Josh Wollff

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by socks, Dec 15, 2005.

1. DaMa

DaMa Member

Jun 17, 2002
    New York
    corrected :)

2. jägermeister

jägermeister New Member

May 18, 2004
    Hannover
    Bump. (For socks)

Anyone know how the training thing is going at Everton.

BTW - I always thought Wolff was a nihlist. (That can't be write)

Oh well, I feel a little better knowing there is someone like him out there.

3. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that Josh will be in Nats camp in January would make it likely that it was training that is now over and if it was a trial, was not a successful one.

4. clashcityrocker

Mar 12, 1999
    In the shadow of RFK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I heard that Josh Wolff is going to buy the new San Jose MLS team. Maybe that max salary the Wiz gave him will do some good yet.

5. buffalo

buffalo New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Buffalo
    I heard Josh Wolff was going to join Jaime Moreno in a "walk on water" match against Teddy Brusci. Brusci, having turned water into wine previously and who can forget last May when he cured the world of typhoid; could partner up with other superheroes who crap gold for orphans like Madonna, Bono and Hillary Clinton. They know the issues. Stay tuned.

6. socks

socks New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    oaxaca mexico

thanks jagermeister. josh is a nihilist..as nihil means 'nothing' in latin so goes the news of his progress. sempiternally nihilistic ironically.

7. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dude abides....

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    From Football Rumours (as reliable as always):

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    No way, Aberdeen Rules!!!

Free rep for whomever gets the reference.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmmmmmmm . . . Homer in Scotland.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Stomp Aberdeen!

12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Aderdeen is the former club of current Notre Dame men's soccer head coach Bobby Clark. I wonder if Clark, who is considered one of the Dons
    best-ever players, put in a good word with the club's brass over Wolffy.

I have family from Aberdeen. It's a big city as Scotland goes and the HQ of UK's lucrative oil industry in the North Sea. As such, the cost of living there is fairly high though to be honest it's a pretty gray, dingy place.

In the late spring and early fall, as well as the summer, it can be very nice on the coast but most of downtown Aberdeen on the water is a working port - think Long Beach or Baltimore - so it's not like you're strolling down the beach.

From a football perspective, I think Josh would do well in the SPL and Aberdeen, while rarely a threat anymore to the Old Firm, also is very likely to stay up every year and with a little luck can snag a UEFA Cup bid most years.

13. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
  14. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    And will abide. Is there a Ralph's near here? Damn.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Heck, this year half the old firm is barely a threat to the old firm (but in Europe they're a wonder!)

On the other hand, Aberdeen is lovely in a northerly sort of way. Or was about 10 years ago when I was there, any. I mean, it's not Perth, but what is?

16. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, the site itself claims no responsibilities for any rumours that it publishes. That alone should tell you something.

However, what I had found interesting is that most rumors were not new or too strange to even ponder but slightly rehashed. Folks there are still talking about Evra or Augger when the two have been long signed, sealed and delivered to their respective clubs.

As to Aberdeen, its main achievements were from the mid-80s under a certain Alex Ferguson. The club attendance is in mid-13K, so I hope this is a stepping stone for Josh, if he does end up going there. His age is working against him a little (29 in 2 months) but he is a very good athlete and could have a few good years in Europe a la Brian McBride.

18. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Expensive for Scotland (which would make it very expensive) or expensive for someone coming from KC (which is the cheapest place I've ever lived)? The UK costs a lot these days, in general. Top level footballers do find a way to get by, though.
    If there was substance to this, wouldn't we be hearing actual rumors out of both MLS and Aberdeen about now? anyone hearing these?

19. socks

socks New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    oaxaca mexico
    there are some great songs about aberdeen. and josh is a good karaoke singer. i think the connection is clear. have a great epl career josh.

20. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    SPL, unless Aberdeen have beaten the Old Firm across the border.

21. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aye! O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see ourselves as others see us.

22. penadamaz

penadamaz New Member

Jan 23, 2002
    McDonough, GA
  23. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, makes you wonder when he said "it could happen sooner than later". I wonder how concrete the rumor is/was about him going to Aberdeen. It would be a decent side to go to and he'd have a chance right away to play, I assume.

24. socks

socks New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    oaxaca mexico
    Josh Wolff