Jorge Carrascal

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, May 3, 2016.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

BTW, Jorge's starting tonight vs. Santa Fe in the Libertadores (River is using an alternative team), for those interested in watching....

Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good news is he is starting.
    But why does it have to be against a Colombian team? lol.
    That is what sucks for me.

3. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really hope this guy reaches his potential. I feel like he's fallen off I was the River vs Santa Fe game and I haven't heard commentators speak so badly about a player in awhile. One of them said if he had a team Carrascal wouldn't even be on the bench. Pissed me off switched to English instead lol.

Azucarero repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The fans have lost patience with the guy a loooooong time ago. It is isn’t just that he underperforms like crazy, but he seems to lack blood/passion. His contributions to the team are practically nonexistent and the worst part is that he often looks so disinterested on the pitch.

Some people support him and compare his case to that of Pity Martinez and Nico de La Cruz (creative players who took a long time to find their form before becoming key parts of Gallardo’s team), but at least they showed heart even when they were criticized.

Really at this point most of us are hoping an offer comes by in June so we can just move on and concentrate on other players. He’s gotten loads of chances and just doesn’t show anything.

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What a shame.

6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Haven't watched the last few River matches because this guy is just pissing me off recently.

Watching the last match of the group stage against Fluminense and the commentators are rightly ripping him apart. Gives away a stupid ball trying to either tunnel a guy or force it out of bounds, 3 seconds later Fluminense score. Right as it was happening, they called out how he he's just walking the pitch, no effort to win back anything.

Before that, Fluminense's first gol comes because he holds onto the ball too damn long doing silly step overs until he gets the ballstolen from him. Fluminense score that counter.

He's turned over the ball countless times besides that.

...sandwhiched in between all that awfulness, he had a great play where he took out a defender with a cutback and slammed the ball into the post. BUT, that play only happened because it was the only time in the whole match where the moron decided to sprint into space to get a pass.

He's become a TOTAL passenger. AWFUL.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Subbed at half time. Kid is becoming a joke.

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not great...

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol you guys should see how hated this guy is... he’s lucky to get so many opportunities but always ends up being the worst player on the pitch

J-Mezzy and Azucarero repped this.
  10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    to be fair, most of the RP team today was poor. All the hustling in the world doesn't make u a better player. But, he just didnt look interested and I'm hoping Gallardo gets to his head.

HomietheClown repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not necessarily referring to today's game though... his performance today was consistent with what he has been showing for 6 months straight now.

Besides, a lot of the other players had excuses: half of them were literally just recovering from COVID and hadn't even trained in 10 days, and then a few were playing their second professional game ever (Lecanda, Pena, Simon) -- some even out of position given the circumstances.

Carrascal just has no excuse and people have been fed up with him waaaay before today's game

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sucks he did not score the golazo cause that would have at least alleviated some of the criticism but it bounced off the post.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carrascal receiving the support of his teammates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    idk I think he'll up like Quintero, I think he can at least last 90 minutes though so theres that

15. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think Carrascal has the clutch gene that JFQ has. Quintero, even when you think he has no business getting called up, crushes at intl competitions and finals... Carrascal crapped his pants and contributed to River getting eliminated in the last Libertadores i thought.

locoxriver, Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    No he can't. And it's one of the things I hate most about him.

Juanfer will be gassed as hell at minute 60...but he'll do the best he can for those 60. Carrascal walks the field, rarely getting involved to conserve energy. That's why he only does well as a sub recently. And the moron doesn't realize that's why he's always getting subbed at half time when he starts.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nevermind then lol, he's just useless

Azucarero repped this.
  18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Frustrating how poorly this guy is playing. Subbed in for River's Libertadores match last night. Had to be 10 to maybe 15 minutes before he touched the ball. And, as always, there was no urgency from him whatsoever to change that.

This was the exact attitude that Juan Pablo Pino exuded throughout his earlier playing career. We all know how that ended up.

locoxriver repped this.
  19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh man. Pino was also much more electric once he touched the ball...

What a waste...

locoxriver and Azucarero repped this.
  20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You know times like these really make me question what's going on with the South American Youth Tournaments; like since the U20 and U17 were canceled the south american tournaments were suppose to be played in place of the second half of 2021.

Why has there been no announcements/updates?

21. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The site was moved from Colombia to Venezuela, but I haven't heard anything since. I don't think it's going to happen. If it was going to be in the summer, we'd know by now.

Only other option is in January 2022, like when they normlly do it.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The rest of river isnt playing much better than him.....easy to scapegoat him always,,,

kromekote and HomietheClown repped this.
  23. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    This is not a River Plate thread. It's a Carrascal thread.

Carrascal played like crap. And he has been for a while. River's performance has nothing to do with the fact that he, as an attacking mindfielder/winger, never bids for the ball nor tries to make himself open for it.

Shooting poorly, passing imprecisely, dribbling sloppily--these are questions of form, things can easily be worked on. Carrascal's problems are much bigger than that.

locoxriver repped this.
  24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Carrascal is a river player, river havent had a great semester, all the team have been irregular......not all problems of a player performance are invidual... ............yesterday he only had chance to play 30 minutes....so because this is carrascal thread i wont ignore the background of where he plays

In the other hand we know that you don tlike the player.........and sometimes when media and other thought that he dint play bad you say he sucked..........

yeah he have to improve a lot of, especially in acuaracy and it seems he doesnt handle the pressure...this were his plays yesterday, he produced in those minutes promsiing attacks to girotti, paradella and girotti....yeah he also made mistakes..........but that he offered attack is true..........

These are the plays i say from yesterday:

HomietheClown repped this.
  25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks in better shape than Cardona with some nice passes in that video.:p:D