Jovan Kirovski

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by usain2010, Jul 25, 2002.

1. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    I love how he plays. It is unfortunate that he didn't get an early break in his career. He's a damn good player. Hope he will play in the premiership next year.

For those of you out there who don't like him, too bad for you! Your eye for good players sucks!

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Kiro has more than 50 caps at the international level. He's never produced consistently. He's not going to cut it unless he's hooked up the Sports Guy's Juvenation Machine.

Sachin

3. Nate2L

Nate2L New Member

Jul 21, 2001
    PA
    Playing=production

so since he is not playing means he doesn't produce.

4. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Playing for Manchester United reserves sounds about as good a break as one can get. He did nothing with it. I never thought I'd say this about anyone, but give me Eddie Lewis anyday.

5. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    but just because your in the reserves doesn't mean you will break through and make the first team, especially with as many talented players manutd. has and still does have... my point is that he never broke into manutd's first team and the coach at Dortmund was an ********************* for not even registering him for competition in his final year there... so he hasn't had a lot of luck in his career

6. divingheader

divingheader Member

Nov 10, 2001
    St John, NB, Canada
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always liked Jovan, and have never understood why he doesn't produce more goals/assists for the USMNT. Maybe it is the sitting at club level...

I agree about the worst place to find one's self is Man U's Reserve Team. If they need a player they open up the bottomless checkbook and Rio, Ruud, and Seba appear. At least lately.

Here's to Jovan finding a team he can play for. I read somewhere, Shoot I think, that the Akinbayi deal was the worst of the year in English Football... Maybe Palace will sell Akinbayi and give Jovan the daylight...

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jovan is a decent player, but not more than that. His play for the USNMT has been for the most part a failure. His club experiences have for the most part been a failure.

He is famous for one goal, in a friendly against Germany. I've seen him make a couple of other good plays for the US, but that's about it. He cannot dribble, he is not fast, he does not score many goals. He seems an intelligent player and does pass the ball well at times, but I think he is lacking the athletic ability to play at the highest levels.

8. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Actually, that's not entirely true. ManU had a whole group of youths come through at once in the mid-1990s. Becks, et. al. Kiro was the most highly rated of the bunch, even higher than Beckham. He was denied a work permit because he didn't have enough caps with the USMNT.

Sachin

9. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Thanks Sachin for backing up my point. Beckham, Giggs and Scholes all came out of the same youth team. Kirovski had luck and breaks in getting there. What he didn't have was the skill to move further.

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I think I didn't make my point clear.

We don't know if he would have succeeded in the ManU set up. Remember, he was the top-rated prospect for them at that time. He couldn't get a work permit so there's no way of knowing.

Remember, except for a VERY select few players, the quality of your situtation influences how successful you are. For example, Mathis was a scrub with the Galaxy, for whatever reason. For the Metro, he blossomed into a star.

Sachin

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Which isn't necessarily true. He got no "breaks." He didn't make it to ManU's senior team because they could not get a work permit for him. Then he made what I would consider a bad career choice, moving to a team that was not going to play him. Sitting on the bench for three or four years when he needed to be playing every possible minute definitely could not have been good for his development.

Bad luck (permit) and bad choices (Dortmund) are the root of his problems. He obviously has skill, it's just too bad he's never fulfilled his promise. That said, he's still a very good player, even if that means he's not Top-23 for the US.

12. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    The biggest thing that stopped him playing for the senior side (at least in the beginning) was a work permit.

Would his career have been completely different if he'd been able to "graduate" to the first team with the rest of thsose players? Of course.

Would his career have been better? Who knows.

13. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Anyone know if he got a work permit in England?

Seriously, though, I think he's had plenty of breaks and just done jack ************ with them, whether it be bad choices or performance on the field.

14. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Nah I think he has the tools and the Talent to be one of our best. He just needs to get it all together. I mean sometimes it takes awhile. Generally speaking, NFL Qbs hit their prime at arond 28 - 30

15. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    He got over 2000 minutes and didn't produce anything. He just plain sucks.

16. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    usain2010, yes, this time Charlie Brown Kirovski will kick the football.

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    At the international level. So does Jason Kreis. I would love to have either on my club side.

18. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Kirovksi has gotten 10 times the minutes that Kreis has over the past four years. I wish we could have found out if Kreis really sucks for the Nats, but we will probably never know.

19. Omahacrew

Omahacrew New Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Jovan is that you??

20. Preston North End

Feb 17, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute!

Two highly respected managers (Steve Bruce and Bruce Arena) like Jovan Kirovski.

Arena keeps picking him for the USNT and had him as an alternate for the World Cup squad. I think this makes him at worst the 33rd best player the US has.

Bruce brought him to Crystal Palace and played him. Crystal Palace was a top side last year under Bruce, with Kirovski playing. When Bruce left, and Kirovski didn't play, Palace slid down the table fast.

Bruce also wants Kirovski at Birmingham if you believe the rumors and speculation.

I think people - on this board - that don't feel Kirovski can play shouldn't be posting at all.

21. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Why don't you go check his stats for the Galaxy in spite of sometimes being played as an attacking mid. Far from a scrub. He would have been a star in LA too and Sigi did not want to let him go.

22. gideon02

gideon02 Member

Jun 22, 2007
    texas
    he played "ok" for the galaxy this season.

23. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't this thread a little old?

24. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Let's not forget that Kirovski holds the honor, I believe, of being the first American to score a goal in the Champions League, back when he was with Dortmund.

25. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    What a strange thread revival. Is there some Kirovski news other than "he came to MLS and has been a decent distributor but never also failed to live up to his potential at home, as well as abroad"?