Joao Felix: The Prodigy or The Fraud?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Sumol, Jun 16, 2019.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Idk if its been said already in this thread, I think Atletico way overpaid for him but I do think he has quality, however he's a very specific type of player and he won't ever really be good if you don't play him that way.

The guy first of all needs a team that plays positive offensive football, and in that system his best role is as a second striker in a 442 or 4231 in the middle between the lines and dropping into the left half space.

If you play him as a left winger cutting inside, he won't be good. If you play him as a #9, he won't be good. If you play him deeper in midfield, he might do a job but won't be great.

So the question is: what system will Martinez play? Is he going to play 4231 like he did at Everton? If so, Felix could thrive in the 10 role off the shoulder of the striker. If it's a classic 433, I just don't see how he's anything but a bench player for the National Team.

2. artistwantab

artistwantab Member

Dec 7, 2022
    He will likely use the same team that lost to Morocco with Danilo replacing Neves and Mendes replacing Guerreiro.

I think he will call Pepe again unless Pepe announces his retirement.

He will watch the last games Portugal played an realize how important Pepe was and he can't afford to lose against one of these bottom teams.

3. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Playing well in his debut blues best player so far

4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    First game watching Chelsea this year . Omg what shit midfield . Zero creativity . Lol Felix going to be busy . I agree Felix has been best player on the field . Paulinha being a beast in the mid as usual

5. artistwantab

artistwantab Member

Dec 7, 2022
    That makes sense but it is rarely done.

Scolari choose Rui Costa above Deco (who was 2nd for the Ballon D'oR in 2004) and that was just one player who was obviously playing better then the conventional pick. It wasn't until the loss against Greece (first loss) that he changed the lineup.

Iceland and others are not Morocco and its a safe choice because its the same team that won again the Swiss 6-1. He makes drastic changes and loses and the country wants his head. He chooses the same team and fails and he has the excuse that he is still getting to know the players.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Straight red on his debut ... my guy thought he was tackling Porro there

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Felix red card . Too physical for soft EPL players lol

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hahahahahahaha

Waiting for all you clowns to justify this mess of a player. Let me guess, IT'S THE SYSTEM!!! Can't blame Simeone now, so are all you idiotic Lampioes gonna blame now?!

€120 million for this absolute shambolic loser of a player. Biggest fraud I've ever seen.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    If he sucks , so be it . Let’s just see . Don’t in such a hurry to bury the kid . ******** the 120 . Who the hell cares .

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Imagine if we gave the same leash to other players like we do this guy. We'd have an entire generation of overrated garbage.

11. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Honestly , if he had gone to Man U or Barcelona instead of Atletico and had the lack of success on those teams then I would be like you . I really would . Now I feel he is now on trial . The leashes are off and he can play to his strengths so if he fails now, no excuses .

12. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Definitely put his best foot forward today

eurodad repped this.
  13. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Lol lol I just spat out my drink ….. you owe me a rum and coke lol omg

BatatasFritas repped this.
  14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I have nothing against Felix and hope he turns his career around after the 3 game suspension:D

eurodad repped this.
  15. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He probably did that on purpose. ;)

I think he's already had enough of playing with Havertz & Mount.

He's just on a different level. Good thing this is only a loan move. He would rot on this team.

16. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Chelsea are cursed... No way I'd believe Felix would have this bad start.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL it's never Felix's fault.

You Canadians are funny. Zero accountability for anything. No wonder Canada is irrelevant in all things sports related.

18. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Today just proves how elite he is. He was dominating in the 60 mins he played. Even set up a tap in

19. artistwantab

artistwantab Member

Dec 7, 2022
    But somehow you ignore all the yellows and reds and Palhinha gets and say "that's what Portugal needs that aggressiveness"

Hypocrisy at it best.

Stupid mistake in an otherwise good debut.

20. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    ..... did you watch the game? he was by far their best player and it wasn't even close, Chelsea have the least amount of shots on target when playing at HOME compared to any other team in the epl. he had more shots on target today then chelsea has had all season. lmaooo

read the comments. your just a hater. your not a Portugal fan, your a sporting fan. embarrassing.

verde-rubro repped this.
  21. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    you come from the most hated country on the planet. you live in a city with just homeless ppl and homosexuals. the most interesting thing in your city is a bridge that ppl jump from to commit suicide at least once a week. if anything maybe you need some canada in your life, it would lighten you up a bit. you can stay in my igloo, have some maple syrup, pet a beaver, well ride a moose downtown so you can meet drake and maybe some beautiful mixed girl will give you some play to cheer your hating ass up. there's a huge Portuguese community here ill take you to a spot where you can watch a meaningless sporting liga game. since your from san fran we got a pretty popular gay community too, its on church street, you'll love it. canadian gay guys are super friendly

SCP_16 repped this.
  22. artistwantab

artistwantab Member

Dec 7, 2022
    I didn't notice during the game but he needs to work on his ability with the left foot.

23. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Us Canadians are just messing with the situation. Does Newsom make you pay a sense of humor tax?:p

24. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This benfica run media must be running on a global scale. First the atletico fans, and now the chelsea fans say hes brilliant.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

[​IMG]

money11 and BatatasFritas repped this.