Josh Wolff

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by CyphaPSU, Oct 22, 2003.

1. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he's hurt again...6-8 weeks with a broken 5th rib that he sustained in practice, of all things.

My question is: will this kid ever remain healthy for enough time to stay on top of his game and remain in the Nat picture?

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Josh should be wrapped in bubble rap until he steps foot on the field.

3. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    where he will immedialy fall to the ground screaming in the pain of yet another torn ACL

4. str8ruckus

str8ruckus New Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Az US
    He'd probably injure his mouth when he opens it to scream.

5. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Jesus, does it ever end?

Bubble wrap? Fuck that, this boy needs lamenating.

6. FormerGermanGuy

Mar 1, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad... I was so excited about him 2 years ago. with his speed, decent size, and psychic link with Mathis I figured him to be a US Nat fixture for some time to come. He was also showing himself to be quite the Mexico killer... what is it, 1 goal and 2 assists in 2 games? The good news is he's still young, but he'll have to stay in one piece for more than a week before he'll feature in the USA squad's future again.

Milk. It does a body good.

7. el_chancellor

el_chancellor New Member

Oct 6, 2000
    US of A
    Hey, at least the Nats have other strikers they can call on. We KC fans were looking to Wolff to lead our offense this season. Instead we have to rely on Preki to put away the goals.

I think Wolff still has a future. Look at Ronaldo. How many people would've predicted he'd win a world cup after that ACL tear? Wolff is still young (25, right?) and has another five or six years before he hits his prime. There's always a chance he'll turn into Ben Olsen (no offense, Utd.), but I'd hate to put him out of it yet. Besides, a broken rib will hardly affect his footskills.

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I could find that 3-6-1 cover that says "Josh Wolff injures tongue talking about latest injury."

9. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    "And blames the injury on the turf."

10. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    While it is upsetting to see him out again, keep in mind alot of us thought John O'Brien would never feature for the Nats due to perpetual injury, and look how well he did in 02. I still want to see Wolff get healthy. Wolff may be the key to seeing the old Mathis again.