Join Us and Celebrate the Quakes

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by shoegirl, Jan 2, 2006.

1. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Oh, good. Read it as Saturday your time. Still won't be able to make it. :(

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Any word if any former Quakes will be there today?

Still undecided. It's my wife's birthday today, and she's not nearly into the Quakes as much as I was.

3. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

I saw one today working out at the health club who said he intended to stop in for a little while; he knew the time was 4 PM-8PM. I won't mention his name just in case he DOESN'T come, but I think he will!

4. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it's about to start out there. Wish I could be there. :(

5. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to say thank you to Michelle and the Club Quake board for putting together a wonderful evening.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

-Tony

6. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the WORST freakin luck in the world. I swear, I really do.

My son and I were heading to the Brit about an hour and a half ago and my car quit on 280!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got home after waiting to be rescued by AAA, figuring out where to take my car and then how to get back home.

I have no idea what's wrong with my car but it wouldn't start without a jump after sitting for two weeks while I was in MI for the holidays. It was running okay up until today.

I can't believe my son and I missed tonite. We've been planning on this for weeks. I wanna cry. Again. [​IMG]

Please someone be so kind and fill me in to what I missed.
    My heart is broken.
    [​IMG]

7. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    It was great, funereal, and the same as most CQ events, all wrapped up together.

Waibs, Kelly and Pat showed up, and each did really nice speeches. Waibs and Kelly both said they're playing here if they have anything to say about it, should we get another team. Pat, who'll probably be retired if/when we get another team, said this was his favorite place to play, and mentioned "that's coming from someone w/ a long soccer resume." All three said Quake fans are the best in MLS.

Best speech was Johnny's. Really positive and inspirational. He should run for City Council. In fact, Lori suggested moving to SJ if we need to vote for him. I know he's not a politician, but he tells the truth, and that's a waning quality in pols.

The Supporter's Shield was there, and CQ gave away a ton of stuff, most of which all the hardcores/season ticket holders probably already had, but they also had some jerseys and tons of media guides, even from other teams.

We got there at 5 and left at 7, so not sure what else happened in the time we missed.

PS--Brian from Cal Custom made up some really cool commemorative t-shirts, and you can get them at his store if you missed tonight.

8. shoegirl

shoegirl New Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Hey Everyone

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that came down to the Brit today, hope you had fun.

It was great to see so many of you and also that Pat, Craig and Kelly showed up. They had great things to say about San Jose, the fans and living here. We will certainly miss all of them.

As I said this afternoon, we will be keeping the Club Quake alive and will keep in contact by email. If you are not on the Club Quake emai llist and would like to be added please send your contact info to michelle.selincourt@clubquake.org

Also a big thank you to Johnny Moore for his inspiring speech and for his constant support of everything that CQ does.

Regards
    Michelle Selincourt
    President
    Club Quake

9. Bradio

Bradio New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Hi Quakes fans,

I'm probably too late, but I'm trying to find a phone number for the Earthquakes, specifically their press or marketing dept. I have e-mail for Jed Mettee, but I don't get any reply. I find a ticket office phone #, but no one answers. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

10. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thank you Michelle & Club Quake & Britannia Arms for the event. You did a great job. The highlight for me was the remarks by the three players, because they mentioned the relationship between players and fans, and especially how the San Jose fans are pretty special compared to elsewhere. That's the kind of thing that inspires more loyalty by the fans, and I think those sentiments were genuine. Craig Waibel made the point that in other places players may drive up to the stadium, park, play, then drive away, while here players got involved post-game with the fans. He also said that some players don't realize that careers aren't that long and that they should try to get the most out of it by mixing with the fans. That happens here in San Jose and he said San Jose fans might not realize it, but that doesn't happen elsewhere very much, something that makes this club more special than most. Hearing the same thing from the three players, who span the age/experience/career-point range, indicates that they were representative of the whole club. Kelly made the point that he'd experienced the Chicago fans (so he has seen good supporters), and that made the remarks more impressive.
    Michelle also indicated that she has heard that players would get a kick out of seeing a blue contingent at an L.A.-Houston game at HDC, and maybe something would be organized along that line.
    I would bet that such a game would be televised, and if a Houston goal were scored, it would make for good TV to see a huge San Jose banner unfurled.

11. shoegirl

shoegirl New Member

Oct 14, 2002
  12. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to Club Quake for putting this event on. Really made me excited about getting our team back. Before I was just pissed and wanted nothing to do with MLS. But after talking to Kelly, I realized it was more about the people (players, staff, fans, etc) involved than the idiocy of the league. We will get our team back. And I promised Kelly that as soon as he comes back to San Jose, I will put the nameplate from his locker back up. I have it here waiting!

Thanks Club Quake!

13. soccergranny

soccergranny Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Manteca, California
    Thank you Club Quake for a wondeful "Wake" for our beloved Earthquakes! I got a lump in my throat when Pat, Craig & Kelly spoke! Johnny Moore's comments were the BEST! OMG, he should run for Mayor of San Jose! On second thought......NO, not Mayor......we want him availble for our GM, when we get our expansion team in 2007! Again, thank you Michelle & the Club Quake Board!

14. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
  15. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't say too much since everyone else has said it well, but thanks! Especially a thrill since Pat and Craig were there. I think Kelly Gray was a bit reluctant to say a few things, but being the local, it's obvious that he really wanted to play for his hometown heroes.

Now, get the Quakes back to San Jose... ;)

[result]so Nap can return here. Hee hee--can't resist everyone![/result]

16. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was wondering what was happening. So sorry--you need a break to go your way.

Like I noted, just what everyone said.

I will have to add one more from Jay if it's OK with him, and that was even the barkeep has a better grasp of what went on with the team than the Anti-Earthquakes-Group.

But hey, we shall return!

17. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try www.mlsnet.com, click "Teams", and then "Houston".

18. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    It was great to see everybody. Thanks to all who organized it!