Juan Camilo Hernandez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope to see him play in person when I am in Mallorca in May. Last time I saw him person he dropped two goals for us. Let’s see if I can bring him that good luck again LOL

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I watched the macth against valladolid and he lost too many times the ball and was owned by the defenders of valladolid.....maybe the coach rate him high but he isnt making difference, i just seem him very uncofrotable and very forced to make easy plays.......

Azucarero repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    From what I have seen he has had some bad plays sure, and some brilliant plays of his usual grit and hustle. When he does look dangerous he usually hits the side netting or hits it way wide though which is frustrating.

It is hard to rate him truthfully though because in many stretches he is just way out near the touchline on the right wing. That may be his only ticket to the seleccion but he just looks lost out there sometimes. I wish he could play in a 4-4-2 system as an ideal supporting striker but most clubs don't do that anymore. And Queiroz rarely does it too. So the future looks a bit cloudy in my humble opinion.
    But there's still a lot of futbol to go.

pepinointer repped this.
  4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Guys like Duvan and to a lesser extent Cucho give themselves a lot better chance of continuing to play by putting in a shift at least, hopefully that means he keeps getting chances to play and improve.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was bench in last match again. I think mallorca will get demoted, hope he score something before that

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Back as starter today.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #557 HomietheClown, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Had a nice taquito that eventually led to a goal.
    But it was called back due to VAR. Valid handball call.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #558 HomietheClown, Feb 15, 2020
    Cucho finally gets his first goal of the season!

He had a beautiful header that was initially saved by the Keeper and scored off his own rebound.
    Was quick to get up and pounce on it and score when the ball was pushed towards him.

villus and pepinointer repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #559 HomietheClown, Feb 15, 2020
    Pretty good game from Cucho. Not perfect by any means but he did a lot of good work out there.(In stark contrast to many of his previous matches I have seen of him this season.)

It could be because in some of those other matches I saw he was stuck near the right touchline strictly as a right winger on an island which is really not his game.

Today he was utilized a bit more like when he was at Huesca.

He played the right side in the first half, but in the second half he was primarily on left side and drifted towards the center.
    They showed his heat map and it looked like an eagle. Some left side heat and some right side heat connecting to the middle which was really hot.

If the manager keeps these tactics and allows him to roam around free maybe it will help him and his team get an offensive spark they need to keep out of relegation.

The Kubo Japanese kid playing the right side really helped free things up offensively too in the second half. He and Cucho are both technical and solid for guys of their size.

10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    They are crazy for not playing Kubo, if they want to stay up they probably need to ride Kubo and Cucho just not a lot of creative talent outside of those two. Kubo especially can create a lot which would help Cucho get space.

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what kind of taco? meat or pork?

pepinointer repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Al pastor. Cilantro and Onions.

pepinointer and Doogs repped this.
  13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cucho with a Golazo first time volley out of the air. Playing off the right where he can cut in, he switched the ball to Kubo who got off the shot that led to the deflection. Those two in the attack for Mallorca gives them a chance. 2 goals in two games, lets see if he can get his mojo back.

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Video of the goal! What a missile!!

https://streamja.com/keqy

Bomb8, Azucarero and villus repped this.
  15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The two just did some magic to create the 2nd

HomietheClown and villus repped this.
  16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cucho with a beautiful run into the box drawing the defender and back heeling Kubo into complete space who squares for the striker. Beautiful team goal and Cucho did a lot right to create it. Kubo and Cucho are really exciting to watch and seem to be getting a good understanding.

HomietheClown, Bomb8 and Azucarero repped this.
  17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He is still getting back into rhythm but I think it makes a lot of sense with our player pool for Cucho to take Roger's place if he's not playing. Can play across all the attacking positions in the front 3 or can play in a 4-4-2, I think we're likely to see him in the mix, he defends well and has the profile of the players CQ likes.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #568 HomietheClown, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Great to hear that he is starting to get into a good rhythm again.

Taking the Roger or Mendoza role from the last FIFA Date makes sense to me.
    However, does it make sense to Queiroz? We will have to wait and see.

At the very least I want to see Cucho in camp in the Summer battling for a Copa America spot (assuming he keeps on playing like this consistently in Spain.)

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not much to say about Cucho's post Corona debut.
    His team went up against a buzzsaw and was dominated from the very first minute (as expected.)

IT was interesting to see where he was positioned though.
    For most of the match it seemed like he was at the left midfield stripe and even further back helping the LB.
    He did push upfield and pinched inside on occasion but against Barca just had to play defense and chase as most players and most teams on this planet do against their possession.

Let's see how things go on Tuesday.

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Great to see him finally score since the Corona hiatus.

Unfortunately it was against another Colombian Murillo.:ROFLMAO:

villus, sidspaceman and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1278033837034016771 is not a valid tweet id

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They just mentioned on beIN that this is the first time Mallorca has scored 5 since Harold Lozano was on the team.

sidspaceman repped this.
  25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He had a good game, really the manager has made a mistake not playing Kubo and Cucho as wide forwards with a 9 more this season. They've looked at their best giving those 2 free rolls to attack and having them both playing together. Shame they're probably gonna go down but they live to fight another day.

He's looking more likely not at his best as a false 9 and as a wide attacker or playing behind a striker, next season wherever he is will be a big chance to make strides after the injuries ruined his last year.

Azucarero repped this.