PBP: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump :: The Election That Just Won’t End Thread :: [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody needs to go after the Trump campaign and put a serious dent in their war chest.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with that is that thanks to Trump's funding, he'll have a basically infinite defense fund.

3. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Unless.... All those debts come to call?

And if he is barred from running for office, can he keep his campaign money?

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cool, let him spend it on the lawsuits.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sue the deep pockets. Powell aint have shit. You go after Trump here. There is no reason to not have named BOTH as co-defendants, using Powell as the hook to get at the real money.

Chicago76 repped this.
  6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe's press conférence was really good. He slammed Trump, Cruz, Hawley and other toadies.

russ, ASU55RR, Minnman and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Pence will be there: believe I've seen something to the effect he'd attend, if invited.
    As stated previously, he was and remains a prick in many aspects. But at least, he's shown the ability to act like a adult and is respectful of the tradition of our country. And it wouldn't be all about him overshadowing the moment, as surely would be the case with Trump.

Pauncho and appwrangler repped this.
  8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe invited Pence. He told him he will be welcome.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7859 Ashur, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    The latest to be attacked by the Trump mob. Have little sympathy for the man but as stated earlier, this is just the latest example for how the Republican party, for many, appears to be all about Trump (and no one/not many else).
    They've got their work cut out over there in the coming months/years if they're going to get it back...

Side note, what a rude awakening for the MAGAts who actually believed that Trump would pull a victory somehow: the delusion was strong with that lot...

Boandlkramer and charlie15 repped this.
  10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Don't forget that back in February it looked like he would be running against Sanders, and I think he would have won that matchup.

russ, Dr. Wankler and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  12. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While you aren't wrong, his complete mishandling of the virus turn a lot of older Americans against him, or, at least, pushed a lot to Biden. If we compare the exit polls from 2016 and 2020, Biden got 5% more votes from 45-64 yo than Clinton did and 3% more 65+, while Trump lost 2% of 45-64 and stayed flat in 65+. I doubt that would have happened if COVID hadn't happened.

russ and charlie15 repped this.
  13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure about 'very good' but the problem is there was a significant chance of him being elected if not for covid.

If a less stupid 'America First' candidate came forward in 2024 and the direction of the US hasn't changed significantly, with policies that help large numbers of ordinary people, there probably IS a chance he could get elected.

With the economic situation the US will be in after covid... with mass delusion being a common situation with a large number of Americans and, (probably as important as the other issues), if the voting rights of various minorities and people in certain states are devalued in the way they are atm, 2016 could be repeated.

I also think, (as Ian Bremmer said in the Channel 4 vid I linked to pointed out), social media will make the situation worse, rather than better. Don't forget, it's only in the last few days, (so, AFTER the attempt to overthrow the election result), that they finally managed to accept they shouldn't allow him to spread outright lies.

Will that be continued with other politicians of a similar ilk in the future? I doubt it!

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    @The Jitty Slitter

Just watching Frank Luntz on BBC Newsnight. He seemed to be saying it's up other republicans with 'big hearts' to reclaim the mantle of the real republican party. He mentioned a few people I didn't really catch as I was only half listening but then he added one name I DID recognise...

[​IMG]

I knew you'd be pleased :)

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was unpopular but at the end he still got 47% of the vote. With just two or three small changes he could have won a second term:

1. He could have not messed up COVID19 response so terribly while driving populist policies. Let’s say that bumps him 1% to 48%

2. Dems selected a more controversial candidate. If the “defund the police” slogan hurt Biden, imagine that applied to Harris or Sanders. Let’s say that depressed dems to around 50%.

3. With closer overall margins and Slightly lower turnout in key states the election becomes a one or two state difference instead of six, making it close enough to be decided in the courts.

See? We didn’t escape the horror of a second Trump term by as much as we think right now.

russ, charlie15 and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This video is pretty interesting and kind of funny as well. Sums it all up.

charlie15 and superdave repped this.
  17. Chicago76

Chicago76 Member+

Jun 9, 2002
    The banks are terrified of him as long as he’s in office. He’s gonna be neck deep in FCPA settlements. The banks will call those notes ASAP.

dapip repped this.
  18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She can go straight to hell. She enabled the very worst of him, giving cover to his absolutely worst impulses.

Chicago76, Funkfoot, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  19. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Fashy Hayley is the dangerous version of nationalism

20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I saw this Alyssa Farah lady making the tour of the networks yesterday and starting her rehabilitation campaign. She f***left the WH mid December. What a fraud.

onefineesq and dapip repped this.
  21. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    At least miles Taylor and co came out before the election

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That escalated quickly...

luftmensch, soccernutter, chaski and 3 others repped this.
  23. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I'm going out on a limb and say he did hit a nerve

soccernutter, song219, dapip and 4 others repped this.
  24. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the f**** was that.....o_O.
    The moment he said something that hit a nerves, she lost it and showed her true colors.

The English dude was good though...."I know you are in Jupiter, Fl".....She could have as well been from Jupiter planet.

dapip and Ashur repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyway, the very fact that similar exchanges can happen on TV at this moment in time gives me the impression that USA are really on the brim of a civil war.

dapip repped this.