John "Xuxuh" Hilton at Dordrecht (Netherlands)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Boniek, Mar 16, 2015.

1. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    When a kid taught to hate MLS the chances that he will sign with the league probably not that high. And I don't buy for a second that there was the good brother and the bad brother. It's just that one was more talkative.

Winoman and onefineesq repped this.
  2. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Isn’t the problem that he stopped really putting soccer first? I mean it’s his life and he can do what he want but this story really reads like a talented soccer player that didn’t really care too much about soccer as he got older

3. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Then why did he put so much time and effort in latching onto a team in Holland when FIFA told him he couldn't. It seemed he thought his skill was beyond what US could provide. I know nothing specific but it seemed he thought he was too good for our development system.

4. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I mean Uly and Mendez didn’t sign and moved on, doesn’t look like KHF will sign. He didn’t have to sign but it would have helped if he played a few competitive games between when he was 14 and 18.

Also I’m not saying that Gary is not any crazy, I’m saying I’m not willing to pretend like he wasn’t the best coach in the DA for a timeframe especially when, to my knowledge, he’s not publicly guilty of anything. It’s probably worth noting that Gary went on Scuffed and said he’s doesn’t condone everything his brother says. I love my brothers but I wouldn’t put my name behind half the things they say, I think most of everyone can say they disagree with their brothers. I consume 3four3 media every once in a while and Brian is very militantly Pro/rel, like Ted Westervelt level, I think the fact that Gary even decided to put his labor into two different MLS clubs proves that he can’t be that similar.

5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    He is a very good coach, who is the best we don't know. He and his brother are two sleaze balls and which of them is worse we don't know either. He is extremely unethical and in serious fields people get blackballed for life for what he and his brother done to those clowns from LAG. And of course Dennis te Kloese kicked him out instantly.

bshredder repped this.
  6. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brian is the coach, Gary is the doomsayer, but yeah.

SilentAssassin and Brotheryoungbuck repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some speculation that he has a Dutch passport:

1150289641448194048 is not a valid tweet id

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    If he's lived there for long enough, I guess it's theoretically possible, though I'm not an expert on all the ins and outs. (Of course, I don't know anything about his family -- maybe he already had it; believe it would've had to be through his father, since he wasn't born there as far as I know.)

9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I just remembered the brief, happy, time when one of the most-used squares on the YA bingo board was "Go to Belgium for a few years and get citizenship!" Good times.

10. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of today he's vacationing with his family in Italy, according to his Instagram. Doesn't appear to be soccer-related at all, not that it should be.

Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Are you suggesting that this thread be moved to the NSR forum?

wixson7 and Winoman repped this.
  12. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, just that there's nothing wrong with him having a nice family vacation.

13. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
  15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Is he actually, finally, signed to a club and drawing a pay check and eligible to play in pro games somewhere?

16. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Youth team of a Dutch second division club? Not sure about that paycheck.

17. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    From this tweet looks like he has a chance to play with Jong Volendam with the hope that he makes it to the 1st team. We shall see...

18. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    Transfermarkt lists just 3 total appearances since he joined Volendam's U19s - all starts with one assist. Though, it seems that Transfermarkt may not have accurate data for all the matches because I've been reading the U19 match reports on Volendam's website and he seems to be playing regularly. He scored in their last match on the 7th "with a controlled slider in the far corner" (Google translation). I haven't seen anything to suggest that he has played with Jong Volendam yet.

I just searched "Hilton" on their website and it brought up the match reports:

https://fcvolendam.nl/zoeken/?q=Hilton

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latest:

Gacm32, TxEx, Rahbiefowlah and 4 others repped this.
  20. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    TxEx, Gacm32 and Winoman repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started for the Jongs in a 2-1 loss:

@bungadiri -- Let's update the title, please:

John "Xuxuh" Hilton at FC Volendam (Netherlands)

wixson7, UniversalAdvice and Winoman repped this.
  22. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    The kind folks at FC Volendam have assured me that he is still with (third-division) Jong Volendam.

23. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    relieved to hear you all are still on speaking terms

chrome_vapors and Winoman repped this.
  24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Never know when you might need a friend in Volendam.

chrome_vapors and dougtee repped this.
  25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UniversalAdvice and Winoman repped this.