Jozy on loan: can I get Hull yeah!?!

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by IndividualEleven, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Recognize. Jozy made the Actim of the week with his jersey next to Drogs'.

1 person likes this.
  2. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a fan of this thread title. However the OCD in me wants it to read:

Jozy on Loan: Can I Get a Hull Yeah?!

3. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    So damn picky :rolleyes:

4. Bremas

Bremas Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Had to go back and read it three times before I realized it didn't say this.:p

5. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it makes sense they way it is, if you read it as:

Can I get a "Hull yeah!" ? !

6. Principal Firebush

Principal Firebush Smorgy Borgy Borgy

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    Re: Jozy on loan: can I get a Hull yeah!?!

I'd like to buy a vowel.:cool:

7. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

The figured quoted is incorrect... Reports in Spain @ time of loan said that Hull have an option to purchase Jozy for around £6m...
    ....unless ofcourse Hull have already paid £2m for the Loan to Villarreal as part of the package.......:eek:

and .....

9. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the OCD in me wants to see a comma after your "However".

1 person likes this.
  10. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, the total of £ 6m would be pretty equivalent to what Villareal paid to get him, so maybe it's just speculation assuming that they want to break even on the deal.

11. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hated to see the last thread go. We saw Jozy's fullest ascendance during that thread's life.

12. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea that maybe right. 2+4=6 :cool:

and erm I meant Villareal not valencia :eek:

13. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, you meant Villarreal.

14. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Something tells me they've begun thinking "profit" rather than "break even" recently.

Surely they would've worked in a way to collect a profit on his sale.

Those fees have to be pure speculation.

15. JohhnyCaps

JohhnyCaps Member

Jul 20, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you saying Hull DON'T have a set-price option to buy at end of loan as part of the loan deal?

If so, that is the first I have heard of that...

From what I have read, the option is there and the only speculation is the price. I may be wrong about that, however... On the Hull boards, I've read numerous times that the buy-option figure is about 6 million pounds...

Also, what makes you think Villareal can turn a profit if they sell him now?

All things being equal, he's scored one goal all year prem league play thus far... He's shown improvement in play in recent matches for sure, but he's by no means a polished, A-level striker as yet.

A lot of Hull fans want to keep him and see his promise - but they think he's currently worth around 4 million pounds in his current form/stage of development... They are probably right... at least that's what he's worth to Hull (who have financial wage problems as it is...) And let's face it, the 10 million Villarreal paid was based in large part on unproven potential to be realized...

Anyways, will be interesting to see what happens... I hope Jozy stays in the Prem... But if he does, I am guessing Villarreal will loan him again next year... I don't think he's developed quite enough yet to get them the ROI they'd want on a sale... unless Hull takes him at the 6 mil option-buy and Villarreal basically breaks even... Given Hull's monetary constraints, I'd be surprised to see that...

16. TulkasTheStrong

TulkasTheStrong New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

17. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know. I made the comment thinking he was alluding to the fact that the title of the thread was not capitalized correctly, but I guess he was mainly pointing out the lack of "a", which I hadn't even noticed.

18. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to show what a geek I am: Also, it's "really glad" :D

19. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

20. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006

I think you're right. Hull should they survive may want to keep him, but I think they will probably only will if they can beat Villarreal's price down. £6 million is a figure they may just be able to afford, but I don't think they can spend that sort of money on Altidore unless his strike rate improves drastically in the latter part of the season.

21. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago

If Hull tries to beat down Villarreal's price, I think the concern is more that Hull could lose control of the process.

IMO it's pretty safe to assume that Villarreal would take less than 6mm for Jozy before they brought him back. The question is whether they jump on a lower offer without shoppiong him around.

22. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe I'm being naive, but why would they sell him short? They've got people willing to pay his wage bill in the short term. He's showing great signs of being able to cope with the speed of the game at this new level. In his most recent games, he's put in dangerous matches vs high profile opponents. It's not at all unlikely that he'll be a WC veteran by August.

All signs that point to his value increasing. I just have a hard time, given his situation, not seeing profit from his transfer.

23. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Also, a good to great World Cup for Jozy could inflate everything.

24. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006

Do you seriously think Hull can afford to blow all of their transfer budget on soemone who's scored 1 in 19?

A very promising talent like Victor Moses only went for £2.5 million during the Januray transfer window. I don't see how anyone could not find better ways of spending £6 million at the moment than on Altidore.

Don't get me wrong he's promising, but he's not promisng enough to make him worth spending £6 million on.

If he was actually scoring goals then it would be another matter, but until he does Villarreal are not going to make their money back on him.

25. wsmaugham

wsmaugham Member+

Apr 3, 2002
    Chicago

Obviously you're beating the drum for goalscoring or lack thereof. But ultimately this is about whether Hull can stay in the Premiership and how much Jozy can contribute to that. If he's consistently in the pundits teams' of the week by making a nuisance of himself while Hull climbs the table, and the team feels he's a big part of it, whether or not it's him or someone else scoring will be a secondary concern. It's not as if Hull is the choicest of footballing destinations, simply having the money to spend is quite a few steps removed from convincing quality players to put on their shirt. If Jozy continues to play as he has been (scoring or not) and Hull stays up comfortably, they will likely pay up for him.