Jornada 17: CDCU vs Chicago [R]

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by SoulflyTribeFC, Jun 29, 2005.

1. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Chicago Fire beat the hell out of CDCU a couple of weeks ago 5-2.

Any chance of returning the favor?

I would not think so unless JPG plays. I don't know if he'll play or not but he'll be here on Friday supposedly. At least that's what the story in the other thread says.

No Suarez and Loera obviously. No Sequiera so the defense is a little thin. Chicago has been playing good lately but they play on Wednesday so maybe they come in tired and CDCU takes advantage.

Hmmm... let me put on my most optimistic face...

I predict a 3-2 loss :(

Sorry fellas. Can't beat Colorado at home, won't beat Chicago.

2. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    5-2
    2-0
    3-4
    1-1
    3-1
    4-3

Those are the scores for Fire games in June, the Fire's totals first.

Get ready for a slaughter :(

I'm changing my pick from 3-2 to 5-2, same score as the first meeting way back on June 4. Remember the good old days? Chivas had a lead at halftime, Ryan and Hans got along, Chivas was coming off a tie... then it all came crashing down.

We don't stand a fvckin chance :mad:

Why do I bother with this team?

"cause of me, a-hole"

[​IMG]

Oh yeah.

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    I'm feelin a 4-1 here.

4. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    [sarcastic]4-1 in favor of who?[/sarcastic]

5. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    LOL

6. Nostradamus8555

Nostradamus8555 New Member

May 19, 2005
    Boston
    We don't stand a fvckin chance

Why do I bother with this team?

"cause of me, a-hole"

Oh yeah.

SoulFly you crack me up......LOL

7. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I am hoping ,OK, I said "HOPING" :eek: that Chivas will win in a 2-1 victory. I also cant wait until JGP arrives and finally makes Chivas a team that has to be taken serious.

8. golpazo

golpazo New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    bell
    Have you seen what kind of people they are getting they are all old. How will that help chivas usa. They need young people who are good and not old people that can't make it in the first division in mexico. Thats why they bring them here because they can't do it over there.

9. that'sthecrewforyou

that'sthecrewforyou New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Indy
    juan pablo garcia is either 24 or 25 and was a great player for atlas that Club america wanted. Isn't he supposed to sign today. I haven't heard anything official

10. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Golpazo...you really need to research some of your stuff sometimes...

JPG was the Captain of Atlas and their leading goal scorer. He is currently on the roster for Mexico's Gold Cup squad. He's no old fart nor is he a wannabe...trust me... ;)

JPG and Palencia teamed up on top of ANY team is going to create many goals, opportunities and a newly found pride of Chivas USA. I'd bet the house on that one ;)

11. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The preview for the CHI v. CHV game on mlsnet.com says that Chivas have made some roster changes (plural). I know about JPG, but is there anyone else who has been signed on? or are they just referring to the Suarez debacle? I could look it up somewhere, but I figured I'd ask here and get some Chivas fan reactions to boot.

12. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    The only other thing right now is that Loera was re-signed to the team's roster...too many defenders released too quickly I guess...I dunno...it doesn't make any sense to anyone else other than the FO.

13. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    one of the spanish papers said that Zuniga and Aaron Lopez were gone. Suarez is definitely gone. Loera was cut but re-signed.

Possible lineup

Mendoza---Martins----Taylor

----------Cuadros-----------

-Martinez------------Gomez--

--------------Ramirez--------

---Begines---Loera----Ezra---

---------GUZAN!!!!-----------

Like I said, CHI 5:2 CHV

14. Karl Lagodzki

Karl Lagodzki Member

Jan 26, 2000
    Bloomington, IN
    I am a Fire fan, but I do not intend to troll. I am in LA for the weekend and will try to get to the game. Will this game sell out? If so, I'll pay the ticketbastard "convenience" charge. If you don't think it will, I'll get my ticket at the gate. Will the game sell out??? Thank you for your help in advance, guys.

15. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Judging by past attendance: no.

16. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Why doesnt Jesus Ochoa play? He impressed me a little when he was playing. Also Christian Jimenez should get some time to impress.

Also Chivas USA has to do everything it can in offseason to get Jose Burciaga and Diego Gutierrez.

And try get a Thiago (Chicago) style type. He's great, good dribbler and passer - perfect for AM. Scrap Ramirez -IMO he's crap.

Also Guillermo Gonzalez could do with a change of teams. He's never gonna get first team time with LA.

17. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    No fvcking way this game sells out.

18. Blubmer

Blubmer Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Haha, I got some free tickets for the game yesterday. Apparently one of my neighbors has gotten tired of being dissappointed. Hoping to see a great game but we'll see. According to today's La Opinion (LA spanish newspaper) JPG might possibly play tonite, let's just hope. Well good luck Chivas USA, we all know they need it. :)

19. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    One of your neighbors in Berkeley?

20. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Starting lineup?

21. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    18 - Brad Guzan (GK)
    2 - Orlando Perez
    5 - Ezra Hendrickson
    7 - Ramon Ramirez
    8 - Francisco Gomez
    10 - Hector Cuadros
    16 - Antonio Martinez
    19 - Matt Taylor
    20 - Esteban Arias
    23 - Armando Begines
    99 - Thiago Martins

22. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Chivas looked to have a really great half. Antonio Martinez, Matt Taylor and Thiba have looked dangerous at times and the defense has looked solid for the most part. I'd say both sides are playing pretty much even at this point. We all know that Chivas usually falls apart in the second half big time, lets hope they can start a new trend. Maybe bring in Pancho when Chicago is a bit more worn down and hope his speed can get a goal. Good 0-0 game.

23. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Thanks.

24. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    1-0 Loss.

Segares with the goal for Chicago.