Rumor: Johan Venegas

Discussion in 'Montreal Impact' started by (De La)Redstriker06, Aug 2, 2015.

1. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It seems this deal may have already gone through but the front office is being really coy about sharing any information with the public.

Something tells me that Johan Venegas won't be able to sign at this moment because Montreal are at the cap limit. Exempting the two Generation Adidas contracts & the home growns Montreal are at $3.9 million.

They would have to have at least $500K in allocation to be at the cap level of $3.49 million.

I think Eric Alexander, Reo Coker, Dilly Duka, Justin Mapp, Jack Mac, and Oduro are all candidates to get shipped out.

artielange84 repped this.
  2. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's official. Venegas signed!

The roster is packed now but I don't think that's a terrible thing considering their schedule. 10 Regular Season games and 2 Championship Games in the next 6.5 weeks. That's a lot of matches and being able to rotate some people in and out of the lineup is going to help a lot.

artielange84 repped this.
  3. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I guess it depends where he's going to play, I like his highlight reel but can't really figure out where his natural position lies, I'm reading forward, mid, winger

The only guys that I wouldn't mind seeing go are duka and oduro... Hard workers but lack finishing or final balls. Venegas looks more clinical

4. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Jack Mac got shipped out to make room for this trade- Columbus will have to eat over 300K in guaranteed compensation in 2015.

It's hard to believe he was the third highest earning player on this team behind the likes of Piatti and Ciman. Venegas should be ready to see serious minutes this week- perhaps he lines up as a striker while Drogba works towards match fitness?

5. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was hard to believe but when I saw the numbers he was putting up under the conditions he was playing in, it was pretty impressive. I'll see if I can post them here.. This might come bite us in the ass given he's being sent to a rival

6. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    - The Atlanta-area native was traded to Montreal early in the 2014 season for Andrew Wenger, scoring seven goals in 21 starts for the Impact last year and four goals in 13 starts so far this season.

- McInerney also helped the Impact win the 2014 Amway Canadian Championship with three goals in four matches

- During Montreal’s run to the 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League final, McInerney scored three goals in five appearances

- McInerney, who turns 23 on Wednesday, has already scored 36 career MLS goals, which is tied for 22nd among all active players

7. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's a little sad to see him go and now with Bernier taking a few days to reflect on his future, I worry about how Klopas is managing our assets.