Jozy on loan: can I get Hull yeah!?!

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by IndividualEleven, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    Well to be fair neither Lovenkrands or Carroll played and Ameobi was the lone striker. Ameobi is very simlair to Altidore, but much lazier.

2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    point of fact, it was actually Carroll who got most of the starts this year, Lovenkrands got slotted in with him after musical chairs winning the "plays nicely with andy carroll" award. Ameobi got his first start since last year yesturday. Carroll does have a notable bad attitude though, and i think Jozy has the sort of character that could help straighten him out, more than Carroll corrupt Jozy.

I think Ameobi is more like EJ than Altidore. All speed, no touch, average at best field awareness.

Plus, there will be the support of Nolan whos resurgence has been incredible, as has Gutierrez, he looks like a real player now. Routledge has also turned into a player after various flops, hes finally found his niche. The only real upgrade they could use in the middle initially is Guthrie/Alan Smith's position (remember when alan smith was a forward? craziness...), and the papers are littered with O'Hara as a replacement this offseason, certainly worth a punt. Maybe even michael bradley if he has a good cup :cool:

3. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Well this effects Jozy so...... here you have it...

Villarreal are changing the model for 2010/2011 Season.

1) Budget for 2010/2011 is to be €55m
    2009/2010 Budget is €70m
    2008/2009 Budget was €85m

2) Villarreal acknowledged recently there were problems in paying monthly payments to players, but now everything is back to normal.

3) Villarreal will spend ZERO on transfers for 2010/2011 season.

4) Players will be sold and Villarreal B players (who play in the Segunda) will replace them.

4. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, so I take it the odds are likely Jozy will be sold category? What sort of chance is there that he might mix in with some B players to replace those that leave?

5. TigerRoo

TigerRoo New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Traralgon.Vic.
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This is quite a possibility. There have been many suggestions as to where Jozy will end up after the World Cup and his performance during this event could well hold the key. A couple of great goals and/or a stand out performance could see him in great demand whereas no goals and nothing outstanding will certainly not enhance his CV nor his standing.
    I posed the question across the EPL 'footymad' Message Boards and no Club appears to be interested in him (at this stage) according to those with impeccable sources (y'know, they know the boy who delivers the daily paper to the postman who delivers the letters to a cleaner at the Club etc.,etc.,) but the general consensus is not very favourable to put it mildly.
    All this could change after the World Cup of course.

6. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes: I have a far better source that rates Jozy.

7. TigerRoo

TigerRoo New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Traralgon.Vic.
    Club:
    Hull City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Like I said above (y'know,...) I don't take any notice of 'sources' and you'd have to be deaf, dumb, blind and stupid not to realise that Jozy has potential. We did not have the quality in our team at Hull to bring it out and my opinion has been well documented on these boards in that Jozy was the victim of circumstances and was thrown in at the deep-end far too early for my liking.
    At EPL level, the problem, especially for the lesser Clubs, is that they cannot afford to carry up-and-coming players and are looking for those who have the runs-on-the-board which leaves the likes of Jozy treading water or being loaned out in the hope of getting valued playing time. The lad deserves a change in fortune and I hope he has a great World Cup and heads towards his dream of playing for Barcelona by age 25.

8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    .........I didn't know you nearly caused WW3 here :eek:.....
    Anyway, I read footymad /Hull Board once in a while........
    interesting stuff from hull fans...

9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Not sure, what Villarreal plan to do w/Jozy ......
    WC willl be a big factor.... in determining if he's sold/loaned or becomes part of Villarreal B/A or A team

10. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, 1000 is the new 500 so it looks like we need to close this one due to length.

Feel free to start up a new one.