Jim Rome goes too far..attacks Drew Carey!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by lond2345, Sep 2, 2005.

1. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Did anyone watch Jim Rome is burning today? Bigsoccer's least favorite sports commentator went on a 1 and a half minute attack against Drew Carey and soccer!

The man is consumed with hatred for soccer just like Eric Wynalda is consumed with hatred for Mexicans! their hatred eats them up inside! Jim Rome's attack on Bigsoccer favorite and soccer loving Drew Carey was pathetic!

2. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Does anyone watch Rome is Burning? I mean anyone, not just on here, but anyone?

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly had no idea that it was still on.

4. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I usually don't post in these threads, because lets face it Jim Rome just isn't worth it, but I mean seriously you would think ESPN would look at their rathings, no one watches that show, and btw, he is a huge twat. Sorry, end rant.

5. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I believe it was, then wasn't and now is, sort of. His buddy Mark Shapiro will be gone from ESPN soon so I'm guessing its second stint is probably not going to be too much longer. Though, apparently the radio show has a relationship with ESPN radio, do I who knows. When you're on ESPN and your talk show is worse than Around the Horn, Cold Pizza and 1st & 10, hell, even Cheap Seats... that should tell you something. Mohr Sports was 10x better than his crap show and that thing lasted for about 2.5 minutes.

6. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    I think the world would have been better off if Jim Everett actually had killed him for calling him Chris Everett so many damned times. Why cant people just act respectfully to eachother...damn.

7. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    I didn't, either. But like the Whitlock thread, who cares?

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we've learned anything from Jim Rome's stints on TV, it's that the true stars of his radio show are the clones.

9. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    I've seen a lot of threads on Jim Rome and apparently his son loves the sport and is actually good. I STILL don't understand why he hates it so much?

Maybe his wife had an affair with his son's coach or trainer or something! :p :D

10. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Yeah, I remember that. Jim Rome is a freaking moron. Someday he'll actively forget to breathe and that will be that.

11. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    don't worry.........Rome's anger will cause his prostate to swell up and well nature will do the rest.

12. ECRedSoxFan

ECRedSoxFan Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Dear Jim,

I really like your show.

sincerely,

Nobody

13. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Dear Jim,

That was a great take.

Sincerly,

Jim Rome

14. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Perhaps its the fancy footwork that confuses him.
    Maybe because he doesn't understand how players can take shots as accurate as a qb can pass or as hard as pitcher can throw.

Sounds like an anti-globalist to me.

How does he feel about hocket or basketball? Honestly I had never heard of the guy before Striker Magazine had there little blurb about him. Guess I don't watch much ESPN besides for actual games or maybe sportscenter if i need highlights or results.

15. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I thought his show was gone for years up until a couple weeks ago. I watched a couple episodes, and found him boring after awhile. I started to hate him when I heard his rant about soccer (see Soccer in USA forum). He's just hoplessly pathetic.

And, btw, what exactly did he say about Drew Carey?

16. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones Member

Oct 27, 2004
    This Jim Rome guy is a member of the older generation and hates what he doesnt understand - like the Romans burned Christians; yeah that was a great plan wasnt it. Rome just doesnt get the reality of soccer in the US today. He probably has difficulty with newfangled things like the internet as well!
    But his rant makes a great joke for the new Nike advert on TV as it makes him look like the biggest fu_king bozo.

17. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Just curious, why would you care if Jim Rome likes soccer or not?

18. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone ... anyone ... Bueller .... Bueller ...

19. brittkamp

brittkamp Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure Drew Carey can handle himself. The funny thing is that Rome wouldn't have the stones to say this to Carey's face because I'm sure a comedian could rip him to pieces verbally.

20. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    I'm not upset by the fact he trashed soccer, it's just that he verbally attacked a man without being provoked.

By the looks of it you'd think Carey banged his wife and wrote "Drew" on her tits in jizz.

21. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the best theory I've heard yet.

22. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  23. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    At least I can understand why Wynalda would feel that way. Seriously, some chica (or chico) he dated in high school must've played soccer, dumped him flat on his ass, and he's had a grudge since that. What a twat.

24. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
  25. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Jim,
    Why don't you go criticize the President?

Love,
    Kanye