Jorge Carrascal

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, May 3, 2016.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Carrascal has always had the ability to absolutely be a great player, he's still very young and barely into his career but even though he seems to be best playing right behind a striker if he can mold his game to play that wide position and keep working on it he'd have a lot more chances at club and National team level. We are blessed with a lot of good up and coming young players, and playing under Gallardo even if he's not starting is imo a good thing, out of all of our young players he has one of the highest ceilings talent wise, if he can put it together the guy could be a star.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Sabíamos el talento que tenía, estaba un poco perdido y debía vivir un proceso al llegar a un grande como River, tener una adaptación. Hay procesos en las adaptaciones. Ha mostrado su talento en algunos de los partidos. Uno no puede darse cuenta del talento que tiene un jugador sólo cuando hace un gol. Nosotros lo vamos evaluando. Nosotros lo ayudamos a desarrollar ese talento para que esté a la altura de las exigencias de River".

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...to-de-Carrascal-por-un-gol-20200123-0008.html

Azucarero repped this.
  3. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The irony is Gallardo only started playing him in serious matches after Carrascal scored a gol as a sub against Argentinos. He ended up starting the all-important 2nd leg against Cruzeiro 3 days later, after playing only the garbage minutes before that.

That said, nobody here can deny the level to which River has improved him.

4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they have had a great attitude towards him, very doubtful as to whether he would have found a manager and team with anything similar in europe.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Caracol is reporting that he has a good chance to start in the Libertadores on Tuesday.

Let's see if it happens.

Azucarero repped this.
  6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Makes sense. River is playing for the title this weekend.

Carrascal better take his chance. Julian Alvarez has definitely jumped above him in the depth chart.

pepinointer repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Carrascal deserved way better than what he experienced in the Olympic qualifiers. I hope he does bounce back and keep ups the hard work.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Julian have been always there.........actually he was the one that assisted quintero in the goal in the Bernabeu.........

But im sure River would have had a better match last saturday with carrascal instead of scocco or pratto...

9. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

12. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Would be loaned out to either NYCFC in MLS or Girona which could possibly be going back up to la liga.

13. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't want any of our promising young guys going to MLS, but that goes double for Carrascal. He's still inconsistent and raw in a lot of ways. It's very possible he'll take a while to adapt or get lost in the shuffle.

Unless he dominates right away, which I doubt, he'll either get stuck there or get sold to Mexico when he finally does well.

Girona...again, consistency will be an issue for him, and at a club that constantly bounces up and down, that could be very rough.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The guy was on fire before the COVID pause... he tore it up in the pre-olympic tournament, and then returned to River to put on a stellar performance in the Copa Libertadores. The timing of this football halt is a shame because he finally seemed to be finding consistency and stature as a player. It appeared he was finally going to have that long awaited breakthrough into the first team, but alas external factors played against him.

Anyway, I don't know about these CFG rumors, but I had heard him linked in recent days to CSKA Moscow. Apparently he isn't too convinced about moving to Russia (who can blame him, after having just escaped Ukraine), but would be open to listening to the offer if it includes some extraordinary contract. IMO it'd be better for him to go to MLS (if that interest is indeed real), where I think he'd be a big star.

River, meanwhile, would like to hold on to him, but would listen to offers since he isn't currently a starter and the club currently holds transfer debts with several clubs (including with Karpaty over Jorge's transfer).

pepinointer repped this.
  15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    On fire? Not by my standards.

He tore up the first round of the pre-olympic tournament and was atrocious in the 2nd. Not entirely his fault, as we were playing awful, but Carrascal did not nothing but try to win the games by himself and ended up turning over the ball time and time again.

He did not appear in any of the 3 league matches for River once the Olympic tournament ended. He was subbed out of the match where Quito spanked River. Against Binacional he was good(even though he did not start), but let's be honest. That team simply isn't very good. 8-0...

I'm not as convinced he'll be a big star in MLS as you do. That's the issue. Unless you are a true star, or young as hell, which he isn't anymore, you get stuck in MLS.

locoxriver repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mls poor defending....wont contribute in his development as a player.

Dont know if he was in fire....but with performances this year i was start to believe that he really has potential and could be game changer .

His preolimpico was really good....despite reyes and colimbia

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I might be wrong but I don't think this guy will develop into anything serious.

18. HTOWNKING

HTOWNKING Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like he belongs in FIFA Street

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I though tne same....but in my opinion he have became better with time...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clean finish by Carrascal to make it 3-0 for River in the Libertadores....

He was doing great before the pandemic caused football to come to a halt, and now after the break he seems to be picking off where he left off in the limited minutes he is being given (he is still a sub, of course)

Bien pibe... segui asi

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carrascal came in vs. Rosario Central and did his thing again... nice, intelligent pass to Suarez in the second goal and overall active participation in the match

I'm telling you, Gallardo has been taking the kid slowly and it's paying off... rather than throwing him directly at the wolves he has been preparing him for battle, and the results are paying off every time he is brought onto the pitch

HomietheClown, lvbeto, ryu79 and 2 others repped this.
  22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's tasty!

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    With all the players doing international duty, Carrascal looks likely to start tonight. Good chance for him.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sad thay his starter danced yesterday with us: nico de la cruz, brother of carlos sanchez

Azucarero repped this.
  25. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Don't think it would've been that bad if we put ANYONE at RB instead of Cuadrado. That play where Cuadrado literally fell over trying to back track toward him was embarrassing.

Oddly, Carrascal's first big start for River came when De La Cruz was out for a Libertadores match against Gremio. And Carrascal wrecked Orejuela that game.

My conclusion: Munoz should've started.

crzdcolombian and pepinointer repped this.