Joe Barton reopens feud with Ousmane Dabo

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RedRevs, Apr 8, 2011.

1. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dirtbag barely covers it.

And you'll pardon me if the "I don't like to fight" defense falls on deaf ears. Isn't this the same Joey Barton who was caught on camera beating a guy senseless outside a McDonald's?

3. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I give a rats ass about Joe Barton or this story at all, but since when is ESPN allowed to quote swears in articles?

Not that my pretty ears or eyes can't handle it, I was just shocked to read this:

4. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Barton must have "told his side of the story" in court and still been convicted so how believable does that make him? Can't say I know of him but he sounds like an a$$.

5. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that ESPN found through diligent research that Barton has a deep hatred of cats. Thus, he wasn't being obscene, just anti-feline.

6. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhhh, I see. :p

Damn cats.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Maybe we can take up a collection to see if we can buy off a KC player to clean his clock during their exhibition with Newcastle :)

8. Billy62

Billy62 Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    They do that from time to time (I knew this screenshot would come in handy someday):

[​IMG]

Whoever the editor of Soccernet is gets away with quite a bit.

9. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would pay. And that's as a City fan who hated the bastard when he wore sky blue.

10. guitarspoons

guitarspoons New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ipswich
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    joey barton is well regarded in britain as being probably the biggest waste of oxygen in football, he shouldnt even be allowed to play after some of the things he has done both on and off the pitch.
    he is what we like to call a 'chav' he would like to consider himself the 'hardest' man alive, but i'm pretty sure if you sneezed on him, he'd fall over. all in all, not someone to be annoyed by, more amused. eventually he'll probably stick a knife in the toaster and die, or some other ridiculous way, in which anybody with a brain the size of pea would probably manage to kill themselves.

11. Joeyfitzclick

Joeyfitzclick Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Newport RI
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Save your breath to cool your pies, Barton is not even worth talking about. I will be amazed if he doesn't end up in prison or killed.

12. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most interesting part of the article was where they claim that Dabo plays for the New England Revolution of MLS.

When? Where? !:eek:

DOUTFUL: Ousmane Dabo (R quadriceps strain)

13. Kenp

Kenp BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 17, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I could be wrong about this, but ESPN Soccernet content decisions may take place in England. What passes for swears here doesn't there, and vice-verse. For example, Americans may not be as offended by the use of "bloody", but in England, it is (or perhaps was) a problematic word. I've also seen more use of the f-word in English publications (4-4-2). This makes me pine for the days of Pictures of Chairman Mao. :D

14. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barton has earned reasons to be vilified his entire career and earned the thug rep, for lack of skill. The two footed challenge on Xabi Alonso at SJP comes to mind.