Joshua Gardner

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by JB the First, Feb 18, 2011.

1. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's looking like the Crew just signed Gardner.

Could you all give me some kind of an idea of what kind of player he is? I don't know a whole lot about him.

EDIT: Just realized he goes by Josh...woops

2. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure a lot of the words to describe him will be "solid" and "consistent." You could probably say he was our MVP last year but considering we had about 500 players, it was always going to kind of a random pick. I can't really pick out one thing extraordinary Gardner did last year to be honest, somebody help me.

He's a quality D2 player, fringe player in MLS. I doubt he'll see many minutes for you.

I'm not a hater, just being realistic. Good for him though.

3. elfmeister

elfmeister New Member

Dec 24, 2010
    At the games I watched, he always seemed to know exactly where to put the ball to create opportunities. He's a very low-key guy, not given to flashiness or showmanship, he just makes things happen.

4. railhawksfan

railhawksfan Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Amazing player and a great guy. He is one of those players that true soccer fans and die-hards of Carolina Railhawks came to appreciate and enjoy. Very solid technically but not flashy. You have to be a regular to understand his value. It seemed like he was forever playing second fiddle to the big names on our team -- Paladini, Lowe, Rusin, Franks Lowery, etc. I think he has the quality to make it in MLS. He also pitched in with some vital goals at the right time. Coached at the youth level too locally. Class guy! We will miss him a lot.

5. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Josh got 75 minutes for the Crew last night in the 0-0 draw with RSL in the CONCACAF Champions League.