Juan Camilo Hernandez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Azucarero, lvbeto, villus and 1 other person repped this.
  2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I actually like the whole Suarez vs Cucho thing when people were trolling Cucho fans. It’s like they are both young and Colombian we are lucky especially if 1 of the two become great tho hope both do.

have much higher hopes for them than Morelos.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    TBH I've never seen much in Morelos and I think that he's already at his ceiling. Cucho still can develop into a more consistent threat, but of the young strikers, Suarez looks like the real thing. Hopefully two of the 3 become permanent in our rotation, since the top strikers are no spring chicks anymore.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    borre is just 25 so he has 5-7 years or 2 cycles in him. Still at least if he gets a shot.

based on players age only player we need to worry about is Ospina. Montero needs to make a league jump.

James and Cuadrado will have to be phased out in the future as well. Tho think both make it to the next WC. James maybe 2026. His speed never been a factor so age might not kill his career if he can get the injury thing under control

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cuadrado is 32, and while he's at an incredible level, I doubt he will be as fundamental after 2022. James is 29 but seems to be aging faster, so he's another one that is difficult to think as a key contributor after Qatar. And this is worrying in the long term, since other than Luis Diaz, there aren't many offensive midfielders facing top competition right now.

We are stocked at defensive midfield and center-backs and while we don't have yet a solid second keeper, I think Ospina can still provide solid performances while Montero and Arboleda continue to develop.

My concern was upfront: Falcao is 34 and Muriel and Zapata are 29. We have a little more room than in the midfield, but I doubt that they can carry all the way to 2026. It's imperative that a couple of the young prospects become consistent contributors if we want to have a chance of qualifying to the next WC.

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’m probably the only one who thought for a split second that Gio Moreno played for Villlareal LOL

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn’t Barrios, Lerma and
    Haha remember everyone making him out to be good it’s like that dude sucked

then think boca or River wanted him and he preferred China. Fk that guy

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I liked GioMore - probably the only one here. I just didn’t see the point of him playing during the 18 cycle when Muriel kept sitting on the bench.

10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    more than who

Furnaccio repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He have been sub recently........dont progress in his last 3 season in La Liga

12. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    He's coming off a long injury. Prior to that, he'd won the affection of his plans for his tenacity.

He has improved his #s, but Getafe has not been a team that produces a lot of offense this season.

Last year he made progress.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not so sure. Last season absolutely he improved after pandemic but that was only enough to reach the same ampunt of goals in huesca.

Now this season is not was we expected....and the fact that three last matches have been sub, for me are not signals of an improvement.

Still young

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I just hope he pops like Muriel did but much earlier and more consistent. He reminds me of young Muriel

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's really young and Getafe have been struggling a lot, I haven't watched him much lately but for Getafe and for his overall game I wouldn't look at goals as the end all be all. He's asked to work really hard defensively and they don't score a lot of goals, of course he needs to finish and be consistent but Getafe does not freely attack and create that many chances. He's young, he's been switching clubs every season and he's had some injuries, that is a nightmare scenario for most players. Hopefully he'll get a string of being healthy and get to settle at a club for more then a season and lets see how he does.

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he'll do a Duvan Zapata and turn into a decent player at age 28.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In Italy.........but in Argentina and Colombia he showed the best skills in the league.......

Cucho had an exelennt performance with pereira in seocnd division, but in america in first division wasnt so great...

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Bad news. Season over?

I would like watford use him next season...these loans to small teams in spain of the same level havent being so useful his development.
    .is possible he plays in england regarding the eligibilty rules and work permit

19. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008

Looks like he's gonna stay with Watford this season and get to compete in the EPL. The team isn't bad for a promoted team, he should have a good chance to play plenty and his game should translate pretty well to the EPL lets see if he can break through and get into the national team picture.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    If he can stay healthy and score some golazos it would be nice to see him called up.
    I am not sure how Rueda would use him though or even if he wants to use him within his tactics.
    Maybe like he used Morelos kind of out on the perimeter off the bench.

ColombianKilla and crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    After following Everton last season and the way many fans reacted to James, I'd say the EPL is the perfect place for Cucho. At a team with no realistic hopes of winning the league, if you run your @$$ off and play with intent, the fans love you.

The kid needs to fix his finishing, but he plays hard as hell.

pepinointer repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    good chance for him

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah in England if you're physical and give your all they'll love you and with all of Cucho's faults he can always fall back on a solid work rate. Not only will that help him with the fans but it should help him quickly get into the team, lots of players from outside of England are assumed to need a bit more time to adjust to the pace and physicality (whether its warranted or not). They also played with a sort of false 9 a lot last year so hypothetically Cucho could play in all of the front 3 spots that they used last year which is another plus for his playing time.

dapip and Azucarero repped this.
  24. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope this guys can back his mouth eventually. I don't mind the showmanship he displayed on that interview, as long as he can prove himself.

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    does he have more goals than Borja, Borre, Morelos, Muriel and Zapata and only played like 30 minutes on the NT?