Jon Otsemobor shot

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Gabbage, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Gabbage

Gabbage New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Found this on planetfootball:

"Liverpool youngster Jon Otsemobor is set for a couple of weeks on the sidelines after being shot.
    The 20-year-old was hit in the buttocks while drinking with friends in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The Liverpool-born defender was with two other friends in Slater Street when the incident occurred.

A 24-year-old man was also shot in the leg, while the player's other friend was struck in his hand and thigh.

Otsemobor, who is yet to appear for The Reds this season, made ten appearances on loan for Hull City last term.

The latest news caps off a poor weekend for Gerard Houllier's (pictured) men, following their 2-1 defeat to Arsenal on Saturday."

2. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jon and his friends.

Besdies, he pretty much has to make it back, since the bit about being shot in the bum (while not funny in the least now), is sure to make for some hilarious songs during matches some day . . .

3. Gabbage

Gabbage New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Re: Re: Jon Otsemobor shot

On soccernet there is a picture of Otsemobor with this caption: "Otsemobor: Buttocks injured."

4. Gabbage

Gabbage New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I was shocked when I first heard the news, but I do see the potential for humor now. Amazingly the injury does not seem to be serious, as Otsemobor is expected to be out of action for only two weeks. The bullet must have grazed him.

5. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    That's gotta make for an interesting trip to the doctor's office...

Walk on, John!

6. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    ...albeit with a slight limp...