Journey To South Africa 2010 [The Reggae Boyz Chronicles]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by I-Got-The-BLUES, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I agree. In all fairness we need his pace and attacking ability. He will be missed in this game. Im not sure what Simoes game plan is but Canada is fielding a very strong squad and their defence doesnt give up alot of goals. I have never felt confident with Simoes and his coaching tactics. He gets outcoached most of the time in my opinion.

2. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Heh:D finally found your own peep? good job, bwoy:D

3. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I see youre still suffering from tha lil man syndrome huh?:D

4. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

Take that sh*t back to the haitian thread:mad:

5. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Why? because you gonna lose to Canada :p

6. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    I can see you have finally found a daddy. I told you that you were wasting your time looking in the wrong place, boy :D.

Good job. Now stick to your own kind, mr jamaican minority.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lemme be the first one to say in the jamaican thread...that you guys wont see a win against honduras, it will be an honor taking full 6 points in Kingston and then back in San Pedro.

8. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Well hey, we can only dream about taking some points off of you guys....I mean hey..If you dont dream big, then why dream at all...?

Lemme be the first one to tell you fi chukk right bakk inna yu puppa

But seriously though....I'm glad we're being overlooked and poorly rated (and rightfully so), I've always hated being the favourite anyway....underdog all the way.
    But tru me's not a badminded yute, me still ago wish unnu (Honduras) the best of luck....buena suerte

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Hmnnn.. I guess when you get a$$ raped as a kid running around the projects in Port au Prince... you grow up to become one f**ked up traumatised adult. :D

Now lil man. The inferiority complex you have wit us Jamaicans is clearly evident. Had I been born in a nation that reeks of tha shit you spew.. id probably feel inferior too but that aint tha case.;)

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

This is what cheap drugs will do to a pint sized Honduran on a bad day. Youre hallucinating again arent you?:D

11. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

I already owned you in your own forums. Now get tha f*ck outta here wit your lil Ricky Martin lookin a$$.:D

13. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    So what happens when you guys choke again?

14. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    damn your talking like haiti is a world beater you guys couldn't beat N.antillies they beat them selves. do yourself a favor and wait until after the games have been played.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    we won't, but what you wills ee is La BiColor in the Hex qualify for South Africa while you guys heal from the terrible losses the group will give you.

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

So far youre already off to a bad start wit a loss while we got our first point. Let the choking begin.:D

17. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Reggae Boyz steal crucial point in Canada
    Ian Burnett, in Toronto Canada
    Thursday, August 21, 2008

