Pre-match: Jornada 2 - DCU v Deforestation manifestation

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Petworth Posse, Feb 29, 2024.

1. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a rewatch:

Pirani has extra touch disorder. That's the difference between him and am impact player regardless this scoring. Must fix.

Peltola might be our best pickup. Plays quick and safe.

Herrera a close second, what a distributor.

As I've said before, Stroud isn't bad, just inconsistent. When he is playing well, he's a starter, but he is going to have some amateur moments. Still a good pickup.

CBs surprisingly solid in most aspects of the position.

Dajome can't be used like Benteke. He is a line stretcher, period. Fine with him on the roster, but we would benefit from having a better target man.

The kids we are playing are pretty effective. Still waiting to see Akinmboni.

Klich still direct. And clutch.

Our style is fun, and we use subs appropriately. We have assembled a cast capable of controlling the game.

anotherfan, revelation, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I just can’t take Lloyd Sam so I listened to the Spanish language crew. Fun fact: they only mentioned Pirani’s name three times, including the time he was subbed off.

3. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    The English language yokels didn't mention him either after the initial comments.

Of course, there was plenty of name confusion in identifying players (like maybe trying to learn and identify players from two new teams each week isn't easy). This is the norm for the English language crews though.

So some of the stuff that Pirani did was attributed to Ku-Dipietro and reverse.

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  4. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually texted a friend during the game a couple minutes after Klich scored saying I felt DC was going to bag another goal. I'm glad my optimism from watching them control so much of the play was rewarded.

roadkit, Winoman and revelation repped this.