Jose Euro-Champion-No-Mourinho's own United thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by MyHouse!, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Jose "Former European Champion" Mourinho's own United thread

Kenyon's rant last week about G14, people trying to keep them down, etc. and all that.... clearly they are whinging. :rolleyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1707410,00.html

[​IMG]

2. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver

comme on! clearly he is heartbroken or he wouldnt have made such a CHILDISH statement.

3. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

They are whingeing, I don't dispute that.

But they aren't exactly alone, basically every manger in the league is a whinger.

I'm not a fan of Chelsea or the way they do business, but some of the bitterness towards them strikes me as depressing, and it is simply self-perpetuating.

4. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

But whereas most managers whinge about their chairmen/lack of money/refs, they tend not to make slightly personal attacks on players. Wenger didn't have a go at Baptista for example. Mourinho can't understand that Gerrard's loyalty to his club and home city outweighs whatever Kenyon and Mourinho offered. And in the case of Kenyon, most teams chief execs etc. don't tend to say anything at all...

5. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

But most teams Managers and Chief execs have some class.... ;)

6. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005

Sure, Chelski is presently at the big kid's table, but they're just renting a seat.

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

That's because Mourinho doesn't have a chairman to whinge about, has plenty of money and we are in preseason.

The simple fact is that the media generates news if there isn't any, and this is clearly a piece of cute journalism combined with Mourinho's willingness to talk on any subject.

The fact that he is right appears to be immaterial.

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's bad form. Can't you see that?

If you can, then you understand why we are discussing it.

If you can't, then why are you here?

9. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

He isn't necessarily right until 10 years from now....Chavscum have won 1 EPL title and a Carling Cup.... There's no guaranty that they will ever win anything again.... Jose makes himself look like an ass here because his ego won't let him understand that Gerrard doesn't want to play for him......So he mouths off when he should just say nothing......

10. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

We're discussing it because I think that so many United fans have become myopic (and that goes for the Arse, and Spurs fans when they came in for Arnesen).

People are becoming obsessed with Chelsea. Every outburst is anticipated with baited breath, and then rubbished in all quarters.

It's becoming sad, and Mourinho enjoys winding United up. United are just proving Kenyon right when he said that your reactions were “born out of hypocrisy and fundamentally out of insecurity.”

11. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

Then he should shut the f*** up

Whether or not Chelsea will win more than Liverpool in the next 10 years is not worth debating, but no-one has any idea whether Gerrard will regret it or not including Mourinho.

Does Shearer regret not going to Manu ? maybe, maybe not, but no-one knows for sure, and that's an extreme example of losing out on medals for loyalty to a club...

12. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005

What you call winding up I call Mourinho acting like some petulant little child just spouting out a bunch of sh!t and saying "look at me, give me attention"

13. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't like Liverpool, but Stevie will not be sorry he didn't come because he is smart and does not want to ruin his career sitting on the bench half the time.

He's always been a Scouser, and maybe he has a little more heart and balls than all the other fools at the Mafia and decided not to go in it for the money. Hell, [sarcasm] I'm sure Gary Neville could leave us and make more money at the Mafia but he too is willing to be a man and stay with the club he loves [/sarcasm] [sorta].

In the end, Mourice is a good manager but is one sorry SOB and need to shut the **** up and sit down. The EPL is for playing football not running a circus and thinking you own the place.

14. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

But the point isn't whether he's right or wrong, it's just that decent managers/chief execs don't voice their thoughts like that. Dein may think that Gill is a complete knob, or that Kenyon was a twat when he was at Manu, but I can't remember him coming out and saying it.

15. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Since when are the reactions of the posters on this board representative of the reactions of Fergie et al at United? We are getting wound up but we have no reason to believe that Jose's words have any effect on the team. I think some antagonists on this board are confused.

16. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

1.HE'S A FOOTBALL MANAGER. People ask him questions and want his views. At least Mourinho gives a straight answer unlike Arsene "I didn't see it" Wenger.

2. These are Mourinho's words

"It will be a loss for him, for his career. He can say 'I was European champion at Liverpool' and that is correct," Mourinho told The Times.

"But I can say to him in the next 10 years we will compare trophies at Chelsea and Liverpool. And he'll lose."

Where does it say that Gerrard will regret it, or that he made a mistake? That is the interpretation put on by others.

All that Mourinho said is that Gerrard's career will suffer, and that chelsea will win more trophies. Does anyone seriously believe that to be untrue?

17. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

You keep missing the point......

This statement can't be true until 10 years from now so Jose should just shut up until then..... He can't say they will win more until/if it happens.....

18. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So far in head-to-head competition, counting meaningfull trophies, Stevie G. and Jose are tied with one apiece, with Stevie G. getting the arguably bigger prize. I'm not ready to concede a decade of dominance to Chelsea. What exactly has Benitez done to make anyone think that his influence is less than Jose's?

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, I see. We just sit around waiting to go hysterical about anything that comes out of that twots mouth, eh? Cause we're jealous, etc.?

:rolleyes:

Maybe that's how other clubs might feel, but not this one. Chelski's biggest problem is that they'll never have what we've got - History, Respect, and Class.

Hell, they're still chasing at least 20 clubs in England who've achieved more than them....

20. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

It is his opinion clearly. What I'm saying obviously is that I agree with it. Do you believe Liverpool will win more trophies than Chelsea in the next 10 years?

21. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

They did in the previous 10 years and the 10 years before that and the 10 years before that.... So if I'm to go by history my answer would be yes.....

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My concern is that United win more than both of them, combined.

23. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

No,

Jose has won,

2 Portuguese League titles
    1 Portuguese Cup
    1 UEFA Cup
    1 Champions League
    1 Carling Cup
    1 Premership title

Gerrard has won
    1 Carling Cup
    1 FA Cup
    1 UEFA Cup
    1 Champions Leage

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

Never is a very, very long time.

25. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

The man has his own thread on your board, with 145 posts on it. He says a thing and it is reported by you lot. That is a clue as to his significance here.