Jornada 19: CDCU @ Galaxy [R]

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by fdp, Jul 11, 2005.

1. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i knew i shoulda gone to the game

2. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    $20 says it doesn't get fixed

3. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20$ i coulda got general admission

4. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Is it working yet? I'd rather watch it than listen to the Galaxy's radio.

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Need feed....now.

6. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    yes, I had better things in mind than watching a punch-drunk guy blather on all night. any news on how we're doing?

This is the 2nd chivas vs. la match we've been screwed over on if i'm not mistaken.

7. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Listening to the radio broadcast on mlsnet, Chivas is more than holding their own. I'm listening to the LA announcers, and even they are saying that Chivas has outplayed LA in the first 20-30 minutes.

A few shots for each side, in the 34th minute 0-0.

8. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Chivas just came close to scoring off a CK, Romo had the ball off the cross and just shot wide.

9. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    TV feed is working, video feed from mlsnet working, just in time for halftime.

0-0 at the half.

10. Paulnoku

Paulnoku Red Card

Jun 14, 2005
    announcers (spanish) said Martins was the best 1st half in MD/F. Is he a MD/F or FW ?

11. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    MatchTracker has 4 shots on goal for Chivas, 1 for Galaxy. Wow.

12. ataranto2000

ataranto2000 Red Card

Sep 22, 2003
    Yeh ! 2 by Thiago now in MF and 2 by Romo.

13. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    Chivas got one in the net and this household erupted!

Got called back though.

C'mon, Chivas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    CRAP!!!

Scum just scored...............

15. Paulnoku

Paulnoku Red Card

Jun 14, 2005
    out RR we played very well.

16. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Nice game by Chivas, could easily have ended in a 0-0 tie. That was an amazing shot be Gomez for the first goal. The second goal just came when Chivas was tired from pushing up to try to get the equalizer.

Several opportunities inside the box for Chivas, but the guys couldn't get the shot off. But they came close to putting one or two in the net.

17. jagwar

jagwar New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Guadalajara, Jal
    Haven't seen a Chivas USA since a couple of months :( but what I saw today was a notorious improvement.

When the match was still 0-0, Romo passed someone (don't know who he was) the ball, and he was inside of the box alone! and he tried to -i-don't-know-what-the-hell-he-tried-to-do- but the ball went right to the defender.
    And the next minute it was 1-0.

Hopefully Javan and Pirata will help a lot... and I really really really really hope Palencia can turn the team around, because I'm afraid we're gonna miss him sooooooo much in here! so you better take advantage of him!
    (that way, when we realise Palencia is no longer in here, I could at least say "well... but thanks to him Chivas USA is performing great right now!")

18. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was at the game adn Chivas controlled the game for 60 mins everything was in the offensive half a few shots and few very close calls. Should of been 1-0 at half Chivas the one that was called back looked questionable to me. They scored in the 61st minute adn we changed immediately to attacking soccer with just two defenders, a couple more close calls but we couldn't get the attack flowing at all.

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Kinda ironic that the Mexican-American team lost by two goals scored by a... Mexican-American.

And two weeks ago, the game-winner was scored by another Latino whom Chivas could have drafted, but didn't, Gonzalo Segares.

Perhaps the talent identification process in the US needs to be a tad better for this team.

20. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This sucks big time, because it felt so close, Chivas dominated the game and outshot the Gals, Chivas should have won this one ! well there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel, Palencia and "loquito" should give this team a lot of offensive weight, cant wait.

Funny, I saw some scuffles at the end of the game, outside the northwest gate, first time ever. hope is the last time,this is only a game.

21. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, Segares scores one goal and because Chivas USA didn't pick him they look stupid.

Either cross-post in the RSL forum or any other forums that this applies to or get out.

Besides, I'll take El Guzano any day of the week.

22. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Gomez was of Colombian descent.

I heard about a lot of scuffles at the first clasico.

EDIT: I just found this newslink at the Galaxy forum. Galaxy fan assaulted following game. Use bugmenot.com for login/password. Yeah, we we could go without that kind of "passion".

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To those of you watching on TV, here's my thoughts. Chivas USA clearly outplayed LAG in the first half. Possession was heavily in your favor and Chivas pinned LAG in its half most of the time.

Second half you saw - and the subs made a difference.

Just want to say, I thought Chivas looked so much better in this game than the first time they played LAG. Tonight they were a respectable and solid opponent with a good attacking scheme. Isn't it amazing what a good coach can do for a side?

Wish we had one.

24. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just read the tread on the Galaxy forum about the attacked fan, I saw some guys pushing each other, but other than that there were plenty of people wearing Chivas and Galaxy jerseys walking together without incidents, and making it to their cars without broken bones, also I dont remember any mention of the "riots" described on the Galaxy forum in the LA times or La opinion, the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

I know this is heresy, but maybe they should limit the beer sales at the Galaxy-Chivas games, there is always some idiot, and I for one, dont go to the games without my children.