Jose Galvan......MIA

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MetroFever, Oct 19, 2003.

1. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Does anyone remember the last time Jose Galvan played? I'm sure he'll be popping up on someone's milk carton any day now.

With Galvan and Guevara in the lineup at the same time, I think you would see a bit more attacking play than the organized boredom we've been seeing the past few weeks.

What harm would it be to start this guy next week? Granted he's not the greatest at coming back on defense, but didn't Bradley know this when he brought him over? Why was he brought here?

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Thank you!

And he shouldn't have to come back on defense. That's not his job. That's what Pope and Jolley are getting paid to do. Maybe that's why nobody on this club scores goals anymore. Bradley refuses to let guys run riot on the attacking side of the field. It seems only Magee and Wolyniec are allow to spread their wings and go for the net with abandon. We need more of that.

The way they're playing, offensively, is disgusting and a bore.

3. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    if he didn't get playing time Saturday, i think he did something to Bradley that no one knew about :p

4. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    Maybe hes not playing because he sucks.

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This seems like the most likely scenario to me.

6. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Jesus man, do you think Bradley wouldn't play him if he truly wasn't garbage??? The guy played, he is just too slow out there. Why don't you want the best for the Metros, instead of these two Argentines??? I'm Greek, and I would love if we had a Greek guy on the team. But if he is garbage, send him to the A-League, I don't want him playing out there.

7. Go2NY

Go2NY New Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Croton-on-Hudson NY
    Just a guess from the sidelines

Just a guess, but Galvin and Forchetti must have been 5 or 6 on their local teams depth chart, otherwise they wouldn't have come here.

So, it seems to me, guys that far down on the depht chart, can't make it in MLS.

Forchetti loses concentration, and is out of position often.

Galvan runs around and can't excute accurate throughballs.

As far as I'm concerend I admire Bob Bradley for giving it a shot, but I say goodbye Galvan and Forchetti, I'll take some American rookies in their place any day

8. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Yeah, on a club knee-deep in expert practitioners of the throughball. And when you play once a month for ten minutes, it sure keeps your touch sharp.

9. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I'm sure Bradley will find some young talented Americans to take Galvan's and Forchetti's spots on the team for next year.

Does anyone know how we sit in the draft for next year?? I think we traded some pics away.