Josh Ford in Germany

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Josh Ford is a goalkeeper, born 1985, currently with the first team of Rotenburger SV. Former clubs include JSG Wiedau and Werder Bremen. His dad's American, his mother German. His team plays in the Niedersachsenliga Ost.

[​IMG]

Seems he's spent some time in the States, during which he got a write-up in the local paper:

Free trade with Europe paid off for the Howe Sound Sounders soccer squad this year.

Sounders goalkeeper Josh Ford has been named to the North Shore Secondary Schools Athletics Association second all-star team. Josh was the lone Sounder to receive the honour.

Josh is from Germany and is living in Squamish while studying in the Howe Sound School District’s International Program. He came to Squamish from a town called Bremen (about 60 km from Hamburg) in September to improve his English and to play soccer.​

Full article:
    http://www.squamishchief.com/madiso...560488931edfca2588256cb100066c9e?OpenDocument

2. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Coming to work on his English doesn't make him sound like his father is still in the picture. Is he another kid of an American serviceman?

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    1985! Could have helped out our u-20 squad in the GK department maybe.

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Cool, that's the league (5th division) my neighbourhood soccer club, FT Braunschweig, plays in. Their ground is less than a 10 minutes walk away from my home [/trivia about Alex_K]

A town called Bremen? I hope they realize that Bremen has more than half a million inhabitants ;).

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I think this guy was with the Rhode Island Stingrays in the PDL last season.

Not sure his current whereabouts.

6. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    The Josh Ford who played for Rhode Island is the UConn goalie, not the same guy.

7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Nice catch, thanks. Guess I will keep looking. He is definitely not still at Rotenburger.