Jim rome loves soccer

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by EastBayGrease, Jun 24, 2009.

1. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As if the 2-0 win over Spain wasn't good enough, Jim Rome started off his show, which directly followed ESPN's coverage of the Nats match, by saying "Soccer Rules. Don't say I didn't tell ya". :)

Please tell me someone recorded that.

2. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is etched in the stone of my mind forever.

3. polska26

polska26 Member

Feb 20, 2008
    he was sarcastic 100% sure he was

4. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell has frozen over. Armageddon is upon us.

5. paraider5

paraider5 Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Bethlehem, PA
    Can we please enjoy the day without any threads or comments about Jim Rome? Close the thread. This is our day to celebrate. Let all the soccer haters join Jay Mariotti in hell. Go UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MDChief

MDChief Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Sarcasm. Dude is and always will be an a**! What do you expect from someone that is 4'6" with oreo cookie crumbs on his face!

7. polska26

polska26 Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I am not even sure the Jim Rome show is live so this can be an episode taped earlier

8. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was definitely in response to the match, and yes, it was sarcasm, but it was desperate sarcasm that really said, "I can't say anything bad about that match" His voice was vulnerable, lacking his typical arrogance. It was definitely not a loud, exaggerated "SOCCER RULES". He might as well have chuckled "that was pretty cool"...his voice communicated the same thing.

Clearly, the entire ESPN office watched the game in their studios as you can hear genuine excitement in the voice of their commentators...I've been watching the channel following the match and am repeatedly hearing this enthusiasm. Jim Rome's comment was a glorious moment of watching him "eat it", it was like an 80's movie in which the school bully is left behind as the school carries away the bully's longtime victim on their shoulders. Jim Rome followed the match like the rest of the ESPN studio and, like everyone else, he was enthralled by it.

9. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd prefer Colin Cowherd to eat crow tomorrow morning. His inbox probably exploded after the match. If USA wins this on a 3rd miracle (Though I think we've over extended our miracle/tourney quota of 1/2), Rome will be forced to confront this situation and I will love to watch him squirm.

10. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hearing him say that was almost as good as the game itself :D

11. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    He was being sarcastic but at least he didn't outright diss the sport and team. He couldn't. They just shocked Spain!

12. SignGuyDino

SignGuyDino New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    Rome needs a real beatdown from Jim Everett right about now...

13. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The nats win over Spain was the lead topic on "Pardon the Interruption" and boths analysts gave the match + Nats nothing but love. Host Michael Raymond Wilbon actually had some good analysis about the significance of this win.

14. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lead story on SportsCenter.

15. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    I watched it again on tape, and Rome was sarcastic in the manner that, he acted like he knew USA could do well all along, and win against the best. Another words he always thinks that the USMNT sucks, and that they would loss this game. So now it's his way of giving the USMNT credit.