Josh Wolff Coach?

Discussion in 'Austin FC' started by VioletCrown, Jul 9, 2019.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess that article was spot on. Announcing it at the Continental Club was (Austin) weird though. Seems like a solid hire.

3. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Continental Club is an Austin music icon. It actually is a really good choice IMHO, except, perhaps, for the seedyness and size.;)

What I found weird, though, was the press conference itself, where the MC kept saying "I'll get to the agenda in a moment, but first!" and then moving into yet another piece of the event. And the whole unveiling with the video seemed awkward -- we'll show you a video of Josh Wolff with no explanation letting the air out of the BIG REVEAL, then BIG REVEALING ... Josh Wolff!

But maybe I haven't watched enough of these. Or have seen too many of them at the USL level.

Still, it's a very good hire, and it feels more an more like PSV... er, Two Oaks is doing it right. Which makes me hate Precourt more, because it makes it even more clear that he might just actually know what he's doing, and he purposefully tanked Columbus to bring the franchise to Austin.