John "Xuxuh" Hilton at Dordrecht (Netherlands)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Boniek, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Boniek

Boniek Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You guys might have already heard talk of this over on the youth national team forums, and yes, I know, it's a little early for talk about Xuxuh, but...

Considering most thought he was locked away in some training room deep in the bowels of ManCityHQ, it's interesting that Hilton is in fact playing futsal full-time for the u14 Dutch futsal champions: HV Veerhuys. In Hoorn of all places.

Currently Xuxuh is out injured as the C1 match updates tell us:

http://veerhuysfutsal.nl/category/veerhuys-c1/

I like this idea. We need more players taking this route, particularly those who spend years of development relying on their physical superiority. Xuxuh is an athletic freak. He has that gift combined with superior youth coaching in Brian Kleiban.

But in these 12-15 year age groups, where all teams play 4-3-3, there tends to be an uncontrolled turf war in the center of the field, opening up the wings for an outside back with insane speed to dominate. The mediocre Development Academy would have been far too easy for a player of Xuxuh's caliber. Instead, he's working on his touch against real competition.

Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting... still has to deal with FIFA registration rules. Might be playing as a guest, but can't be there full-time unless he has an EU passport (or his parents take work there).

3. Boniek

Boniek Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  4. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    is this story just unbelievably strange?

5. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Hilton won't be unattached much longer

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ajax has an outstanding academy, pretty exciting

8. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
  9. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bungadiri repped this.
  10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Testudo and bungadiri repped this.
  11. kba4life

kba4life Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Claremont, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very exciting. He'd be super young, but any chance he plays a role in the upcoming U17 cycle?

12. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Testudo repped this.
  13. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is his U17 cycle if I'm not mistaken. And chances are he's the starting RB

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The next one is his. He's a '01, which is the younger of the two years of the cycle. The next U-17 cycle could be really good. The potential attacking talent on that team is absurd.

15. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    De La Fuente (Barca), Lederman (Barca?), Xuxuh (Ajax), Hawkins (Bayern), Hoffman (Koln), Weah (PSG), Carlton (GA Utd), Ferri (Solar),.....

I know I'm missing some guys, but this will be an interesting cycle to watch

Winoman, bballshawn and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  16. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #17 Ironkick14, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Right, that's what I meant. I already think of the current U17 cycle as over, since they know their group for the WC. And yeah, the upcoming group is insane by our standards. And will only be better by the end of their cycle given the youth superclub the Galaxy have formed (assuming of course those kids refuse residency, which I hope they will)

17. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Galaxy kids in general are insane. Anguiano (now at LA) is probably the best player in the cycle. And although he's an 02, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Efrain Alvarez is a major contributor come 2017. Also Davide Clarkson (an 01' who was with Met Oval, may move to the newly formed NYCFC team) is a terrific CB

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Carleton is my favorite player of the next cycle, but I think I've started to say this in every thread on big soccer.

TheFalseNine and Tactical Hipster repped this.
  19. #20 feyenoordsoccerfan, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    I had a good look and the only thing you can say is that the only source is an American reporter and nothing more. I cannot find anything but this via the quoted article recycled rumour. Nowhere is anything be found about being spotted at "De Toekomst" or an agent representing him. Also there is mentioning about his parents working over here, but that also is stated in such a murky way, you can have your doubts about that too. It looks more like a Big Soccer way of explaining him going to play for Ajax via the socalled parents moving etc. shit. Dump this shit. it is just a bag with wind, smelling bad. No real substance. As a 14 year old he must be registered out of the Futsal club and in at Ajax. I havenot heared of anything like that and for amateurs too there is a restricted period in which you can change clubs. That period closed at the end of june.

Winoman repped this.
  20. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    There was a part about waiting on FIFA approval. What about that? What is the club registration deadline?

21. That thread isnot the official Ajax site, and that FIFA shit obviously came from the same source, as the kid was already member of an amateur club and thus has no need for any FIFA approval for changing from one amateur club to another. The dead line was end of June.
    It could be that he ditched his membership at HV Veerhuijs, before applying for a membership at Ajax, but I doubt if that makes a difference.

22. There could be one instance that makes a difference though.
    As a 14 year old you can sign a labour contract, but it has to be done with consent of your parents. So it is possible that Ajax sees him as such an extraordinary talent, they are willing to offer him a contract before the normal 16 year age with the approval of his parents.

23. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    If this is true, then it could fall in line with the 'reports' that his parents have found jobs in the country already. He's been there for some time now, judging from his futsal playing time, so if he can simply sign with the ok from mom and dad, is there really any other obstacle here from either club or player's point of view?

24. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Ah... But you use the word 'contract' in connection with an American youth [emoji19] is this going to cause the phony fifa outrage to follow, or can the parents simply deny and say they are working, and the child just happened to be good enough? I always wondered, how the heck can FIFA ever prove, other than extreme trafficking cases, that parents are moving for football related reasons? If you just refuse to admit it, then how can they possibly prove you wrong?