[​IMG]Toronto, Canada - Jamaica's Demar Phillips (right) tackles Canada's Paul Stalteri during the first half of their FIFA World Cup qualifying football match last night. The game ended 1-1. (Photo: AP)
    Toronto, Canada - Jamaica's senior footballers made a positive start to their CONCACAF 2010 World Cup semi-final round qualifying series with a come-from-behind 1-1 draw here at the BMO Field last night.
    Played before 21,978 spectators, including thousands of yellow-clad, flag-waving Jamaicans still basking in the euphoria of the majestic performances of Usain Bolt and company at the Beijing Olympics, the Reggae Boyz gave a solid display as they bid for a second appearance at the FIFA World Cup.
    Julian de Guzman, whose mother, Pauline Blair-de Guzman, was born in St Catherine, put his team ahead in the 47th minute, but Andy Williams, who was born in Canada, replied five minutes later with a curling right-side corner to silence the home crowd.
    The game was the first in this phase of the qualifying series, which consists of three groups of four teams playing on a home and away basis.
    The top two teams from each group advance to the final phase, in which the top three teams on points advance to South Africa and the fourth-placed team enters a home-and-a way fixture with the fifth-placed team from South America.
    After a start in which both teams appeared tentative, Canada got the first shot on goal in the eighth minute from Patrice Bernier, but his left-footed effort from just outside the penalty area was easily saved by Donovan Ricketts in goal.
    Moments later, the home side was on the attack again with Dwayne De Rosario serving Tomasz Radzinski with a neat lay-off, but the Skoda Xanthi player booted his shot well high over the horizontal.
    The Boyz did not get a close look at the 40-year-old Pat Onstad in the Canadian goal until near the midway point of the first half when Evan Taylor looped a left-footer towards goal, which posed no problems as it sailed high and wide.
    But that effort seemed to have injected new life into the Reggae Boyz, who proceeded to play with more confidence, especially in attack, and getting better looks at Onstad's frame.
    On the half-hour mark Rudolph Austin had a glorious chance to unleash his trademark pile-driver, but the classy midfielder opted for a 'curler', which was easily saved by Onstad.
    It was fair warning that the Boyz were warming to the occasion and moments later Deon Burton just failed to make contact with Williams' right-sided cross, after good interplay from the back of the team, through the midfield and on the wing.
    It was a decent first half, but the Boyz knew that they had to maintain the discipline they displayed in the first half if they were to come away with a favourable result.
    But things appeared bleak immediately on the resumption when the hosts gained the lead through the wily de Guzman, a midfielder who plays for Deportivo La Coruna in Spain's La Liga.
    The ball was played down the right flank to Dwayne De Rosario, who appeared to be in an offside position, and the Houston Dymano player centred for Radzinski, who headed a well-weighted pass into the path of the onrushing de Guzman to bury under flailing bodies and goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts.
    But like Bolt and company in China, the Boyz stepped up a gear, took the fight to the Canadians and they were duly rewarded shortly after when Williams repaid de Guzman for his earlier act by curling in a beautiful right-sided corner, which embarrassed Onstad at his near post.
    With renewed momentum, Williams drove a soaring free-kick goalwards, but the giant goalkeeper redeemed himself by palming the shot over the top, as the teams threw caution out the door.
    Technical Director Rene Simoes appeared to have switched formation by introducing the speedy Luton Shelton into the attack for the fading Williams, just after the hour mark, but the former Harbour View striker was unable to steal a goal, though he burnt the Canadian defence line on a few occasions.
    Canada, through de Guzman, De Rosario and substitute Iain Hume, piled on the pressure in the last quarter, but stout rearguard action by Ricketts and his defenders thwarted everything thrown at them.
    In fact, at the death, de Guzman was inches away from being the hero when his rasping right-footed shot from just outside the penalty area scraped paint off Ricketts's frame after a moment of indecision from the Jamaican defenders.
    But despite four minutes of time added, Simoes and his Boyz held their nerves rather well to steal a share of the points away from home.
    Teams:
    Jamaica - Donovan Ricketts, Obrian Woodbine, Jermaine Taylor, Ian Goodison, Ricardo Gardner, Evan Taylor, Rudolph Austin, Demar Phillips (Jermaine Hue 90th+), Wolry Wolfe (Omar Cummings 87th), Andy Williams (Luton Shelton 64th), Deon Burton.
    Booked: Williams (45th+)
    Subs not used: Shawn Sawyers, Demar Stewart, Keneil Moodie, Davion Thorpe
    Canada - Pat Onstad, Mike Klukowski, Richard Hastings, Adrian Serioux, Paul Stalteri, Atiba Hutchinson, Patrice Bernier (Iain Hume 65th), Julian de Guzman, Dwayne De Rosario, Tomasz Radzinski, Rod Friend (Ali Gerba 78th).
    Booked: De Rosario (25th), Serioux (54th), Hutchinson (68th)
    Subs not used: Greg Sutton, Daniel Imhof, Kevn McKKenna, Jim Brennan
    Referee: Carlos Batres Gonzalez (Guatemala)
    Assistant referees: Areil Mendez Escobar, Edwin Gonzalez Florian (Guatemala)
    Fourth Official: Walter Lopez Castellanos (Guatemala)

18. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    :confused:

19. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    just as long as you guys beat honduras we are cool, but a lick of a point from Mexico well its not impossible but not likely to happen. Best of luck

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

:rolleyes: doubt it, we showed we can score in El Azteca, we're gonna rape Canada and then Jamaica in San Pedro Sula. i will be rooting for Jamaica against Mexico in The Office.

21. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the only reason you guys scored was due to a stupid error on leandro, if it was not for him you guys would have never gotten a single shot on goal. Thats the truth, and if you think other was then just look at your bunkering formation you guys came to play .

22. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Is all this talk really necessary? Everyone knows Jamaica has no chance of making it out of that group. Now its just a question of knowing how bad they will do...now they are off to an ok start after tying Canada but it wont get much better than this. You will end the group stage with 2-4 points maximum. Alot of you jamaicans are going to feel like this is an insult to you..its not..its just the reality. If Haiti were in that group...id probably think the same. Mark my words....2-4 points max for Jamaica. Ill be back to this thread in a month just to say i told you so.

23. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, if jamaica can get three points from home, from any of there group teams, and run of with a tie from honduras away from home, I actually would not be suprised if they made it through, Jamaica is highly underrated.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thats the thing...we're unbeatable in Honduras the same ways you guys are in Mexico, and now all we need to do is take care of our away games and we're set to qualify.

25. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

The only thing you showed was that you scored and still lost wit no points and at the bottom of the group.:D

Canada will murder Honduras and Suazo and your other chumps are in for a rude awakening when they visit yard.;)