Jhon Arias - Fluminense

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jun 8, 2022.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Really a shame he didn't get a big move this winter window but he should absoslutely if he wants it go to a big club euro club in the summer, just a great player.

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Meh

at this point

let him stay

Brazil league is not that far behind the European leagues outside of the top 3 or 4

HomietheClown repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea as long as he bosses for Colombia I don't care where he plays. Also is porto really a big jump from where he is? He will have more eyes on him but at his age he isn't going to a top club. Some mid table English team or a big Portuguese team. Neither seem like a step up

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    One of our most consistent players at the moment. If he continues to play this well and stays healthy then he is one of the main reasons I am optimistic about the Copa America.

The way he played against Uruguay was fantastic and can just be the tip of the iceberg.

5. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    That’s why I don’t like our players to go to Brazil.

Most of them just fail there and for the rest, the exception to the rule, even if they have some kind of success, they hardly make it from Brazil to the best leagues in Europe. And what’s even worse, after a couple of years of facing stronger opponents, you don’t get the impression that they have improved at all.

Compared to our players when they go to Argentina, even to smaller teams, they more easily make the jump to Europe and you notice they learned some after a couple of seasons in terms of tactical skills, mentality on and off the field, etc.

If I were Arias, I’d leave Brazil in the summer now that he’s won most of the things he can win with the team. And if his personal goal is not to become the best foreign player in the Brazilian league of all times, that’s then the time for him to say obrigado e adeus.

6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If he's happy there and thriving of course he should stay if he wants it. But he's basically conquered the league/continent and it'll be hard to see how good he is if he doesn't test himself higher, and of course is he wants to maximize his earnings he'd have to move.

I don't disagree Brazil league is that far behind outside the big leagues, but I think he would be a really good fit for some of the top teams in the world. There aren't alot of guys out there who have the ability to play on both wings or central, attack and defend, create and finish goals while also being a great dribbler. He's as all round a player as there is for an attacking midfielder.

I think he profiles like Angel DiMaria, when you take a winger with skill and athleticism that also has the final ball you should expect their career peak to be longer then most players because you could move him central and even if his athleticism may drop off, he's still skilled enough to play central.

Doogs repped this.
  7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    my only hope is his performances will elevate his price so much that not even the americans and mexicans won't be able to get their slimy paws on him

europeans won't take him seriously because of his age. Flu actually sold a few players to european teams these past windows

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm in the "so be it" camp. Flu is literally the best team in the hemisphere (and with him as a big reason) , if he wants to stay there and they are paying him well, all good.

HomietheClown and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Exactly my thoughts.

And with his manager looking so poor as the Brazilian National team manager I bet it makes him stay a bit longer since he is not as hot of a commodity as he once was.
    If the tactician is there and there's not much change to the level of talent around him then that would be good for Arias as well.

Conversely if they start selling everybody and the Manager still leaves then that is a different story for me.

10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah I don't think its bad he stays, I do worry that alot of key guys in that project may move on after so much success but the manager and project has been amazing for Arias so if he's happy and progressing no reason to risk it to leave.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I don't think it's bad either but it's kind of sad that arguably our most consistent/best player won't be able to play with the big boys in Europe. His window is getting smaller each year.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #162 HomietheClown, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Better to stay than go to a big team in Europe and sitting on the bench with no minutes. So that grass isn't always greener.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto repped this.
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1793409647895863690 is not a valid tweet id

lvbeto and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just needed to say thank god we have this dude is Colombian, one of my favorite players in general . Dude is just everywhere. I can’t think of what players he reminds me of style wise . But sheesh underrated as hell

J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To me he’s like a way smarter , better finisher , and complete cuadrado lol

17. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not as fast as cuadrado tho but still he’s a slick speedy bastard with crazy ball control

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Very little weakness to his game. Our most consistent attacking player this cycle.

Now he is even scoring goals so watch out. Three consecutive matches and all three scores very opportunistic and clinical.

crzdcolombian and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This may have been said here before but I think he is our most important player. He’s a swiss army knife and provides a dynamic this team has never had.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Think he is, not a lot of guys who can do what he does and able to move from wide to central and also defend really well. Yaser has alot of the skills to do it actually, but not near Arias yet.

ryu79 repped this.
  21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Modern player

Soon centre Backs are going to be asked to play in goal too

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto repped this.
  23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    he LOVES his job....nothing wrong with it.

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He had a 6 day off season.

25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I hear ya and I don't disagree that he should rest more but he's 26 (remember that?). All I'm saying is he was subbed plenty during Copa and prior to Copa Start, they had few prep matches compared to the Brazil league craziness.