Jose Mourinho: Love him or hate him?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    I wish I can be the same!!! I just hate the fella, he's good as a manager though... he definitely has my respect there.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I think he has a bit of an inferiority problem. People like Rijkaard command respect as a matter of course because of his great career as a footballer. And what does Mourinho have? He started off as an interpreter AKA little helper for Louis van Gaal at Barca. His big mouth is compensation behaviour.

3. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

But. He is the best football Manager in the world. Thats not me being funny, thats a fact sunshine. He just says ******** off to everyone and still wins everything. Is it because of Romans cash or not? I say no. It is because he learnt his trade from Sir Bobby Robson. Everything always comes back to us Geordies. We rock.

Ps. Big up Chelsea you lucky bastards. What i would give to have Mourinho as my Manager. pffffffffft. Taxi for me.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well like I said he's Van Gaal-like. His magic will last a season and to and then he's off to oblivion.

Truly great managers are people like Rinus Michels who revolutionise football and truly mean something for their club/country in the long term.

5. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

See. Even if he wins nothing in England after this season. I will always think of him as the Best Manager in the world. I think he is great. Welcome in my house anytime and what makes it so much better is, he probs used to make Sir Bobby Robson cups of tea and fetch the newspaper, classic imo.

6. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I admire him, but don't know if I would want him as my club's manager.

The only thing that really turned me off was that 'stunt' after Porto won the CL. Walking off the field immediately and taking off the medal.

7. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

pfffffffft. Get a grip sunshine. Football is sweat and heart, not wwtryibg to please the fans.

Ps. I bet that there was a good reason they walked of the field.

8. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude. I said I was a fan of the man. And I know my opinion is shared about that incident. In his defense, he didn't do the same thing after the UEFA Cup victory. It just looked kind of absurd.

If winning CL doesn't please him, what does? (that was my thought at the time). And the answer (if I'm basing it on reaction) is obviously beating Barca with Chelsea.

Why do you reckon he walked off?

9. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Because their little legs carried them.

Pffffffft. Sometimes, only sometimes i think Americans rock.

10. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    b***s***. i tend to believe most yanks would agree with you.

11. wittyscorer172

wittyscorer172 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    nigeria
    my dearest mourinho

i dont care if any other person out there like him or not, all i want to say is that , he has just proven to the world that he is the best coach ever. can you imagine bercelona that parades some of the best stars in the world. ronaldinho as the world best footballer, sam eto fills as the african best footballer. and many other stars. waoooo! all hail chesae. they desrve the win they got on tuesday. mourinho is the best out there and I LOVE HIM. if this has hurt anyone, dont get mad with me, its just my opinion.

12. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: my dearest mourinho

Your ********ing opinion means Bollox in my house and can you please stop sending PM's sunshine. They are not wanted or appreciated.

13. Susiem

Susiem New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Montreal

Apparentely, he received death threats before that match but then I also heard the rumor that after the game he was in a hurry to leave as he was off on a plane to go sign his contract for Chelsea. With Mourinho, you never know ;)

14. pnkong

pnkong New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    I think Jose is proving to be one of the best coaches around. I hate the man's excited attitude but could not disguise my respect for his resume.

Jose however has to know that pride and arrogance is the antithesis to shame. He has to know that he is a coach and that his excitement would be more compatible with a miscreant than a coach. He will be doing his blossoming career a big disfavor if he doesn't get himself a shrink.

15. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Bollox.

16. am3614

am3614 New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Chelsea's performance so far shows that Mourinho is an excellent manager. They have continued to win despite key injuries throughout the season. To beat Barca without Robben and Drogba is indeed amazing. He also appears to have kept all player's egos in check. Such star players playing w/ great chemistry with little complaints. Mourinho's big ego makes him a target for the media but I think 1) He enjoys the limelight. 2) It takes immense pressure and scrutiny OFF of his players and onto him instead. Letting them concentrate on just playing the match.
    Mourinho brings color and personality to the game, win or lose. Hopefully he will remain at Stamford Bridge for years to come.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Chelsea fans complaining about injuries in their squad just crack me up. You can field two world-class sides for god's sake.

18. DoodleBob

DoodleBob New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Milton Keynes
    He is wicked. :D :D :D :D

19. am3614

am3614 New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's nice to be rich w/ lots of talent.

20. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It's just nice to be rich sunshine.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I wonder if you people still think of Mourinho as entertaining. Oh how the family Frisk must have laughed when they were sat around the dinner table for a quiet night in when all of a sudden received death threats from Chelsea fans! "What a card, that Jose", Mrs Frisk exclaimed, laughing!

Anyway congrats Jose. You're probably the first manager ever who wound up his fans so much that they forced a ref to retire. Sheer class.

22. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Reeeped.

23. Eurekas

Eurekas New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Actually I kind of like him even though I don't like his arrogance. He's a controversial, colourful character that like to play mind games and blame other people (like referees or whoever cheated) when Chelsea loses. He have been fined for the incident which he called Ferguson a cheat. He did get Ferguson on his nerves that Man Ure lose 2 times to Chelsea and once under Porto. Most people who liked him are Chelsea fans I supposed and he does bring consistent and good result for the team.

24. gerrardisgreat

gerrardisgreat New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    usa
    Do not think the guy is stupid in fact think he is actually fairly intelegent and obviously plays mind games but is laughable when he accuses other teams of diving. While do not like his usual style of play hard to argue with results. However he to me comes across as classless and his stunt after the first leg in Barcelona was dispicible. Plus has any UEFA official ever called a coach or manager before an enemy of football.

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Intelligent. intell i gent. In tell ig ent. pffffffffft. Cant be bothered anynore sunshine.