Ji Dong-Won @ Borussia Dortmund 2014-2015 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #627 takeuchi, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    eh, Ji going back to Augsburg? that would be such an odd move considering they have 4 FWs in their squad

and yea, Reuter responded it will be difficult transfer earlier when he was directly asked about Ji

edit: only a medical test left? if true, i figured the news would be all over various sites by now

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Angel Bear and skimmilk repped this.
  4. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Early season injury was a killer for ji. It's unfortunate. But at least he has a fallback place that will welcome him once again. Would you do the honor and start a new a thread ?

5. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I really hope he revitalizes his career in Augsburg. Who knows, maybe Dortmund will get relegated and Augsburg will go to Europe next year and this will have turned out to be the right move haha

nmssis repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

ill pass... too disappointed by his change of heart (he should have stayed with FCA from start if he was to give up this quickly/easily)

Feb 4th, 2015... FCA vs Dortmund

7. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No doubt the bigger club is Dortmund. And I thought Ji's abilities were raw and weren't good enough to be a regular first team member in Dortmund when he made the move last summer. But at least the genius that is Klopp, saw something in Ji and want him under his wings. But again, the injury was the killer. And I read that Ji has been out of the depth chart and unlikely to see first team game time had he stayed.

And missing the Asian cup roster I feel somewhat do with the decision. I member reading jisung's biography and he mentioned that the training ground was his battle. Because that's where he has to show his coaches that he was worthy of getting first team chances. Ji wasn't able to do that I guess. I personally, wanted to fight for his spot in the training ground and earn first team selection that way in dortmund.

8. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mods: Please lock this thread.

9. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree. Once he made the move to dortmund, then ji should've taken it as do or die.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't get why people are disappointed. Ji obviously wasn't in a position to help Dortmund fighting in a relegation-season and he was a sub already in general. Augsburg is a very good team and he proved his worth there.
    Granted, if people here thought that Ji is the next Son and expected him to play in Dortmund then I guess we have a different opinion on the matter

datschge repped this.
  11. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Ji was injured for 99% of the time, that's why ppl are sad to see him leave Dortmund as he was never fit enough to prove himself. It's not just Korean ppl who are disappointed. Go check comments on this transfer on the official Dortmund facebook page. BTW, Kagawa isnt in the position to help either, even though he was not even injured.. He's one of the worst players in the team atm.

13. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Why did Ji move to Dortmund in the first place? I mean, no offense, but that guy had 0 chance getting decent minutes at Dortmund.