Tyler Adams at AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 11, 2018.

1. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    I just don't want more than two U.S. players at the same club, and I certainly don't want them at a club as poorly run as Leeds. Go to Manchester United, easy. Go anywhere in England, Spain, Germany or Italy for a Champions League qualified club.

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Have any clubs (other than United) expressed interest in Tyler? I kinda wanna see him go to a less physical league ala Serie A or La Liga.

adi21 repped this.
  3. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I think you’re missing a key point. Having more money might not make a rich man happier than he already is, but it certainly might make his descendants happier than that otherwise might be.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Cristiano Ronaldo is involved in many charitable foundations and helps many people on his native islands. He's donated millions for projects outside Madeira too, and collaborated with UNICEF in health and education campaigns throughout Africa.

He himself grew up poor, son of an alcoholic father who died early, and football was his way out of a very negative situation.

If there is one person in the world I'm glad is getting millions, it's him. I know he's going to use a good chunk of it to help other people, in particular children living in a bad situation.

majspike, ChicagoVT and ebbro repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And women in Vegas.

Chesco United and majspike repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He's a dude, not a saint. A good dude.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Maybe, I don't know him. But most humans are pretty human, and in general, the bigger the ego the less good the dude. But perhaps he's an exception. I hope so.

wsmaugham, adi21 and tomásbernal repped this.
  8. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    Ronaldo’s descendants will be well taken care of for several generations as long as they’re not morons with their money.

9. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    And now even more generations will benefit.

10. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got to be able to one-up Messi in one category, right? Because he's number 2 in all the rest.

The Irish Rover, Chesco United and adi21 repped this.
  11. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it meaningful that Adams is going in with the team, in warm up gear? It seems like when I’ve seen him at other games since his injury, he’s been in street clothes.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    You got my hopes up there for a second, but nope he's not in the squad today.

13. mattjens

mattjens Member

United States
    Jun 2, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it got my hopes up too, but I guess the answer to my question is no, it’s not meaningful.

14. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
  15. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Tyler has done more than enough to show his worth for the Nats and at Leeds.

Not a 2nd division level player.

BA? Now that‘s a different story.

TheEmptyBucket repped this.
  16. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017

People can argue about what his role is and whether he is well-rounded enough to play for a top-4 club, but no one can seriously suggest that Tyler isn't on other PL teams' radar. He's an elite player.

ChicagoVT, Pegasus, tomásbernal and 8 others repped this.
  17. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Tyler must be on the radar for teams to get a cut rate deal in a PL midfielder.

Struijk, who got a lot of grief on here, and played 29 games in the season is 7th in the league in tackles. I only bring him up to say, it's not going to be because of just tackles that Adams is on the radar of other teams.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Wouldn't he ride the bench at least three of those clubs?

19. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017

Not healthy enough to make the Nations League training camp roster...

Not included in the Preliminary Gold Cup roster... hope his recovery didn't hit a setback, as that might affect his ability to secure a move away from LUFC.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    "At this stage in my career I am not sure taking on this challenge, which is potentially a long-term project, is something I could commit to, but I wish the club every success for the future and hope the club returns to the Premier League, where they belong."

Translation: I don't see them coming back up any time soon.

ChicagoVT and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  21. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Other *interpretation*: i only want to keep coaching for premier league money.

Mt Stone@, superdave and tomásbernal repped this.
  22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    When your actual job description is "sit on my ass till February or March when some poor sod club sliding off the cliff calls and pays me for 3 months work" why coach 40 games?