, he's been a little inconsistent at times but he's done pretty good in a competitive league like the brazilian

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You think Osorio is better then Rueda?!!!!

Rueda after 4 WCQ games ands 0 points took Colombia and we didn't qualify for what 1 point? After losing 12?

Rueda then takes Ecuador to the WC then Honduras in a very fought group. If I remember correctly neither really have a super solid team and both were always in qualifying position with him.

Mexico is the Germany of their confederation. My grandma as their coach can qualify them.

But back to Mexico do they learn nothing!!! Get a coach with NT experience that has recent sucess!!

Mexican NT job is a thankless job that you will be fired because the team is not 1/10th what the fans or their media expect. Watch a Mexico game and all they talk about is how they are gigantes of the concacaf haha and how great they are even tho they have gotten 4-5 BS PKs in the last 2 games I have seen them play haha

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1Osorio debutó mucho después que rueda

2 El concepto táctico de Osorio si es mucho más innovador que el de rueda para el medio

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @crzdcolombian Why do you think that I compare between them? Both of them great coaches, it's a fact that Osorio is the best Colombian coach in the last couple of years because of it's resume, with all due respect to Rueda's WC with Honduras. And yes, to coach NT and club it's two different thing, I wou;d like to see Osorio take Mexico and it really doesn't matter that he will qualify with them. He'll be judged according the WC, not the qualifiers.