Jordan Angeli - Rookie of the Year?

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 2, 2010.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who would have thought, a few short months ago, in a draft class with Tobin Heath, Lauren Cheney, Kelly O'Hara etc that our THIRD draft pick would be in the running (if not the favorite) for Rookie of the Year??

[​IMG]

Jordan Angeli’s Stock Rises For Breakers

“I think we go into every game with the same attitude, just performing the best we can,” Angeli said, noting the significance of Boston’s stretch of seemingly must-win games in order to stay in the playoff picture. “They’re definitely important, and we’re excited to keep the ball rolling.”

AMEN!

I don't remember seeing this one back in March...

Getting Silly With Boston Breakers' Jordan Angeli's Daddy/

2. AMBreakers

AMBreakers Member

Boston Breakers, Boston Univ. Women's Soccer, Norwich City, Charleston Battery
    Jun 21, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We Are All ANGELIC Witnesses

[​IMG]

3. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordie is my top pick for rookie of the year as well. Don't think any of the big names have had that kind of impact on a team. I bet Big Daddy Art is a proud poppa too. Funny article. Thanks for passing it along.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a slow start, Angeli has gone on a very good run. Definitely belongs in the rookie of the year discussions. It's been pretty amazing, really. Two defenders, Taylor & Engen are (imo) the other two that need to be considered.

5. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    I have been singing Angeli's praises for awhile. Definitely think she should be at the top of the list.

6. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Rookie-of-the-Year? We'll see.

Meanwhile, Jordan was just named WPS Player-of-the-Month for July. She is the first rookie ever to win the honor in WPS, defined as being a player one year out of college, rather than simply a newcomer to the league.

Angeli is currently 7th in WPS in goals, despite playing just 768 of a possible 1,440 minutes this season.

Andy

7. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Yeah Jordan!

8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    what position does she play?

9. QuakePride18

QuakePride18 Member

Nov 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We loved Jordan at Santa Clara. She played forward, defense and midfield at SCU as needed. They discussd her on FSC and said she was brought in as a defender but is currently playing midfield where she is shining. Smart and works hard.