Joke City

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by fatman, Nov 14, 2003.

1. fatman

fatman New Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Hoosier Country
    whats up with the big ten
    lil disappointed at the results of the all conference teams

1) How do you put three goalies on the first team?
    All three goalies got the same amount of votes but you have to have some sort of tie breaker. Plus Nolly the Goalie blew all the other keeper's stats out of the water. Both other keepers are good but you gotta look at the stats.
    2) Grabavoy NOT player of the year?
    Looking at the stats they are even in all games played. Then you look at schedule strength the teams Michigan play are decent teams but there schedule cant match the Hoosiers. Plus the Hoosiers out right won the big ten.

Somebody please tell me whats going on here!

my stomach is calling me
    im out

2. Dragon92

Dragon92 New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Dayton, Oh
    I guess the first team all league should just be the IU starting line-up.

3. fatman

fatman New Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Hoosier Country
    Neversaid anything about the whole team here buddy. I just stated that Nolly and Grabavoy deserved higher honors. I stated clearly why they should have gotten it. Anymore brainbusters buddy

4. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Fatman

Dragon was trying to ask you if you have an unbiased recommendation for league awards, not just complaints about IU players not meeting your recognition standards. By the way, Fat, having been to Indiana, 80-90% of the men and women I encountered were fat. Did you pick your handle because you are one of the fattest, or did you mean Phatman?

5. fatman

fatman New Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Hoosier Country
    answer to the dragon here:

1) not biased just like big ten soccer and thought they were both deserving of higher honors. I thought Grabavoy was the best player in the conference. In my opinion Knox was the second best followed by Drew Moor. Also as you can see Michigan is now out of the tournament while Grabavoy had the lone assist in their one nothing win. Knox did score in Michigans loss however the keeper made a save that hit the post and knox was there to clean up the garbage.

2) In regards to the fat question just a non soccer name that i came up so no one would know of any location or possible bias (e.i. mdterp slusoccerfan)

thank you for the response

my stomachs calling me
    im out

6. Damon

Damon Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Evansville, IN, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fatman - I agree w/ you that the Big 10 postseason awards were a little odd. I suppose the coaches want to make certain that the 1st team isn't loaded up with Yeagley's boys. Being an IU fan, I would have certainly liked to see greater recognition for Ned and Jay; particularly Nolly, who has seen a far stronger schedule than the other 2 picked with him (3 on the 1st team?). At any rate, knowing how great a system Yeagley has created in B-ton, the players who may have been under appreciated will look to achieve true postseason honors - proving all of the doubters wrong and making a strong run during the tournament. If there is any college program in the land that truly knows the meaning of team, it's Jerry Yeagley and the Hoosiers.
    Now, so as not to look like a completely blind and biased IU fan, I'll give my two cents on Cameron being named Player of the Year. Perhaps the coaches felt that Knox was more valuable individually to Michigan than Ned was to IU; I personally don't see how that could be someone's thought process, but that's just my opinion. Knox is a very talented player who probably has a bright MLS future, and he definitely enabled Michigan to have the success they did this season. From that perspective, he may have a shot at being a legit POY.
    The bottom line is that we're all talking about a team game; IU's team may be greater than its individual parts, which is just fine with me. A lot of teams who were tagged to be "loaded with talent" on these boards during the preseason has gone by the wayside.