John Bostock??

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by whitestones, Nov 8, 2007.

1. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
  2. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He has the potential to probably become the best young football player to come out of England in the last 25 years and i include Paul Gascoigne and Wayne Rooney in that list as well because potentialy he is that good, every club in England wants him, Barcelona wanted to buy him when he was 12 years old but he turned them down because he did not want to go abroad at that age, he is a left footed creative midfielder, and he is alot better football player than Francesc Fabregas was at that age, and trust me when i say this, if he can some how manage to, avoid major injurys over the next few years, he can achieve anything he wants to because he could be that good as a football player IMO

3. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Don't you think you're exaggerating slightly?

4. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No i do not, you will see that i am right in a few years time, injury permitting of coarse

5. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I saw him at Ninian Park a few weeks ago and he didn't look an average player in an extremely-limited Palace side. Nothing he did grabbed my attention throughout the ninety-minutes whatsoever.

I don't doubt that he'll become a solid-to-good Championship player, hell, maybe even lower Premiership, but to say he'll be better than Gascoigne and Rooney is way off the mark in my opinion, but each to their own, I suppose.

6. spal

spal Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Seriously this guy is a superstar in the making. You seem to have extremely high expectations for a 15 year old mixing it with championship teams. Most are still playing U16's football

7. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Someone in this thread believes he'll become the best footballer to come out of England in a quarter of a century and I'm the one with high expectations of him?

No one here knows how he'll turn out; in ten years he could be playing in non-league or for Real Madrid. I'd wait at least two or three years before making any outrageous predictions on his future to be honest.

8. spal

spal Member

Sep 5, 2006
    There are two different things though. POTENTIALLY, he could be one of the best players to come out of England for god knows how long. REALISTICALLY, at the moment he is a 15 year old playing in the championship easily holding his own.

I have watched in the last year or so in the youth and its easy to see he is a class above anything i have ever seen at his age. Very exciting if he signs for palace in January. Im sure if we were talking about Aaron Ramsey you would have a slightly different opinion :p

9. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Not really; so far I've been no more impressed by Ramsey than Bostock.

People nowadays seem to believe that if you throw a child too young to legally drive into first team football at this level and he can pass the ball accurately more than five yards then he's the next Ronaldinho.

10. jlmatthews

jlmatthews New Member

May 18, 2003
    Toledo
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumored to be off to Spurs...

11. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    No he isn't. He's probably the best youth prospect in the country. The likes of Scum United, Barcelona etc aren't usually wrong. I think he needs to stay away from thema and get some football under his belt.

12. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    This guy off to Spurs, Aaron Ramsey maybe off to United, who says the Championship cannot produce good footballers?

Having said that, I think it would be in both Ramsey's and Bostock's best interests to stay at their respective clubs for a few years yet to learn their trade more.

Or, if a club that would be likely to give them some exposure go up from the play offs they could go there, to oh, I don't know, Bristol City? ;)

13. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Probably right, but if the lad has a choice between Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelscum and Brizzle, I think Gary Johnson might have to switch targets. Good luck in the PO final if Hull get through to it.