Jimmy Bullard to play for Germany

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by toonboy, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    because he isn't german?

2. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    and what's all this crap about jimmy bullard having been one of the "better players" in the premiership.

what does that even mean? better than what? better than djimi traore? yes. better than a majority of the players in his position in the premiership? no.

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many players in that position have been better? Tell me....because you have to look at league form, not hype or European competition.

Plus, look also at Wigans run in the top flight this season as well as their run to the Carling Cup final. He has definetley been one of the better players this season.

And if he can help Germany, why the heck not. His grandmother is German :p

4. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    well now you've said that, you'll obviously just dismiss anyone i say as good as "overhyped" and "only good in europe"

easier to name a pack of average central midfielders into which bullard fits.

cahill, steven reid, savage, phil neville, bryan hughes, mendes, bowyer, etc etc etc.

bullard just doesn't stand out as one of the best players in the premiership this season.

5. Bullard sounds ugly
    he isn not good enough for germany

6. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    ????????
    ??????

??????????????

Jimmy Bullette???

Jonny Walker??????????

Better: König Pilsener.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know how much of the premiership you follow but any EPL fan will tell you that Bullard has had an outstanding season, certainly above Bowyer, hughes, mendes, cahill etc.

Plus, you're not looking at the situation from Germany's NT's perspective, who is in dire need of some quality players. This isn't the German team of old. For a while now has Germany been lacking a real DM, with Kehl just stepping in not too long ago.

If he is out for some reason, there is no effective replacement, unless you play another player out of position which has proved to be the wrong step to take. Klinsman has made some risky moves so far into his coaching career, I don't see why this would be such a far cry.

9. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    kehl is beeerter than him, i guess he is D.M or he plays at the center

10. dein armer arsch :)

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

He looks even uglier than he sounds.

also, FOREVER RED, it doesnt take much to have a better season than bowyer or mendes who basically played half a season.
    Better season than Cahill, i dunno, i think cahill has been decent though not as good as last season. i'll leave that to the everton fans to inform us.

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not saying bowyer or mendes are great, I was just refering to players the previous poster mentioned in comparison to Bullard which was is not justified.

Cahill has been him self in the second half of the season, the entire Everton team was struggling in the first half.

Sure, he's no male model but heck, he would be a great assett to the team. Let the media focus on Ballack.:D

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Cahill has been an ok player. But definitely down from last season. I say Bullard>Cahill as of now.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    LMAO again :D

15. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    what exactly is it that you think bullard has done that is so wonderful?

wigan's success has not been built on jimmy bullard scoring pretty consolation goals.

bullard has been part of a workmanlike midfield, he has played well as part of that unit, but he hasn't even outshone mcculloch or kavanagh. the performance of that midfield unit has been part of the base which has allowed wigan to keep games tight, but they wouldn't be able to play like that if they didn't have kamara up front. he has been their best player this season. bullard has done a job, effectively, but christ, so has robbie savage.

and how is jimmy bullard suddenly a dedicated defensive midfielder?

16. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I cant believe that a bit of a wind up on Jimmy and his agents part is causing such a storm :D

Then again i suppose he does have the regulation German haircut so you never know......

17. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    he'll have to grow a 'tache if he wants to be taken seriously.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Umm...Bullard started every single game, except one in which he came in as a sub which no one in the team has equalled....that alone is worth something. And I didn't single him out as a defensive midfielder only. But his work rate and presence EVERYWHERE on the pitch non stop is a great assett.

Again, you have to look at Germany's situation. I never said Bullard would be an automatic starter or anything but he would be very useful to the team.

19. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    so, he's been outstanding because of his workrate and because he's started all but one game.

genius.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ummm...simple right?

21. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    no, it's complete claptrap. but if you want to carry on believing that bullard has been one of the best midfielders in the premiership this season simply because he's started every game but one for wigan and runs around a lot, i guess that is your deluded prerogative.

22. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    who the hell is Jimmy Bullard!?!?

Certainly NOT a German :D

23. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Are you Wotan in disguise? :D

24. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Click on the link in BillyIreland's signature. Then tell me you don't want Jimmy Bullard on your team. Go ahead. I dare you.

25. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And who the hell is Wotan? :D ;)