Juan Camilo Hernandez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He’s probably like they call up players from Mexico and MLS anyway. I might as well go there.

pepinointer and colombianballa91 repped this.
  2. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto repped this.
  3. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto and Azucarero repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hell do well here

all jokes aside, he is a talented guy with a good mindset

just no spot on top football for him. He is not a striker, or a winger, so where does he play? His link up is not strong enough to be a second forward and not many teams use those anyways

just not a good fit

but he will succeed in a lower league and become a legend for that fan base.

pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  5. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I actually disagree, I think second striker would be perfect for him. He has solid link up play and I could def see him in a Teo-like role.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There is a reason Teo stayed in South America most of his career. There is just no place in top football for a player like Cucho

Azucarero repped this.
  7. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, I actually meant in terms of the NT.. though I could maybe see him in Italy down the line.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No guys, teo in his stance in portugal and turkey was starter always. Adapted well in field and scores more goals than cucho all his seasons in europe.....scoring in europa league....actually he played as 9 a lot of times even in nt.

Is well known that his modest career aspirations, are more of a mental-discilinary thing....not because he "failed" ......

Cucho just struggled to be complete starter and to show regular skills in europe.....and havent show a real impact in his teams

Ps: still pending big impacct of a mls player in conmebol wcq...just expectation

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto repped this.
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just logged in to post the goal but see it's already up. Cucho really showing out for the Crew so far!

Love to see it.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If he comes back to Europe he'll be fine, having the contract with Watford and bouncing around and then when he gets there dealing with a ton of different coaches didn't help him. Like so many of our players he suffers from bad decisions in career choice and MLS might be another round of that. He's been unlucky with injuries and outside stuff but he's still a solid player and is still young enough to have a good career, think if he picks the right spot and develops in one position he'd be fine in lots of teams in Europe. He didn't seize the opportunities, maybe MLS works for a couple years and finds a good club and goes back.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He’s not going back to Europe

crzdcolombian repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's signing for Pachuca in 2 years

Unforgiven and crzdcolombian repped this.
  15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's 23, this isn't a retirement league anymore. If he wants to go back to Europe and try to get back into the NT he'll have plenty of chances to do it

16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think he makes it back to the NT. He flopped pretty hard in Europe so I don’t see why teams would take him back

but he will be a beast in the mls and I’m sure the NT gives him a shot

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    unless a free agent. Think they paid 10 million for him and MLS teams don’t sell cheap.

he needs to start for the NT then be the top scorer of a copa america where we win and also provide the most assist then maybe just maybe a euro team will give him a shot.

remember most these teams are super broke….. outside the epl

18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

And teams won’t pay what an MLS team will want for their star player, especially since he already flopped in Europe

dapip repped this.
  19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He'll be back in Europe and will be the top scorer in a top 3 league and MVP in the UCL final. After all, he is Cucho the savior, demigod of the pass and goal, hero to man.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree that the road to Europe will be difficult from an economic standpoint given the massive fee Columbus paid by their standard.

I don't know that I'd call him a flop at Watford though - he scored some real screamers and frankly never looked out of place at the BPL level. Just couldn't get the playing time and I can't explain why given he looked more dangerous to me than the alternatives when I watched him play. It's also important that they made a profit on him while getting relegated so he want bad business to the team. It's just wild Columbus paid it!

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He flopped if you view him as a start sure, he's 23 and basically was moved from club to club without really having a project or manager for much more then a season. Hardly a flop, if he was a flop who couldn't succeed in Europe I doubt we'd all be surprised he signed for the MLS. Most 23 y/o players aren't nailed on starters for big clubs, they work their way up and some have good careers doing so, he clearly has showed he can play in Europe and has had good performance in Spain and England, and at 23 not being consistent with his injury and club track record isn't surprising. He's not gonna be a star, but he can be a solid player in a good league imo.

22. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly. Look at Muriel’s constant change of scenery and lack of consistency in his early 20s. He is far more talented than cucho and he didn’t put it all together until his mid-late 20s.

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Good example, guys like James are rare talents who can excel as a teenager into his early 20's in Europe, lots of other players have talent but it takes time to get it right while they develop.

24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    villus repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he's thinking money talks, everyone has a price.

Gio Moreno chose money and look at him now, no one cares about him but he's set for life