Joseph Ngwenya

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by DanielHSV, Nov 29, 2004.

1. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    regardless, thanks for keeping us updated daniel. i, and i'm sure most of us, do appreciate it.

2. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    I apologize if I offended you in the way I addressed the situation. I was simply attempting to say that maybe there is more to it than meets the eye. Joe is still training with them from what I hear, which leads me to believe that you might not have your facts straight, that's all...

3. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't have to be a trial, and Ngwenya isn't necessarily an "unknown player".

MLS has had many players go to Europe for offseason training. It's really a win-win situation for both parties. The player gets to train in the offseason, often with a better team than his own. And the European club gets a practice player who is proven at a reasonable level (2.BL if you ask most coaches). Normally a team would like to have 24-26 players in a training session, and if there aren't that many first-team players healthy, they bring in players from the youth team to make up the numbers. While Ngwenya may not be of the same caliber as Hamburger SV's first team, he's probably a much stronger practice opponent than the youth team players who would otherwise be filling in, so he improves the quality of the training sessions.

4. Beppe

Beppe BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2004
    Milano
    Joe Ngwenya needs to incorporate some step overs and some Brazilian-esque trickery into his game. Everytime I watched him this year he could never take a defender on one on one and try to maneuver past him. He would just kick the ball 15 yards ahead of the defender and try to run past him. That is some AYSO ********!!!!! He needs to sit down and watch some Robinho videos and just copy the way the kid plays and Joe could easily play anywhere in the world!!!! I am close to the GM of Modena (Seria B) and I mentioned bringing Ngwenya on trial as a possible replacement of Camara who left to Portsmouth. I showed him compiled videos of Ngwenya and he liked what he saw in his potential but his said the kid needs to work on his skills going one on one.

5. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bleh. His dribbling's fine. Problem is he tries to dribble too much, has trouble passing.

I have yet to see Cobi Jones pull a stepover on anyone, and he's infinitely more effective one-on-one than Frankie Hejduk, who's competitive with Cristiano Ronaldo in the pointless-stepovers-per-90-minutes stat.

6. Beppe

Beppe BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2004
    Milano
    Elninho to mention Cobi Jones and Frankie Hejduk in the same sentence as Christiano Ronaldo is a honest tragedy. Frankie Hejduk's attempts at doing step overs is like my grandmother trying to juggle a soccer ball like Pele.

7. blackhawk

blackhawk New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Riverside, CA

Daniel, alles andere beiseite, ich hab hier gelesen das der HSV Joe N. fuer ein längeres Training eingeladen hat. Höchstwahrscheinlich im Sommer.

For the rest of you, Joseph has been invited to return to HSV for a longer training session, probably in the summer of next year.

8. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    he can't do either (dribble OR pass) IMNSHO :)
    not just stepovers he doesn't try to fake anyone out ever. plus i think he actually shot the ball with his foot like 6 times the whole season. doesn't have any killer instinct either. just my opinion.. i think with his speed, he'd make a great winger though.. now if he can just learn to cross the ball..

9. jaques

jaques New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    SC
    Can someone please give me an update on Joe...I keep reading that he might leave...is that leave as in trade or leave as in no longer part of the team? :confused: :confused:
    Hard to get the scoop here in SC.

10. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Nope. He's coming back for next year...just trust me on this one, I've been in contact w/ him recently... :)

11. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Dear Coach Sampson,

Re: Jospeh Ngwenya

Please refer to video of game 6/12/04 LA vs. Chicago.

Take note of Joe's involvement in all 3 goals:

First, lay-off to Herzog.
    Second, beautiful header.
    Third, drew two defenders, leaving Albright unmarked for game-winner.

Please utilize accordingly.

Thank you in advance.