Jose Gallegos at SønderjyskE Fodbold (Denmark)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Mar 14, 2021.

1. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Born: May 6, 2001 (age 19 years),
    Vacaville, CA
    Height: 5′ 9″
    Current team:
    San Antonio FC (#17 / Forward)

2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was one of the most consistent U20s I watched in the USL last season... but it certainly helped that he was on a good team. A lot of the other young guys w/ serious potential were on MLS Development Teams and aside from North Texas... those kinds of teams generally don't do all that well because they are so young across the board. I am pretty sure that SAFC is in the US Cup... so kind of a bummer that he might not be playing in that. But two weeks in Bayern sounds good to me.

4. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yes glad to see this. Seems like quite a project for a team that’s betting on his potential that could pay off big time.
    From what I saw watching SA on ESPN+ he had some amazing flashes but didn’t always do the simple thing right.
    He’s picked the right league to start advertising himself.

Gacm32 repped this.
  5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    at this point bayern have to have a scout living full time in texas

SCSAutism and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I saw Gallegos a handful of times. You could clearly see the skill Gallegos possessed every time he was on the pitch. He oozed confidence but sometimes that little extra dribble or trying to thread the ball in the tiniest of windows wasn't the best idea. Gallegos is fun to watch but simplifying his game will take him to the next level, wherever that may be. These two weeks at Bayern can switch that light bulb on by testing him at the highest level. Gallegos needs to see where he stands. The kid can play and will find himself in Europe sooner than later. SAFC has done really well promoting some kids to the first team like Ethan Bryant and Leo Torres. Their academy is one of the best outside of MLS and is part of the MLS Next Competition.

WheezingUSASupport and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    I don't suppose there are any updates out there? None of the reporting actually mentioned when the trial was going to happen. Scanning through San Antonio FC's twitter (which is a pretty good feed btw, I'm now an SAFC fan and they've got nice kits), Gallegos has not featured in any of their recent preseason matches. So I would guess he is in Germany now? SAFC is notably silent.

Gacm32, Pl@ymaker and dougtee repped this.
  8. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's back with SAFC. Looks like him wearing the #17 shirt, in the video.

9. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    Nice catch. I was considering posting the same thing. Then I started to worry about what it would say about me that I'm spending my free time scanning the training videos from second division sides to infer the status of US youth trialists.

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It would say exactly what you were afraid it would say about you. However, so did this post. ;)

11. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "San Antonio FC midfielder Jose Gallegos has returned to the team following assessment periods in Europe with Bayern Munich and FC Barcelona, a source said Wednesday.

Gallegos, a 19-year-old product of Central Catholic and the SAFC Pro Academy Elite Training Program, traveled to Germany in mid-March to train with Munich before shifting to Spain for a stint with Barcelona.

Any potential transfer will not be possible until the transfer windows for European leagues open this summer."

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/...FC-s-Jose-Gallegos-returns-after-16118645.php

UniversalAdvice and run_it_out repped this.
  12. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    I think he might have used his left foot once in that entire video. Imagine how good he could be if he used both feet. I would think he really needs to figure that out more than anything.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. robstonewall

robstonewall Member

United States
    Mar 11, 2021

UniversalAdvice, Winoman, ielag and 2 others repped this.
  14. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a start

15. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a few weeks ago that Gallegos was going to be included in the U20 camp that started this week. That would have been his first official USYNT call-up. Then I was quite surprised his name was not on the roster when it came out on Monday. It was makes sense now. He was preparing for a move to Denmark.

The is a nice move and a comfortable step, I think, for Gallegos. He is loaded with potential and despite his successes and USL Champ accolades (USL Best XI 2nd team 2x and runner up for best young player 2x) he is raw. Jose is finding his game and if he's in the right situation, his game is going to take off. SønderjyskE has a climb to get out of the bottom two in the Superliga so right off the bat Jose is going into a pressure cooker. I really hope he hits the ground running. I am rooting for Jose. A transfer fee of almost $600K - I assume - isn't chump change for a club like SønderjyskE. Again, I assume Jose will be given a fair shot right away at that price.

Winoman and run_it_out repped this.
  16. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    I'm rooting hard for this guy. It sounds like a tough situation to impress though.

17. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Gallegos is an ‘01, too old for this U20 cycle.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you're right....... I just looked. Interesting. That's why you can't trust what you read on Twitter! :)

19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
  21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Gallegos is on the bench for a real league match against AGF Aarhus.

22. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enters:

UniversalAdvice, Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  24. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played well. He won a couple of tackles and had a shot saved by the goalkeeper. Not bad for a debut. Unfortunately, Sonderjske gave up a late goal and lost all 3 points.

Casper repped this.
  25. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States