José's first signing. Welcome to United Eric Bailly!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bailly needs to cut on the mistakes to cement his place - Brown

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/man-utd-bailly-lindelof-news-15830152

The rashness (along with his ability to stay fit) is the biggest concern in terms of Bailly's game. If he can get a handle on that and return to the form he displayed in his first season with the club, there is almost an argument against buying a CB this summer from my point of view.

2. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He will learn but PSG second goal is on him, mbappe is fast i get it but Bailly was couple of yards ahead and not sure why he slowed down a bit. Its a learning curve but he needs to make amends fast.

3. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Nops i would want an elite CB and on some occasions we may need to switch to 3-5-2 aswell.

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bailly in his first season with us was trending at an elite level, as he was one of the best CBs in the league (and therefore Europe). For whatever reason, he has been unable to sustain that level of excellence, and he's appeared to be injury prone.
    The rashness in his game and the fact he tends to get injured easily and often have made him untrustworthy and unreliable enough that we do need to go into the market for a new starting CB.
    I never argued for the contrary. I simply said that if he was able to maintain and build upon the level of his first season, it would make for a strong argument against getting a CB this summer.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  5. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    None has benefited from Jose era it's quite evident now but my point is we need a leader someone like VVD experience enough to bring the best out of Bailly snd Lindelof.

6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not arguing otherwise and while I'm a fan of Bailly's, I do recognize that he simply hasn't been the same player he was in his first season with us. As such I have been a clear proponent of bringing in someone like Koulibaly or Alderweireld for over a year solid now to help transform not just our backline but the team as a whole.
    Hopefully with time, Bailly as he matures as a player can become once again the top of the line CB he was on course of becoming when he first came to the club.

Anonymous_United repped this.
  7. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Strange ... Maybe trying to force a move?

1135531651037929473 is not a valid tweet id

8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nah, hes just having a laugh and trolling them. Its the media trying to make something of nothing.

Naboomagnoli and benni... repped this.
  9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/eric-bailly/story/3863780/sources-bailly-to-be-given-man-united-chance

Feeling ambivalent about that report. On one hand, Bailly possibly staying and being given another shot is good to hear (since we know he can be quality). But on the other hand, reports that a top CB may no longer be a priority for us would be very disconcerting news.
    Even putting aside the likes of Jones or Rojo (who should be gone) and Smalling, who should be a backup at this point, while there is potential in both Bailly and Tuanzebe to be Lindelöf's prime partner, there are still lots of questions as well at this juncture (Bailly with his reliability and Tuanzebe as to his full readiness and inexperience).
    What we need to surely improve our backline is either someone proven, with experience or if it's a younger guy, he has to be top of the line and a can't miss prospect.

10. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    nah he's been clowning around with Pogba since day 1. there are videos of this and him making fun of Zlatan while he was injured. even slapped him in thr back of the head or something like that then ran away.

unless they are no longer friends i don't see why he'd do that out of malice towards either

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    so how do we interpret this now?

personally i don't think he did it out of malice but then again this is exactly what you hear when rappers claim after shitting on another rapper on twitter and being called out on it

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ole saying his knee injury doesn't look good.

Likely he tore something and will miss some serious time.

14. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn shame.

jnielsen repped this.
  15. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Now we will definitely overpay for Slabhead! When we should go hard after the RBL guys and promote Tuanzebe.

16. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    We should not buy any CB's if we do not sell 2 of Jones Smalling Rojo.

Deadtigers and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  17. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even though those guys are dead weight, we still need better CBs. Signing new CBs and getting rid of those fools are mutually exclusive. Though it would be nice to fleece out Jones and Rojo, get in a new CB, and promote Tuanzebe.

Maguire/Lindelof/Bailly/Smalling/Tuanz >>>> Lindelof/Bailly/Smalling/Jones/Rojo

18. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    4-5 months out apparently.

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hargreaves 2.0

20. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like the guy, but sadly kinda true ...

Deadtigers repped this.
  21. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Will hardly be missed, tbh.

jnielsen repped this.
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is talk out there that the club is about to trigger the option on Bailly's contract. If this information is confirmed, that will make me very happy, as I thought we were starting to look at the end of Bailly's time at the club (with his contract running down by next summer).
    He's not as reliable as he should be and maybe he's destined to be no more than a backup for us. But at the same token, I just love Beastmode and hope that he can overcome his injury enough and be the player we've hoped him to be in his first season with us and ultimately sign a new deal with United.
    Not to mention that a fit Bailly would make it far easier to move guys like Jones and Rojo: definitely have Bailly ahead of both in the pecking order.

23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very happy personally that the club has decided to trigger their option on Bailly (still find it interesting that it was 2yrs when it's usually just one). Of course, this is all provided he can stay healthy, which admittedly has been an issue for him.
    Fit, he's a good, serviceable CB at minimum and potentially can be a lot more than that.
    At best, he will be another option for the manager at CB. A quartet of Maguire, Lindelöf, Bailly and Tuanzebe is not too shabby at all: between the number of games on offer and players getting injured, there are more than enough potential for playing time to go around.