Joao Moutinho

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Ibranco, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    A while back i think someone wrote that this guy was supposed to be as good as Zidane or Rui Costa. Does anyone know how he is doing nowadays and what his progress has been towards Sporting's mens team?

2. SoccerWiz15

SoccerWiz15 New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Newark
    What or Who are u talking about?

3. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    He played in that Newcastle tournament and it was created a certain hype around him by the Portuguese press, but Peseiro sent him back to the youth team.

4. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He is a brillant Playmaker. Portugal has 2 of the best up and coming playmakers in Marcio Sousa and Joao Mounitho. Promblem is that spain will have the best in the world with Cesc who already plays for 1st team Aresenal

5. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    Too early to talk about that.

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i heard about him but unless i see him in action then its your word against mine. cause everybody says this kids good which in fact hes terrible.

7. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    A picture is worth a thousand words

8. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He played extremely well in the Gateshead Cup in Newcastle. He was sent down as there is no use to have him with the 1st team observing. He needs to play every week and be the man. I expect by the 2005/06 season he should be ready to seriously challenge for a spot. I cannot see SCP letting him go to a club on loan - he is that good. A wonderful playmaker that they could really use now if he were older and a little more experieced, but having him here would bring unjust pressure on this youngster. You gotta remember, these kids are assets that need to be nurtured in order to develop and sell in the future, so SCP won't be rushing him now when they really don't need him. He will most certainly be the next guy that brings them some $$$ in a sale, so long as he becomes what most think he will be.

9. Dracul

Dracul New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    He is not a true playmaker. More like a Maniche or Tiago kind of miedfielder...

10. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Great. just what we need another defensive midfielder. ;)

11. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Another player to watch for is Candeias (not sure of the spelling).
    The other of course is Vaz Te.