Johan Smith

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by pwip, Jul 11, 2005.

1. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I just read he's going to play for U20 Jamican team. He played for the U18 US team recently. Has he switched to the Jamican side?

2. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    link?

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That was last summer...

4. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Isn't it Johann Smith?

Also, anyone think......that this kid could be the answer at left back from 2007 until a long, long time.

Can you imagine a defense with Gooch and Spector in the middle...flanked by Wynne and Johann?

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I thought Danny Karbassiyoon was the savior at left back?

Why do we think he'll be converted? He entered his first game as a forward then played some right mid? From what do you extrapolate left back other than the fact that he's super fast but might not have EPL-level skill.

6. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.... just, no. You've never seen this guy play, have you?

7. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Look, the post is somewhat a lark. I know this kid is likely never to do this. I just would like to have a fast as hell, ballskilled, able-to-attack left full back....and I don't see a top quality prospect in the system (unless Pearce turns out to be something.....maybe Karby)

8. coldfusion

coldfusion Member

Dec 3, 2003
    SoFla / SoCal
    Roger that, JRI. It would be great if the Nats didn't have to wait until Alston or someone else from his age group is ready, which might not even be in time for 2010. Our opponents will always give us what we're worst at, like forcing the Gold Cup squad to play through Hejduk, which can't help but result in less quality chances than it would with a fullback who could more skillfully attack.

9. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Can't we just have ONE Ashley Cole? :D

10. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Smith at Left back. Please. He is already heavily favoured by Bolton fans who watch the Academy. Where do you guys get this from honestly?

11. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    every player is a candidate for left back in some posters minds. Did you see the Adu for lb one?

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Hell no. What the hell. Why is is like that? lol.

13. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Nah, this guy's just following me around just because I summarily destroy his made up facts and lame arguments on Adu on the Men's Nat thread..

God knows where Smith winds up. He's a project. We'll see. Nice to have a fast, good dribbling prospect though :)

14. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Ok did I miss something because now Smith is considered a LB? I thought he was a striker!!??

15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

You must be so full of yourself. What argument did you destroy. You havnt even been back to that thread ever since i replied. Im not following you around at all, i just seem to find your questionable statements all over the place.

And is Summarily a word?

Only reason why i said anything, is because u suggested him at Left back.