Jozy Gives A Shout-Out to the US Fans

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Sweeper, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
  2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    "I'd like to also thank all the fans who came out to Soldier Field for the match against Honduras. It was an intense affair since we're aware that in the U.S., there are going to be a lot of fans from other nations in the stadium. However, seeing the giant flag in Sam's Army go up after the goals makes us feel so good. So to all the fans who paint their faces, bring their flags, invite their friends and families and go crazy for the national team, I'd like to express the team's gratitude. I know that there were some guys from New York, who I remembered from my stint with the MetroStars, who flew out and were signing their hearts out. Lots of respect to all you guys."

3. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was not aware that Navy Seals roll with the national team. For some reason, I was under the impression that we relied on the local police and maybe our State Department's Diplomatic Security team.

4. turkas

turkas New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is they use whatever is available.

5. moehlensauce

moehlensauce New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    who is Sam's Army?

2 people repped this.
  6. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha!

Repped!

7. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite obviously Sam's Army is the face and name of the supporters groups to the players.....

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

I think those are the people that have been supporting the USA and laying all the groudwork for us today since back when you were still regularly pissing and shitting your pants.

I'm not SA, but i at least respect what they have done in support of US Soccer over the years. A hell of a lot more contributions to the cause thatn the "Hand of Justice".

9. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Hand of Justice is awesome.

10. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Justice will be brought.

11. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a f*cking community beer bong. :rolleyes:

12. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    repped.

Who the f*ck cares what Jozy Altidore, or anyone else affiliated with US Soccer calls the fans? The point is they recognize that we are there in a sea of opponent's colors. If American Outlaws, Sam's Army, or whoever only care about name recognition or getting their banner or shirt on TV, then they're no better than some mainstream college basketball student section. I'd hope that we're all a lot better than that.

G dam, people, why must you bring another group down in order to support your own group? From reading some of your comments, one would be led to believe that Sam's Army supports Mexico, Honduras, or some other CONCACAF rival. Geez, for the love of god, let it go. Support the U.S. is the ONLY battle cry.

13. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of people that put in a great deal of work to make AO work. AO has greatly increased "membership" of US fans. I think people would just like to be recognized for the work they put it as a separate group.

Sam's Army put in a lot of groundwork to get supporters groups in place. For many years they were the only group around. I'm sure most people around here appreciate that. But they were not evolving and bringing new people in. So if beer bongs in the parking lot before the games gets people standing and cheering so be it.

I think its good to recognize and appreciate the work SA put it, but for most parts of the country they aren't all that active. I keep hearing the same arguments that SA was around when people were still in diapers. Should they have formed their own group before they can talk?

I think the groups and supporters should unite and join as one gameday. But to ignore the contribution and enthusiasm being added by AO is getting old.

14. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fine then say things like "Why no love for AO" or "Why don't they give us any shot outs". Saying "Who's Sam's Army?" isn't asking to be recognized its called being a hater.

Real men shotgun cans of beer not suck it down a shlong looking tube. :cool:

15. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point but you can understand our frustration when we get no credit or recognition for organizing pretty much everything now.

We do both and I would argue shotgunning is easier than funneling. :D

16. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shotgunning is way easier than beer bongs. I can't beer bong to save my life. Not great at shotgunning but I can get it done.

i do think its lame that people don't have respect for SA and what they have done. The bickering between/about the groups is tired and boring.
    I think there's the attitude among some in SA that they were here first and for a longer time and hence they are better. Or "true" fans. Some people in AO don't really recognize that before a few years ago SA was all there was.
    I think we all just need to chill and support the US, whether you choose to do it with a beer bong or without.

17. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HOJ is an icon of US games now. Learn to respect it.

18. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So be it.

I prefer the hallmark and iconic status of US games to be the motha fukin rukas for 90 minutes in the stadium.

19. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how we do. Azteca will be just another example. Luckily for you Sack, it's your birthday week, and you'll be drinking $ 0.60 Coronas, getting sh*ttered with Rishi et al.

And personally, and I've said this to some of our midwestern based US support recently, I'd respect it if there was a Graffix 2-footer of Justice. If so, New York City would obviously repre-mutha-fukcing-sent. Never got the funnel, my alma mater didn't have frats. Totally foreign.

Whatever happened to Thumper and A$$hole? No one plays those games anymore? :D

20. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Graffix bong?