Joffre Guerron

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/getafe/es/desarrollo/1168118.html

I don't think Guerron will last very long at Getafe.

Was he known to have any problems with teammates at Liga?

I think what's happening is Guerron is extremely confident and fiery. Remember when he put his finger on his lips and told the entire Maracana to "shhhhhh..."? Remember "huevos, papa, huevos"?

This guys has balls, and he doesn't back down from people. As the new guy on the team, that's probably not the way to win a popularity contest.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Joffre Guerron - official thread

he's had 2 incidents with players from Getafe, the first being with an Argentine defender that came in way too hard and made a pretty ridic tackle during practice, they later shook hands and things were cool, and now this situation...I'll have to agree that he does have guts, and maybe thats what it takes to really make it in Europe, sometimes the humility can only get you so far. I say that he needs to cool his head off a little and start taking things among teammates simply as miniscule drama which needs to be brushed off for the betterment of the team. His "shhh" to the Maracana and the "huevos, papa" are two great examples of why Ecuador needs a firebrand, he's not afraid to be hated or criticized, with him it's love him or hate him....

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Maybe he can be the new Edwin Tenorio, the guy who gets the team fired up...could be a very good thing.

4. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I totally agree. It's not this guy is ham & egg, he is for real.
    "huevos papa" all the way.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

So in today's game, Getafe lost 2-1 to Atletico Madrid.

Guerron was pulled off at halftime, according to reports he was being whistled by the home fans.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/getafe/es/desarrollo/1168733.html

What kind of fans whistle a brand new player in one of the first matches of the season, I think it's their first one at home? I can't see any reason except perhaps the press reports of his altercations with other players on the team.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/getafe/es/desarrollo/1168118.html

This comes after his first match against Betis, where fans started making racist monkey chants when he got the ball (the team was fined for this).

http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballNews/idUKL104150920080901

This is not good. Guerron needs to call his agent NOW and find a place where he can feel welcome.

:(

6. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

A guerron se le han subido los humos a la cabeza.

Lean esto:

7. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007

LOL! I think the Spanish media is going to interview the waterboy next : )
    Who cares what a parking lot attendant thinks!

Guerron has never had any problems in any of the clubs he's been in before.
    He's a solid player and when he starts to play the way we know he could, the parking attendant will start to call him "Señor Guerron"

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

AMEN TO THAT...REPPED

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I have no words for this.

http://www.eluniverso.com/2008/09/26/0001/15/E756D2651BE6478C9C56A3172D4A3F54.html

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I have never seen such a PR disaster. Look what the press has now!

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/getafe/es/desarrollo/1169172.html

His career is Spain is over. It's for the better. The people in that country are stuck somehow in the 16th century with their attitudes. Remember the Olympic basketball team taking a photo making "Chinese eyes"? Remember Spanish fans throwing banana peels and making monkey noises at Eto'o to the point where he cried?

Guerron doesn't need to be in that country. Most other places in Europe have more civilized cultures.

12. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

That is true the people are stuck in the 16th century over there. At least that's what my pana says when he went over there. Now I know everybody is not like this, but my pana who is a colombiano morenito was in barcelona and he got heckled a few times with the mono remark:eek: while over there. Even there architecture has not changed since the old times (come in get with it espana):D

13. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't know about the racist element to this story, but to call out fellow players is no way to endear yourselves to your new team, or its fans -- especially those of Getafe (very blue-collar).

Manolo, my "favorite" moment was when I was traveling in Spain in 2002, and I saw the back of the newspaper. Ronaldo had arrived in Korea/Japan for the WC, and he did the slanted-eyes thing with his finger when he was the greeters.

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

The way I see it, Guerrron ain't no push over. The man disciplined himself to be an elite player. Holding his own is considered a "Blasphemous" act. They rather see Ecuas tuck our tails between our legs.

No my friends, Guerron got a battle in his hands and he can not give in, otherwise, let's just be content with him warming the bench which has been the case with with our players. Remember Valencia in Villareal? Remember dear ol' Forlan talking mad ShEEt about how Ecuadorains play games? What About Caicedo in Man City, what about Mega man Castillo warming the bench after scoring a goal in the previous game. eehh Felix Borja?

Cmon, guys wake up. Ecuadogs don't get the respect they deserve period. It's going to be a fight to get to the top. We will not get the same treatment as and Agie or Brazilian.

Guerron is a fighter. Besides, He knows he could do way better than Getafe. Should he make it hard enough for the team, he might be easily sold (maybe a way better team).

Remember my words, Guerron is aiming for immortality.

"Él me trató mal. Me insultó y yo sólo respondí". Guerrón le restó importancia al incidente: "Yo nunca he dado problemas. La prensa española lo toma todo a mal y todo lo hacen bomba".

15. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj

so its been about 2 months and nobody has posted anything in this thread... what happened to the bandwagon that everybody jumped on when this guy was the Copa Libertadores MVP?

What happened to the "shh" and "huevos papa huevos"...where is that attitude? What happened to that? He would be starting if he had that attitude.

16. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I am sure that Joffre Guerron will be a first teamer for Getafe come next season. Guerron is a very good player, who is young and is probably still trying to settle in at the Spanish Club. The disgraceful monkey chants from the Sporting Gijion fans probably didnt help him in his adapting to La Liga and Spain, but he seems like a strong minded individual who shouldnt let such pricks both him for too long.
    Guerron at present has started 6 games for Getafe, and has appeared as a substitute 6 times, so therefore he isnt far off from being a regular starter.
    On a different note, in your parts of the World is their any news on if Caicedo will be departing Manchester City in January, and if so where he will be likely departing too? Here in the UK it is expected that Man City will be doing plenty of chopping and changing in January. It is likely that for the chop from the club will include Vassel, Elano, Ball, Castillo, Garrido, Onouha, and Hamann.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

LOL...Didi Hamman should just retire!!

18. nenito

nenito New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

well there is some bad news !!!! he should of stayed in liga we needed him for the FCWC .

Getafe ready to offload Guerron
    15.12.08 | tribalfootball.com
    Ecuador international Jofre David Guerron could be on his way from Getafe in January.

Guerron has failed to settle in Spain since his summer arrival and has managed only eight appearances so far this season.

Getafe are ready to cut their losses, despite battling hard to land the midfielder ahead of Udinese and Boca Juniors during the close-season.

For now, only tentative enquiries from Argentina have been fielded.

http://tribalfootball.com/getafe-ready-offload-guerron-216546

19. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

poor guy, this is horrible news.

20. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Damn. He is worth it! I rather see him in Germany or Italy. And i wouldnt cross out other clubs in spain, he has that fire, and bad-boy attitude that will see him fight for his spot anywhere! A little bit of humility wouldnt hurt, but the racist comments by his 2 teammates is dispicable.

I hope he has an incredible career, as he has the skill to play in many of the top clubs worldwide IMO and start.

21. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

He was the missing piece. :mad:

22. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Spanish La Liga

Half Time: Almeria 1-1 Getafe

Joffre Guerron SCORES his first Getafe and La Liga goal, and he started the match too. Is this the beginning of the Copa Libertadores 2008 player of the year taking the league by storm?

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

damn! you beat me to it!!! haha

but yes, the game is tied at the half....Guerron goal in the 6th minute. I just tuned in....

25. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Do you have access to this game? If so from what TV station or Internet stream etc?